Hawaii vs. Oregon Game Thread

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Hawaii vs. Oregon Game Thread

Post by SundayJam »

We have a good team. Schager is a good quarterback...who likes to air the ball out a-bit too much. He can't run...also. He does have one of the best receiving crews we've had in some time. Our defense did not allow the bad Ducks to put 70 points on the score board! We've got some assets on D that aren't filling the gaps.

Wyoming beat Texas Tech...but Wyoming has always been a formidable opponent. Still, we've traded wins over the past ten years. Win some, lose some. A bunch of other conference opponents represented well. Yes, Stanford and Vandy were winnable games. UNLV and Sacramento State are good teams, so it's not surprising that they won. San Diego State, Nevada, and UTEP are also good teams playing remarkable games.

It makes no sense to promote failed coaches with Hawaiian ties to come to the rescue. I think this team will jell. They'll figure it out.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Looks like we did a better job against Oregon last week at the half then Colorado

We only gave up 2 Sakes and at the half it was 34-3
Colorado already gave up 4 sacks and is shutout 34-0 at the half.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

ulua wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:16 am Looks like we did a better job against Oregon last week at the half then Colorado

Neon Deion is a class A fraud, IMO.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:47 am
ulua wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:16 am Looks like we did a better job against Oregon last week at the half then Colorado

If by fraud you mean one of the best athletes ever? His NFL, MLB and college career were unmatched (Bo didn't have a long career, but he's the closest).

He has turned around a horrible HBCC, filled Colorado's roster with studs and has their team ranked after going 1-11. Not to mention he's helped mentor many players who made it to the NFL.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

Yep. But I still like the effort to turn the team around. The fraud is in the expectations to be more than a mid tier team.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:42 pm

Yep. But I still like the effort to turn the team around. The fraud is in the expectations to be more than a mid tier team.
Agreed. I'll amend my earlier comment in that he is a fraud for now...however,...let's see how well CU can bounce back from this embarrassing loss today in the upcoming games.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:32 pm
UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:42 pm

Agreed. I'll amend my earlier comment in that he is a fraud for now...however,...let's see how well CU can bounce back from this embarrassing loss today in the upcoming games.
If they beat USC (won’t happen), they will be back on track … lol

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

.....or the Ducks really are that much better? Colorado is just getting started. They haven't built the program yet. Oregon has been in the conversation for decades now. Colorado stands no chance against USC next week. No knock on them.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Deion learned that he doesn't have the horses to compete against elite teams like Oregon. Oregon has elite level speed at linebacker and just speed at every position.

And they have speed that make can tackles. Missed tackles are a killer!!

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

Easy to win at Jackson State with transfer portal and NIL. Also easy when you bring your offense and team from Jackson State and ostracize young men to build your team with Transfers and money. College football is not what it used to be. Timmy took the high ground we have many (30+) Srs who won't contribute much but Timmy respected our commitment to them. In this day and age it could end in costing him his job. There are lots of other coaches who dislike the portal and NIL and how it impacts the lives of many young men. And yet there are many who will embrace what Dion has done at Colorado. We are not teaching young men life values. The new college football values is about taking care of yourself, how you perform above anything else and don't expect anything in return. Everything is legal. The haves have and the have nots will be left out.

cabanalane
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by cabanalane »

Was a fan of coach Deion, as he said a lot of good things. The one thing he said a few times that I don't like something like "we are going to hurt someone...."

Yes, football is a violent sport. We all know that. IMO, don't say it publicly. Keep it in the locker room or practice field. If football is to survive, they should use less of the term "hurting" someone. Tackling, doing your job, your assignment, stopping them, may not be exciting. Deion is exciting, but may not be good for the sport.

I think we will feel the impact of the new health concerns, may be 5-10 years from now, if not already, where there's less interest in football, both playing and watching.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

#23 Liberty (13-0) just lost 45-6 to Oregon, with the Ducks going victory formation 1st & goal inside the 10 with minutes something left in the Fiesta Bowl