2023-24 NFL Playoffs

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: 2023-24 NFL Playoffs

Post by shrek2 »

If you like watching QB play, the AFC has the super QBs in Allen, Mahomes and Jackson. They make things happen.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Buffalo has that bad juju of O.J. Simpson.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:24 pm Buffalo has that bad juju of O.J. Simpson.
Apparently. :roll: I feel bad for Josh Allen.

Last time K. C. didn't make it to the AFC Championship game was in 2017!!!

Have a bad feeling the NFL wants a Chiefs-Niners Super Bowl badly partly because of Taylor Swift!!!!!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

wyokie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:32 pm Have a bad feeling the NFL wants a Chiefs-Niners Super Bowl badly partly because of Taylor Swift!!!!!
The Ravens are the best team in the NFL in my opinion. And, Jared Goff of Detroit has already beaten a similar team in the 9ers when he played for the Rams when they won the Superbowl in '21.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:11 pm
wyokie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:32 pm Have a bad feeling the NFL wants a Chiefs-Niners Super Bowl badly partly because of Taylor Swift!!!!!
The Ravens are the best team in the NFL in my opinion. And, Jared Goff of Detroit has already beaten a similar team in the 9ers when he played for the Rams when they won the Superbowl in '21.
Uhmm...the Rams won the Superbowl in '22, 23-20. Goff was not the quarterback. Mathew Stafford was. Goff lost in '19 to the New England Patriots 13-3. The Rams traded Goff to the Lions along with a lot of top round picks in succeeding years. The Rams did not beat the 9ers in a Superbowl...they beat Cincinnati. In recent memory, the niners lost to Baltimore and Kansas City in a Superbowl.

The Ravens and Niners are favored, but I am going to stick with my original picks: Chiefs and Lions in the Superbowl. If the Ravens make it, I won't be surprised. San Fran has a lot of issues.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:43 pm Uhmm...the Rams won the Superbowl in '22, 23-20. Goff was not the quarterback. Mathew Stafford was. Goff lost in '19 to the New England Patriots 13-3. The Rams traded Goff to the Lions along with a lot of top round picks in succeeding years. The Rams did not beat the 9ers in a Superbowl...they beat Cincinnati. In recent memory, the niners lost to Baltimore and Kansas City in a Superbowl.

The Ravens and Niners are favored, but I am going to stick with my original picks: Chiefs and Lions in the Superbowl. If the Ravens make it, I won't be surprised. San Fran has a lot of issues.
Thanks for the correction. Maybe the 9ers have a chance this week. AFC seems stronger because of the two QBs but the defense for Baltimore looks like they might be able to cover Mahomes.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Never knew how tough KC Chiefs defense was. It should have been Green Bay and Detroit in the NFC Championship game. It would have been more interesting.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

The Detroit Lions palms got sweaty. You had one shot,

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I thought the 9ers lost that game by the first half. Luckily, I didn't get disgusted by Chase Young getting taken out on the sweeps for the second week. Out coached and out played by both GB and Detroit but luck was on their side for the second straight week. Ball bouncing off the cover man's helmet in the third quarter and ending up in Brandon Aiyuk's hands was probably the turning point.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Liked the halftime show with Journey and the fanbase despite being down by 17 at the half.

Link

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

Wonder what the over/under is for how many times we'll all have to see Taylor Swift's face during the Super Bowl. If everyone hated the Chiefs before.....

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

wyokie wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:05 pm Wonder what the over/under is for how many times we'll all have to see Taylor Swift's face during the Super Bowl. If everyone hated the Chiefs before.....
You know, Tony Dungy made a big thing regarding how she's bad for the NFL, but I really didn't care about seeing her anymore than seeing Jerry Jones everytime there wasn't any action on the field. I don't mind having her on the screen since I'm usually making a snack or headed to the boy's room. I was more concerned about why Lamar Jackson was so off, then realized KC's defense is better than most people realize. I'm fine with showing family or friends in the stands; I usually just tune out mentally.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Brock Purdy can't be compared to superman at KC and it doesn't look good for them in the Super Bowl but, it's still a good story. Brock Purdy's mom interview after the game. Down to earth family.

Link

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

What's the deal with Cam Newton keep calling Brock Purdy as Brock Parody? Is he doing a Skip Bayless insult name pun?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Guys...any game is simply a circus. How did the gladiator put it..."Are you not entertained?!" Although my favorite Cinderella team (Detroit) did not reach the Super Bowl, I think this one's gonna be as good as the last one. Both teams fought hard to reach this pinnacle. San Fran caught Immaculate receptions, had its quarterback flee the devil himself to make 1st downs, and had receivers bully a perfect defense to make 1st downs as well as td's. KC basically rose from the dead. They did the same last year against the Bengals. Andy Reid is something else. I think the difference will be, once again, the coach. Shannahan...meh.