*** Official Tom Brady Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Tom Brady retires-again

Post by shrek2 »

UnBiasFan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:30 pm
shrek2 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:10 am Okay, I get it, he probably wants to spend time in Florida with his kids but, I wouldn't mind him spending some time with one or both of the SF QBs.
He has a ridiculous contract waiting for him to be a Fox sports analyst. I think he is likely done.

Too bad he wasn't retired this past year and available to be picked up by the 49ers for the postseason. If he had come off the bench, they would have taken care of the Eagles
Yeah, I heard about that Fox contract. KNBR, sports talk radio in the Bay Area said that it would take $25-30M to bring him to SF but they thought there was a chance since he came from the Bay, SSF in Serra High School. I totally agree that the season would have continued if Brady was with the 9ers in the post season. Hate to see greats like Christian McCaffery, Fred Warner, George Kittle, Trent Williams, et al wait another year to win the Super Bowl.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Tom Brady retires-again

Post by cabanalane »

Like Michael Jordan, Brady at 75% is better than many. But that's not how they operate. Time to go, and enjoy being GOAT.

And like Jordan, should have left on-top. I can still remember Payton Manning leaving (on-top) after the Super Bowl. I don't remember Jordan's last game with the Wizards or Brady's last snap with the Bucs.