2023 Warrior Football W/L Predictions

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2023 MW football schedules are out

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:20 am Hawaii gets all three Front Range Schools (AFA, Fort Fart, and UW) in a row at the end of the year.
I'm gonna worry about the fort. The others I'm not concerned about. Since when is Why a front range school? You still have the same coach,don't you? Air Force is an academy school. They have their limitations. Mr. Neon on the other hand has bought/brought some serious talent to the table.

Thanks for the schedule.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

SundayJam wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:33 am
wyokie wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:20 am Hawaii gets all three Front Range Schools (AFA, Fort Fart, and UW) in a row at the end of the year.
I'm gonna worry about the fort. The others I'm not concerned about. Since when is Why a front range school? You still have the same coach,don't you? Air Force is an academy school. They have their limitations. Mr. Neon on the other hand has bought/brought some serious talent to the table.

Thanks for the schedule.

From Wikipedia:

"The Front Range is a mountain range of the Southern Rocky Mountains of North America located in the central portion of the U.S. State of Colorado, and southeastern portion of the U.S. State of Wyoming.[1] It is the first mountain range encountered as one goes westbound along the 40th parallel north across the Great Plains of North America."
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:42 am

Thanks for the schedule.

From Wikipedia:

"The Front Range is a mountain range of the Southern Rocky Mountains of North America located in the central portion of the U.S. State of Colorado, and southeastern portion of the U.S. State of Wyoming.[1] It is the first mountain range encountered as one goes westbound along the 40th parallel north across the Great Plains of North America."
THANK YOU, My3Cats! You all should know what a Front Range schools is by now. Since at least 1980 when Hawaii joined the WAC, UH has played all three Front Range schools...Air Force, Fort Fart aka Colorado State, & Wyoming.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:16 am

Thanks for the schedule.

From Wikipedia:

THANK YOU, My3Cats! You all should know what a Front Range schools is by now. Since at least 1980 when Hawaii joined the WAC, UH has played all three Front Range schools...Air Force, Fort Fart aka Colorado State, & Wyoming.
Oh...home on the range...I get it now. How could I not have known that?!!! Okay. Fort Fart may not be a problem...I mistook it for the other Colorado opponent.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Thanks for the schedule.

From Wikipedia:

You're welcome wyokie. I was scratching my head after reading SundayJam's post. Home on the Range indeed!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:17 pm

From Wikipedia:

You're welcome wyokie. I was scratching my head after reading SundayJam's post. Home on the Range indeed!
:cowboy: LOL I was doing the same thing when I read his post. I love the Rocky Mountains. Sadly, Oklahoma has none of them. LOL

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:33 pm

:cowboy: LOL I was doing the same thing when I read his post. I love the Rocky Mountains. Sadly, Oklahoma has none of them. LOL
So...you're telling me the deer and the antelope don't roam in Wyoming? Well...I guess there is many a discouraging word though. Hmmm...maybe I was wrong yet again.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:47 am

So...you're telling me the deer and the antelope don't roam in Wyoming? Well...I guess there is many a discouraging word though. Hmmm...maybe I was wrong yet again.
We do have deer (mainly in the National parks and National Forests) and antelope or the proper term is pronghorn. BTW, pronghorn and the antelope in Africa and other places are NOT related. Long story.

So yeah the song does work for Wyoming. :roll: I always associated that song with Texas and Oklahoma.

Could we PLEASE get back track for this thread??????!!!!!!!

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:24 am Could we PLEASE get back track for this thread??????!!!!!!!
Wait, huh?????
This from the King of Off-topic & post hijacks :lol: :cowboy: :dubthum:

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:08 am
wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:24 am Could we PLEASE get back track for this thread??????!!!!!!!
Wait, huh?????
I hate losing arguments.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Why we gotta play at Wyoming at the end of Nov 🥶

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:48 am Why we gotta play at Wyoming at the end of Nov 🥶
I love it. :cowboy:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:24 am
SundayJam wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:47 am

We do have deer (mainly in the National parks and National Forests) and antelope or the proper term is pronghorn. BTW, pronghorn and the antelope in Africa and other places are NOT related. Long story.

So yeah the song does work for Wyoming. :roll: I always associated that song with Texas and Oklahoma.

Could we PLEASE get back track for this thread??????!!!!!!!
wyokie wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:22 am
BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:08 am
Wait, huh?????
I hate losing arguments.

To be clear: The song was written in Kansas...which isn't that far away. Without being a historian...I can pretty much say that Mr. Higley was writing about the same range.

I am much happier to be playing the 'front range' teams at the end of the season than those from Oklahoma or Texas. Just sayin...

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Fri Sept 29th: Tumua Tuinei at the Luxor
https://luxor.mgmresorts.com/en/enterta ... uinei.html

Sat Sept 30th: UH@UNLV

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

https://www.vegasinsider.com/college-fo ... in-totals/

• @ Vandy-3.5
• Stanford
• Albany
• @ Oregon
• New Mexico St-5
• @ UNLV-6
• SDSU
• @ New Mexico
• SJSU-5.5
• @ Nevada-3
• Air Force-8.5
• @ Wyoming
• CSU-4.5

Draft Kings put the Warrior’s win total at 3.5.

Jeff Sagarin'stm College Football Ratings
Using his database (dated through 1/9/23) the Warriors will be an underdog in 12 of 13 games.
• Note-I used Sagarians index-the Warriors are rated a 52 at the end
• of last season and I subtracted that number against the rating of
• the Warrior's opponent taking into consideration of the home field
advantage at 2. These are ballpark figures, and don’t take into consideration of
the plusses and minuses of a team's roster going into the season.

• @ Vandy-3.5 (the Warriors are likely a 14-point underdog)
• Stanford-(the Warriors likely an 11-point underdog)
• Albany-(the Warriors likely a 14 point favorite)
• @ Oregon-(the Warriors likely a 34 point underdog)
• New Mexico St-5 (the Warriors likely a 5-point underdog)
• @ UNLV-6 (the Warriors are likely an 8-point underdog)
• SDSU-(the Warriors likely a 14 point underdog)
• @ New Mexico-(the Warriors likely a 3 point favorite)
• SJSU-5.5 (the Warriors are likely an 8-point underdog)
• @ Nevada-3 (the Warriors are likely a 3-point underdog)
• Air Force-8.5 (the Warriors are likely a 20-point underdog)
• @ Wyoming (the Warriors are likely a 12-point underdog)
• CSU-4.5 (the Warriors are likely a 2-point underdog)
No matter how you cut it the outlook for the Warrior’s 2023 season doesn’t look promising. The worst-case scenario I say the Warriors win 2 games-Albany, CSU.

The best-case scenario is that Chang and the Warrior’s new offense catches the opponents by surprise. Through the Warrior’s off-season practices this last spring everything was more or less in the dark as there was no spring game. So maybe there’s an ace in Chang’s sleeve or better yet a Trojan Horse, and his run-and-shoot shoots missiles and catches this season's opponents by surprise, which would be nice. A winning season and a bowl bid would be great but I think I’m dreaming. What are your predictions?