Hawaii HS Football Transfer Portal

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Re: Hawaii HS Football Transfer Portal

Post by unpaid »

KJ Hallums 2025 OL (formerly Punahou) has transferred to Bishop Gorman per social media.

teamhawaii
High-quality H20 provider
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

Zaiden Wallace - Kapolei to Campbell
Per twitter

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://bedrocksportshawaii.com/among-t ... to-kahuku/ https://twitter.com/bedrocksportshi/status/1666210203245899776
Here is a full list of known transfers (source: Twitter):

>> Ethan Biondine, LB, 6-0, 210 (Lake Oswego in Oregon to Mililani)
>> Anelu Lafaele, DE, 6-2, 220 (Saint Louis to Farrington)
>> KJ Hallums, OL, 6-1, 270 (Punahou to Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas)
>> Diezel Kamoku, WR, 5-10, 175 (Kapolei to Kahuku)
>> Sitani Mikaele, LB/DE, 6-0, 250 (Rancho Cucamonga in California to Kahuku)
>> Jacob Punivai, OL, 6-1, 290 (Saint Louis to Kahuku)
>> Eric Stephens, DB/WR, 5-10, 150 (Moanalua to Waipahu)
>> Tuli Tagovailoa-Amosa, QB, 5-11, 190 (Kapolei to Kahuku)
>> Zaiden Wallace, DE/DT, 6-5, 270 (Kapolei to Campbell)
>> Terahiti Wolfe, DB, 5-10, 180 (Punahou to Kahuku)
Last edited by kapakahi on Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

kapakahi wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:59 pm https://bedrocksportshawaii.com/among-t ... to-kahuku/ https://twitter.com/bedrocksportshi/status/1666210203245899776
Here is a full list of known transfers (source: Twitter):

>> Ethan Biondine, LB, 6-0, 210 (Lake Oswego in Oregon to Mililani)
>> Anelu Lafaele, DE, 6-2, 22o (Saint Louis to Farrington)
>> KJ Hallums, OL, 6-1, 270 (Punahou to Bishop Gorman in Las Vegas)
>> Diezel Kamoku, WR, 5-10, 175 (Kapolei to Kahuku)
>> Sitani Mikaele, LB/DE, 6-0, 250 (Rancho Cucamonga in California to Kahuku)
>> Jacob Punivai, OL, 6-1, 290 (Saint Louis to Kahuku)
>> Eric Stephens, DB/WR, 5-10, 150 (Moanalua to Waipahu)
>> Tuli Tagovailoa-Amosa, QB, 5-11, 190 (Kapolei to Kahuku)
>> Zaiden Wallace, DE/DT, 6-5, 270 (Kapolei to Campbell)
>> Terahiti Wolfe, DB, 5-10, 180 (Punahou to Kahuku)
@kapakahi:

Look at how many players have transferred to Kahuku! FIVE! GO Red Raiders!

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

The crazy reality is imagine the ILH didn't exist. Wait. Let it set in. That's right. Kahuku would have another 15-20 studs on an already stacked team. There would be zero competition.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:53 am The crazy reality is imagine the ILH didn't exist. Wait. Let it set in. That's right. Kahuku would have another 15-20 studs on an already stacked team. There would be zero competition.
I don't agree. I think there would actually be more parity like how there was in the 70;s, 80;s and 90's. I think more kids would stay in their home districts.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

rrforlifebaby wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:17 pm
Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:53 am The crazy reality is imagine the ILH didn't exist. Wait. Let it set in. That's right. Kahuku would have another 15-20 studs on an already stacked team. There would be zero competition.
I don't agree. I think there would actually be more parity like how there was in the 70;s, 80;s and 90's. I think more kids would stay in their home districts.
The talent depth from the North Shore wasn't really pronounced until the late 90s. It's grown bc of the influx of Polys from Samoa & and Tonga on back of college opportunities gained in the 90s. Players like C Naole paved the way by going to bigger programs. Plus, they always have plenty kids.

If you're theory is right, the poly connect would disappear at Mililani for instance bc those guys aren't from there.
Waianae would be the only real contender talent/depth size. But, those guys no go school.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

rrforlifebaby
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by rrforlifebaby »

Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:05 pm
The talent depth from the North Shore wasn't really pronounced until the late 90s. It's grown bc of the influx of Polys from Samoa & and Tonga on back of college opportunities gained in the 90s. Players like C Naole paved the way by going to bigger programs. Plus, they always have plenty kids.

If you're theory is right, the poly connect would disappear at Mililani for instance bc those guys aren't from there.
Waianae would be the only real contender talent/depth size. But, those guys no go school.
...But, those guys no go school. lol.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@Palolo_2LA:

Well, I for one don't mind the ILH existing; I just wish Punahou and St Louis didn't exist.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Palolo_2LA wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:05 pm

@Palolo_2LA:

Interesting post. Actually, Kahuku had already risen to prominence by the late-'80s. It's amazing, how Polys can really make a school's football team rock. And, as you said, Kahuku High has a lot of Polys.
I think the only reason Mililani High has a lot of Polys on its football team is that HC York recruits them pretty heavily.
Waianae High has been a football powerhouse since the mid-'70s, and of course it's no coincidence that that school has had lots of Polys forever. As for the claim that they don't attend school regularly, well, I don't think that's a problem only at that school; I think it's islandwide, actually.

teamhawaii
NBA: L.A. Lakers

Post by teamhawaii »

Kaina Watson ‘26 - Kamehameha to Bishop Gorman
Zedekiah Anahu-Ambrosio ‘25 - Konawaena to Bishop Gorman

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:57 am
@Palolo_2LA:

Well, I for one don't mind the ILH existing; I just wish Punahou and St Louis didn't exist.
Then you would have the same problem with Kamehameha winning all the time. What you should wish for is more parity among all schools, or for the alliance to come back, and new teams like Campbell or Kapolei winning state titles to mix it up.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ChadFukuoka wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:49 pm
@Palolo_2LA:

Then you would have the same problem with Kamehameha winning all the time. What you should wish for is more parity among all schools, or for the alliance to come back, and new teams like Campbell or Kapolei winning state titles to mix it up.
@ChadFukuoka:

Three things:

1. I like Kamehameha Schools, so I'm OK with them.
2. Having said that, yes: They had a good year in sports. But, that's rare enough.
3. They're not that good in football, and that's what Palolo_2LA's post is about. OK, they were pretty good two years ago, when they had that kick-butt RB. But even then, St Louis still won the ILH D1 title. For the past five years and more, Punahou and St Louis have been good in football.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:22 am

@Palolo_2LA:

@ChadFukuoka:

Three things:

2. Having said that, yes: They had a good year in sports. But, that's rare enough.
3. They're not that good in football, and that's what Palolo_2LA's post is about. OK, they were pretty good two years ago, when they had that kick-butt RB. But even then, St Louis still won the ILH D1 title. For the past five years and more, Punahou and St Louis have been good in football.
Kamehameha is in the position we were in in the early 2000s. Don’t know if you would’ve been OK with us winning. Of course, we were an afterthought back then.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

gopunahou wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:09 am
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 1:22 am

@ChadFukuoka:

Three things:

Kamehameha is in the position we were in in the early 2000s. Don’t know if you would’ve been OK with us winning. Of course, we were an afterthought back then.
@gopunahou:

Your alma mater is never an afterthought. In football, it may have been. Not anymore. Punahou School is also the dominant school in the state when it comes to sports in general (not just football).