Time’s Up for Ganot

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Treyman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Time’s Up for Ganot

Post by Treyman »

After listening to another scoring drought by Hawaii it is now time to seriously consider if Ganot is the right person for the job. Nice guy but record of mediocrity and one game exits from Big West tourney. Same story for years. I did not renew my season tickets this year and am sure many will not renew for next year. Time to thank him for his service and reset program.

DaBigChinese
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Time’s Up for Ganot

Post by DaBigChinese »

ah.... he's under contract to 2026. We can't afford to let him go. I agree though. His offense is boring, and his recruiting so far is suspect. He won 22 games this year, but mostly against total cupcakes. Mediocrity should not be accepted.
"Up in sunny kaimuki..." LIHOLIHO STYLE!!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I think he's not been a consistent wanna win type person in his life. The enthusiam is really lacking. He probably makes a good assistant coach not a head coach. No player development in any of the players coached.

Treyman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Treyman »

If only we had some sugar daddies who could buy him out. You are right about his contract status so I guess to more years of treading water. Pains me to think of 2 scholies sitting on bench for a nature season. And now we get the Yale guy who hasn’t played this year cuz of shoulder surgery. Yikes!!!!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I’m likely preaching to the choir when I say that UH’s biggest weakness is their inability to play 40 minutes. It’s made me doubt that Ganot’s got the ability to convince UH to play 40 minutes in a game.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

I’m likely preaching to the choir when I say that UH’s biggest weakness is their inability to play 40 minutes. It’s made me doubt that Ganot’s got the ability to convince UH to play 40 minutes in a game.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Under contract till 2026? Thanks Dave, yet another faux pas.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Ganot runs into the same problem that Gib Arnold had when they ran out of gas by the tournament by playing the starters too long in the regular season.

Treyman
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by Treyman »

I hope Ganot is watching every game in a he tournament and understanding how important guard play is to advancing. Recruit some athletic guards who can create their shot when needed. Top 2 players for FDU were D2 transfers with a their coach. Ballers are everywhere and Ganot needs to widen his lens when recruiting. This next year is crucial to Ganot’s continuing as HC

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

He is who we thought he'd be.
Probably won't get any worse, but it won't get any better. This is the rut called the Ganot era.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:11 pm Ganot runs into the same problem that Gib Arnold had when they ran out of gas by the tournament by playing the starters too long in the regular season.
it at least looks like they are trying to improve in this area, with only 2 starters playing more than 30 mins/game (Coleman @ 32.6 and McKoy @ 30.2) vs last year when they had 4 over 30 (Coleman @ 34.3, Hepa @ 32.7, McClanahan @ 31, Avea @ 30.2). they've also spread the minutes around more with 10 players averaging over 10 minutes a game vs only 7 last season, with the number increasing to 11 if Kody Williams keeps getting playing time (but not counting all the DNP's being racked up by Cotton). Whatever they do, they need to give Coleman some rest before the tournament because he ran out of gas last year and was a big reason why we got bounced so early. Giving Beattie more minutes now should help.