*** SportsHawaii Biggest Loser: Losing weight in 2009! ***

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** SportsHawaii Biggest Loser: Losing weight in 2009! ***

Post by browndog »

5'5", 155

GOAL: 149# in 4 weeks.

There are some big boyz on this site!

sl1322
All-conference
All-conference

Post by sl1322 »

5'-8" 218 (yeesh)

goal is to get to 190 by july 17th :-

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

as for a diet I plan to eat less red meat, replace snacking at work with fruits and veggies, and drink more water instead of juices or soda.

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

Scott wrote:I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20 year reunion is this year and this is the biggest (not in a good way) that I've ever been.

6'0" 238 lbs

we might need you to play fullback at UH, you good size.

warriorfan808

Post by warriorfan808 »

thanohano44 wrote:
Scott wrote:I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20 year reunion is this year and this is the biggest (not in a good way) that I've ever been.

6'0" 238 lbs

we might need you to play fullback at UH, you good size.

Not sure if Scott can play anymore, he spent a number of years on the pro bodybuilding circuit. His stage name was, "Scotty too hottie, Beeeg Body!!"

Anyway. I just came back from working out at a Tae Kwon Do school to check it out. The monthly fees are actually pretty steep, much more steep than they were when I trained previously, but that was over a decade ago. Apparently I can still do all the kicks required of a black belt and I maintained form which is important. It's hard to do some kicks though, my belly seems to throw off my balance.

I'm also looking into the O2 Martial Arts facility in Aiea. I took GJJ from the twins back in 96 and I've been thinking about getting back into it. Their school is more geared towards MMA though and I'm all about getting in shape for the 2009.

For those of you that shared your height and weight, I'm going to cut and paste that information in the top thread to keep track, along with the date. We will all meet our goals, that's how we roll in the sportshawaii Ohana!!

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

jhb3043 wrote:in all seriousness, you should give buffalo (also known as bison) a try. tastes just like beef, if not better...
:D Exactly, I've had BISON,and you're right it's not bad...close to the taste of beef. But then again, it ain't chicken :wink: So, everyone has their choice of taste.....and I'm one who enjoys "Lani Moooo" :D \:D/ Eh, there's no such thing as SAMOAN cow? Or is that called "BULL(a)" :o :-
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
jhb3043 wrote:in all seriousness, you should give buffalo (also known as bison) a try. tastes just like beef, if not better...
:D Exactly, I've had BISON,and you're right it's not bad...close to the taste of beef. But then again, it ain't chicken :wink: So, everyone has their choice of taste.....and I'm one who enjoys "Lani Moooo" :D \:D/ Eh, there's no such thing as SAMOAN cow? Or is that called "BULL(a)" :o :-
Kiawe Grill sell Buffalo Burgers, along with other Big Game Burgers AND also Ostrich, too

Waryor
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Waryor »

what da heck. i'm in.

5'8 189

i don't consider myself fat, but i have high blood pressure and my doc says i need to get down to 165.

that was 4 years ago.

maybe 'publicly' stating the goal will help me actually do it.

my diet is okay. i just need to eat smaller portions and exercise.

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

my new diet:

cut out soda and powerade and replace with 14 servings of water.
eat rice only at lunch time.
eat red meat twice a week.
fast food once a week.
eat fruits and oatmeal for breakfast (One hour after i lift/run)

workout:

20 minutes cardio to maintain a HR of 154bps
reps of 15-12-10-10-10 of lifts 5 days a week.
I made it through my first week and dropped 11lbs. I will do this for another 3 weeks before adding 10 more minutes of cardio.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

i was 5'5" 190lbs. the day after christmas.

today, im at 176lbs.

it hasn't been too bad, now comes the hard part. i want to get down to 165lbs.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Down to 145, dudes and dudettes :D .
Too bad it's due to the RV Diet (rotavirus)..

jhb3043
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by jhb3043 »

BigWave96744 wrote:
Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
Kiawe Grill sell Buffalo Burgers, along with other Big Game Burgers AND also Ostrich, too
Kiawes does a good job with their Buffalo Burger :thumbup:

tico brown
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Los Mets
NFL: NY Football Giants

Post by tico brown »

Is it too late for me to start this up with you guys?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Losing weight ain't as easy as it used to be. Last year, I was eating healthy and exercising regularly...but stayed at 235lbs....for like 4 months. If you don't weigh yourself daily, it's easy to fool yourself. I had to double my exercise regime and stop cheating on my diet. (party and friend's bbq count too.) Eating healthy and losing weight are two different issues.

I am 5'11" and 205lbs now. I want to lose another 10lbs by May 7. It will have taken me one year to reach this goal.

Haynr8dr
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
NBA: Boston Celtics
NFL: Oakland RAIDERS!

Post by Haynr8dr »

SundayJam wrote:Losing weight ain't as easy as it used to be. ...
I hear that.

I've got a nagging hamstring and groin injury. While I try to jog regularly, I have to rest every once in a while because one of those 2 issues appear. I also have bursitis in both my shoulders which will require surgery, but the Dr. doesn't recommend that now because he knows I'm taking care of my elderly father.

I played all Sports including with my company, and surfed in between. In my 20s, I had those periods of weight-lifting, and jogged 4-miles every other day religiously. As I got older, I gave those things up and grew - reaching weights of over 260. My wife describes me as 6-2, I describe myself as 6-1, and I'm actually in between.

On New Year's Day '06, I scaled in at 259. I started to jog again and worked my way up to 2-miles every other day. On the non-jogging days, I had a aerobic type weight-lifting routine, light weights with quick reps and quickly moving through the disciplines. 2-years later I had worked myself down to 227. Eventually that climbed back up to 235, and that's the general weight I've been able to maintain. Currently "resting" because my hammy seized-up a month or so ago, I just now got started back into my jogging. Just off the scale, I'm currently 239.

My goal: 220 by Thanksgiving, in hopes of maintaining a weight of 225 through the Holidays. I hope to see 210 again some day.

Good Luck everyone!

(PS - I alway use Thanksgiving as my target date, because there's no way I'm going to lose weight after that day and through the holidays - know what I mean?).