Does Ganot Stay or Go

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Treyman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Does Ganot Stay or Go

Post by Treyman »

Interesting comments during UConn game about coach Dan Hurley. Mentioned that he lost three players from last year’s squad and then adjusted system to fit new recruits and team. If National Championship coach can recognize need to adjust system to players instead of the other way around, why oh why is Ganot so married to his “system” and refuses to adjust to available players. We’ll see this year whether he adapts or goes down with the ship

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Ganot does not seem to be the type of coach who can adjust to the players' skill sets. I predict that Ganot will be let go near to, or at the end of next season. His is the most boring offense ever. I think that he got especially gun shy after he inherited Gib Arnold's team that first season.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Treyman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Treyman »

I’ve seen people before who refuse to adapt even if it results in their failure. He’ll never get another D1 head coaching job again if he keeps doing the same thing over and over expecting different results (insanity???)

Razornick
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Razornick »

I don't think I can remember a Ganot squad with the first, second, or third best starting five in the Big West (argument?). One thing I can say on the positive side is that his overmatched teams have always punched above its weight. A common problem for Hawai`i basketball coaches after Rocha, O'Neill and Pitino has been recruiting top talent to UH. Those were our glory years and we've been starving ever since. I don't mind boring if it is a trade off for winning. Is it possible to get in a coach who is a recruiting maestro that would not prefer to lead a more visible program?

Walkoff Balk
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Razornick wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:08 pm I don't think I can remember a Ganot squad with the first, second, or third best starting five in the Big West (argument?).
The last former UH basketball player to make it to the NBA was Anthony Carter. I thought Julian Sensley or Carl English would have make it to the NBA.

four25wow
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by four25wow »

Mor Seck is 7-0. Is he playing for Hawai'i yet? Only Mor Seck to carry the team. He's the only go to guy. All others are not MWC or WAC caliber play. Mor Seck is NBA caliber at 7-0. I think they all play different because of the given talent in players they have. I don't see Hawai'i getting better. Big West conference is Division I AA college team.

four25wow
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by four25wow »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:47 am Ganot does not seem to be the type of coach who can adjust to the players' skill sets. I predict that Ganot will be let go near to, or at the end of next season. His is the most boring offense ever. I think that he got especially gun shy after he inherited Gib Arnold's team that first season.
Ganot is there just to point them in the right direction. Not to show them how to play. Post up or shoot the outside ball. Ganot is a pretty tall man too. A big man. But still he cannot just walk on the court and yell at the players. The players know they're better than Ganot. So it's all a show for UH and Ganot. So it looks like Eran Ganot's team needs friends. Never mind they don't win games. Better to give, than to receive. Win games. You know?

I like Eran Ganot's choice of showmanship. UH has something to project. That is the right players and the right image to the public. Very much talented players. But making it to March Madness? This takes money, talent, recruiting, skill, and community support for Hawai'i to win games and go far in the Big Dance. In all likelihood one of these things are missing from UH athletic program in basketball. I think he'll be here awhile longer.

Walkoff Balk
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Wasn't Jaylen Brown's only NCAA tournament loss was to the Bows?

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

four25wow wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:40 pm Mor Seck is 7-0. Is he playing for Hawai'i yet? Only Mor Seck to carry the team. He's the only go to guy. All others are not MWC or WAC caliber play. Mor Seck is NBA caliber at 7-0. I think they all play different because of the given talent in players they have. I don't see Hawai'i getting better. Big West conference is Division I AA college team.
Mor Seck is now officially a Fresneck.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Walkoff Balk
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by Walkoff Balk »

UH only won one NCAA tournament game in 10 years. It was against the NBA Finals MVP and the Cal Bears. I'll take it.