Josh Brown back to UTEP

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Josh Brown back to UTEP

Post by Irse »

https://twitter.com/WarriorAccess/status/1639787690391670785
ImageImage

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Josh Brown back to UTEP

Post by SundayJam »

Yeah, so I had to look this guy up...as I didn't remember him. Bah, bye?!!! Why does a team like ours need a safeties coach? Aren't a defensive coordinator and secondary coach enough to oversee them? I understand the need for a linebacker coach...but, a safeties coach? How many safeties do we have?

Weird.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

At least it appears that he got a promotion and not a lateral move.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:37 am Yeah, so I had to look this guy up...as I didn't remember him. Bah, bye?!!! Why does a team like ours need a safeties coach? Aren't a defensive coordinator and secondary coach enough to oversee them? I understand the need for a linebacker coach...but, a safeties coach? How many safeties do we have?

Weird.
Good point. For the sake of discussion since we are in the slow period, does UH Safeties play DB or LB at times? Or something like that? I'm guessing Safeties can ply LB at times where they want more speed. Perhaps the plan is when the Safety got his man (slow him down), it only takes 1 second for the rest of the boys to catch up, if they need to bring down a Beasty RB.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:16 am
SundayJam wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:37 am Yeah, so I had to look this guy up...as I didn't remember him. Bah, bye?!!! Why does a team like ours need a safeties coach? Aren't a defensive coordinator and secondary coach enough to oversee them? I understand the need for a linebacker coach...but, a safeties coach? How many safeties do we have?

Weird.
Good point. For the sake of discussion since we are in the slow period, does UH Safeties play DB or LB at times? Or something like that? I'm guessing Safeties can ply LB at times where they want more speed. Perhaps the plan is when the Safety got his man (slow him down), it only takes 1 second for the rest of the boys to catch up, if they need to bring down a Beasty RB.
My limited experience playing organized football was at linebacker. I didn't make the cut. The starters I teamed up with were both 1st team all-state...one of them was defensive player of the year. My linebacker coach made many racist comments while I tried out for the team...he was later disgraced as the head coach for making the same disparaging comments.

I doubt a safety has ever played the linebacker position. Come to think of it...I can't remember there being a safety position in high school football. The DL and LB are the core of the defense. Then there are the db's and lastly, the safety net.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Can't fault him for taking the promotion. I expect this to happen every season. Good coaches & players will leave after 1 or 2 seasons. That's just the landscape of college football.