September 8th Chat with Jim Donovan (Live Thread)

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Jim Donovan
Insider
Insider

Re: September 8th Chat with Jim Donovan (Live Thread)

Post by Jim Donovan »

I'm 15 minutes late for my next meeting, so I've got to run..... Thanks for the questions and the support of UH Athletics and if I didn't get to your question this month, I'll try hard to get to it at the beginning of next month! (I'll be out of town the first Monday of October so we'll have the next first and 10 on October 13th. Thanks for your understanding!)

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Thank you Jim and Keep up the GREAT WORK!!!
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

shucks :)

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

Jim,

I just wanted to say that I really like the new look website. I have been complaining about it for years. I know that you have been chipping away at years of neglect.

Thankyou,

RedZone
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

Mr.EDGE808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Mr.EDGE808 »

Jim Donovan wrote:
Mr.EDGE808 wrote:First of all, thank you for your candor and honest approach that you've taken on as AD for the University of Hawaii on this media forum. :D I really
appreciate your answers and "forward" thinking approach on these issues for the fans and community. My question is when will the University of Hawaii
move forward with ALL of the sports programs as "pupukahi'i holomua" as in WARRIOR NATION? The ambiguous labeling of some programs being "rainbows",
"rainbow warriors' or "Men of war" does a poor job of team unity for our community and State university. By the way, I am an alumni, and I'm proud to be
one..... :hello1: :hello1:
-------------------------------------

Mr. Edge808 -

Certainly branding, or should I say consistent branding, is a long-term important issue for us. Having been on the job for 5 months, I recognize this is one of the issues that will need to be dealt with but as I prioritize all the issues we are facing, this one probably won't happen until my second or third year on the job (and since it's been this way at least since the 1999-2000 school year, I figure a few more months may be inevitable). As I formulate a plan in my mind for this issue, I'm hopeful to get feedback from our many constituencies and stakeholders as to where our long-term brand position should be. Sorry I can't be more definitive at this time, but right now I'm dealing with several other issues that have higher priority and a bigger impact economically and performance-wise in the short-term. Thanks for your support and observations.
Wow :o Great answer! I like the fact that he has a time table to this issue, so after year 3........ :-$
Because in my mind,it's always clear...evil thoughts that twist my mind into despair- Iron Maiden

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Mr.EDGE808 wrote:
Jim Donovan wrote:Mr. Edge808 -

Certainly branding, or should I say consistent branding, is a long-term important issue for us. Having been on the job for 5 months, I recognize this is one of the issues that will need to be dealt with but as I prioritize all the issues we are facing, this one probably won't happen until my second or third year on the job (and since it's been this way at least since the 1999-2000 school year, I figure a few more months may be inevitable). As I formulate a plan in my mind for this issue, I'm hopeful to get feedback from our many constituencies and stakeholders as to where our long-term brand position should be. Sorry I can't be more definitive at this time, but right now I'm dealing with several other issues that have higher priority and a bigger impact economically and performance-wise in the short-term. Thanks for your support and observations.
Wow :o Great answer! I like the fact that he has a time table to this issue, so after year 3........ :-$
+1 on that. Was going to ask Donovan if he ever played against Wyoming but thought against it since this isn't the place to yak about UW.

Great question, Scott, regarding licensing of apparel and other things for fans of UH athletics.