football season tickets, seat renewal & seat locations changes

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

football season tickets, seat renewal & seat locations changes

Post by st808 »

got an email informing me that seat renewal starts today. logged into the ticket site only to find my seats appear to be moved. used to have 4-5 and now it's 10-11 which leaves me with a questionable sight line change that would block most of the field. wonder why and how that happened. anyone else have their seat numbers/location change?

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: football seat renewal starts today. seat locations were changed by ticket office??

Post by poidog »

st808 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:07 pm got an email informing me that seat renewal starts today. logged into the ticket site only to find my seats appear to be moved. used to have 4-5 and now it's 10-11 which leaves me with a questionable sight line change that would block most of the field. wonder why and how that happened. anyone else have their seat numbers/location change?
I would think that they are going to move stuff around because of the new seats being added. I'm hoping to move up higher in my section into the new seats they are putting in. My H-Club level is only Varsity so I can't see my seats yet...

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: football seat renewal starts today. seat locations were changed by ticket office??

Post by ubercow »

wow, that sucks. since you're pretty early on I'd recommend requesting seat relocations, you may get something way better.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

update: just got off the phone with the ticket office and was assured that the numbering of seats was adjusted with the expansion of the seating that the seats are the same I had for the past two years, just the numbering has changed. makes sense, as I sit in the disabled section in the kkhd section and they adjusted the numbering to reflect the seats' location in reference to the bench seating just mauka of my seats in the same row.

poidog: with the expansion you will be ahead of any new fan applying for tickets, so as soon as your window opens, call the ticket office at 956.4482 to see what seats are available in sections you may want.

ubercow: I sit in the first row for disabled persons on the kkhd end zone. I really like sitting there as the players are just a high-five away. we do have to stay alert as the ball either bounces or is thrown into our section occasionally. I was happy the ticket office assured me I have the same seats that are just renumbered.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

st808 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:38 am update: just got off the phone with the ticket office and was assured that the numbering of seats was adjusted with the expansion of the seating that the seats are the same I had for the past two years, just the numbering has changed. makes sense, as I sit in the disabled section in the kkhd section and they adjusted the numbering to reflect the seats' location in reference to the bench seating just mauka of my seats in the same row.

poidog: with the expansion you will be ahead of any new fan applying for tickets, so as soon as your window opens, call the ticket office at 956.4482 to see what seats are available in sections you may want.

ubercow: I sit in the first row for disabled persons on the kkhd end zone. I really like sitting there as the players are just a high-five away. we do have to stay alert as the ball either bounces or is thrown into our section occasionally. I was happy the ticket office assured me I have the same seats that are just renumbered.
st808, great info. Thanks for checking.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

st808 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:38 am update: just got off the phone with the ticket office and was assured that the numbering of seats was adjusted with the expansion of the seating that the seats are the same I had for the past two years, just the numbering has changed. makes sense, as I sit in the disabled section in the kkhd section and they adjusted the numbering to reflect the seats' location in reference to the bench seating just mauka of my seats in the same row.

thanks so much for taking the time to post this. i get so much anxiety around ticket renewal time! this information is super helpful.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Here's the updated stadium map:
https://img.hawaiiathletics.com/Web/PAC ... _v2-sm.pdf

ticket info:
https://img.hawaiiathletics.com/Web/PAC ... fo-rev.pdf

observations from this map:
1. they are not going to do the Mauka sideline upgrades this year. The sightlines will still suck on that side and they are not going to add seating in the corners. it'll probably still suck for national tv broadcast crews as well.
2. they moved the band and the students into the diamondhead endzone (where I sit). I don't know how to feel about this and I hope It doesn't make it harder for me to get the seats that I want.
3. Ewa endzone will be significantly bigger this season.

I'm disappointed that they aren't doing the makai sideline in time for this season, but it makes the project as a whole much more realistic.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

poidog wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:41 pm Here's the updated stadium map:

ticket info:

1. they are not going to do the Mauka sideline upgrades this year. The sightlines will still suck on that side and they are not going to add seating in the corners. it'll probably still suck for national tv broadcast crews as well.
2. they moved the band and the students into the diamondhead endzone (where I sit). I don't know how to feel about this and I hope It doesn't make it harder for me to get the seats that I want.

I'm disappointed that they aren't doing the makai sideline in time for this season, but it makes the project as a whole much more realistic.
The band and student section were moved to the Diamond Head endzone because the Aloha Stadium scoreboard will be on that side. That makes the Ewa endzone better seats because they can see the scoreboard. You might want to consider going to the Ewa endzone.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

uhwarriors wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:34 pm
poidog wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:41 pm Here's the updated stadium map:

ticket info:

The band and student section were moved to the Diamond Head endzone because the Aloha Stadium scoreboard will be on that side. That makes the Ewa endzone better seats because they can see the scoreboard. You might want to consider going to the Ewa endzone.
I sit in the kkhd section also. in the first row disabled. having the student section should get loud, especially with the band on that side too. we'll see how it goes this year. sat under and in front of the scoreboard at the no aloha for a few years and had to turn to see replays.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

uhwarriors wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:34 pm The band and student section were moved to the Diamond Head endzone because the Aloha Stadium scoreboard will be on that side. That makes the Ewa endzone better seats because they can see the scoreboard. You might want to consider going to the Ewa endzone.
My friends and I REALLY like sitting close to the baseball stadium. the bathrooms there are much better and the Les is a nice place to relax before kickoff and during halftime. Decisions, decisions....

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

poidog wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:35 pm
uhwarriors wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:34 pm The band and student section were moved to the Diamond Head endzone because the Aloha Stadium scoreboard will be on that side. That makes the Ewa endzone better seats because they can see the scoreboard. You might want to consider going to the Ewa endzone.
My friends and I REALLY like sitting close to the baseball stadium. the bathrooms there are much better and the Les is a nice place to relax before kickoff and during halftime. Decisions, decisions....
how are the restrooms in the mauka section? do they have concessions?

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Murakami Stadium restroom facilities are the best and the Stadium is a great place to hang out before the game.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

st808 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:14 pm
There are a couple of concession stands on the concourse level in the Mauka stands. There are also restrooms at the ground and concourse levels.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

uhwarriors wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:22 pm
There are a couple of concession stands on the concourse level in the Mauka stands. There are also restrooms at the ground and concourse levels.
I ended up moving my seats to the Ewa endzone. they added a lot of rows so i'm happy to be high up with a good view of the field and the scoreboard.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

poidog wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:09 pm
uhwarriors wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:22 pm

I ended up moving my seats to the Ewa endzone. they added a lot of rows so i'm happy to be high up with a good view of the field and the scoreboard.
I think that's a good decision. Murakami Stadium isn't too far for your pregame relaxation. You'll figure the restrooms out.