LeBron James - NBA Scoring record 38,388

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

LeBron James - NBA Scoring record 38,388

Post by cabanalane »

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/le ... -rcna69064

LeBron James breaks NBA scoring record with his 38,388th point, surpassing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

This deserves its own thread, as it does not come around that often.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Re: LeBron James - NBA Scoring record 38,388

Post by ubercow »

wonder how long more he'll go.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Congrats, to the "Cleveland Hammah."

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

ubercow wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:20 pm wonder how long more he'll go.
I think he will pull a Tom Brady. Meaning he will play pass his expiration date.

IMO, I think Jordan could have still play a few more years after the Wizzards. But he was trying to still be his old self with two bags of ice on both knees. And could not will himself to carry the team.

LBJ will continue to surround himself with younger guys, so he can make take the "easier shots" for history.

He know he will never be a "Jordan" or "Kobe." It bother both to the core, when they don't win the NBA Championship. I don't think bother LBJ as much. And what a way to go out by being the GOAT in total points. We can debate between MJ and Kobe. But total points is hard to debate.

renzocapone
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by renzocapone »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:41 am
ubercow wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:20 pm wonder how long more he'll go.
I think he will pull a Tom Brady. Meaning he will play pass his expiration date.

IMO, I think Jordan could have still play a few more years after the Wizzards. But he was trying to still be his old self with two bags of ice on both knees. And could not will himself to carry the team.

LBJ will continue to surround himself with younger guys, so he can make take the "easier shots" for history.

He know he will never be a "Jordan" or "Kobe." It bother both to the core, when they don't win the NBA Championship. I don't think bother LBJ as much. And what a way to go out by being the GOAT in total points. We can debate between MJ and Kobe. But total points is hard to debate.
I don't think LBJ thinks about comparing himself to Jordan or Kobe, I think he thinks he's better than them because of his high self-esteem :)

renzocapone
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by renzocapone »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:27 am https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/le ... -rcna69064it

LeBron James breaks NBA scoring record with his 38,388th point, surpassing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

This deserves its own thread, as it does not come around that often.

No matter how anyone feels about LeBron - it's really a momentous event, requiring an incredible effort imho