2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by talloola25 »

@HS Football Fanatic: Thanks for the heads up. I figured it out this weekend. It's always unfortunate to hear of anything like this. prayers out to the family, close friends, and anyone she made a positive impact on during her short time with us.

808WrestlingFan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:29 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by 808WrestlingFan »

Any ILH results from this weekend? Pretty much every other league is easy to find results on trackwrestling.

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by talloola25 »

808WrestlingFan wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:38 pm Any ILH results from this weekend? Pretty much every other league is easy to find results on trackwrestling.
Not a lot from me. Kaaialii(ksk) who beat Mercado last week, cut to 145 to make scratch and was inactive. Hunter (stl) didn't wrestle against KSK so we didn't get the Kusumoto rematch. Erolin(P5) wrestled and beat both the 152 and 160(Wailehua) from KSK. Mercado beat Lee(IOL). Frias(IOL) beat Below(PUN). Cobbs(stl) beat Paaluhi....

808WrestlingFan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:29 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by 808WrestlingFan »

How was the frias buelow match?

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by talloola25 »

808WrestlingFan wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:37 am How was the frias buelow match?
I didn't watch, but sounded uncompetitive. Frias is probably the only one who can challenge Lau this season.

808WrestlingFan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:29 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by 808WrestlingFan »

talloola25 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:06 am
808WrestlingFan wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:37 am How was the frias buelow match?
I didn't watch, but sounded uncompetitive. Frias is probably the only one who can challenge Lau this season.
Have Frias and Lau wrestled this season yet?

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by talloola25 »

808WrestlingFan wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:23 am
talloola25 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:06 am
808WrestlingFan wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:37 am How was the frias buelow match?
I didn't watch, but sounded uncompetitive. Frias is probably the only one who can challenge Lau this season.
Have Frias and Lau wrestled this season yet?
I don't believe so

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer
Posts: 2623
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:03 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by unpaid »

USAWrestling came out with early season rankings for the top girls wrestling squads nationwide last month just a little before Christmas.

Moanalua checked in at No.18 and Kamehameha Kapalama was No.24.

FlyingSquirrel808
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:52 am

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by FlyingSquirrel808 »

OIA JV Championships coming up this weekend. Anybody got any insight? I haven't watched TOO MUCH of the JV this season, but a couple kids that look pretty tough (sorry, I don't remember names):
106: Pearl City
120: Aiea
126: Kalani
132: Farrington

OldManJenkins
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:36 am

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by OldManJenkins »

Well looks like states going to be at BYU
Blaisdell has been giving the HHSAA trouble for so long. So sad a facility like that doesn’t want to cater to the kids of this state.

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by talloola25 »

ILH has duals on Friday and Open on Saturday. Hopefully will get some nice results. Btw Erolin has beaten Mercado now. Not sure on the match ups for oia. Will have a look and see what's on the horizon

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by talloola25 »

ILH to look forward to this weekend:
120 Lau v Frias
126 McKenzie v Sekulich
152 Erolin v Mercado
160 Hondo v Wailehua v Creech
OIA:
120 Kato(CAM) v Seson(MOA)
126 Tabayoyong(CAM) v Wang(MOA) or Seson
160 Tanaka(KAS) v Kaniho(KAH) v Durand(RAD)
170 Young(WAN) v Shileds(KLH)
182 Payton-Sherman(PC) v Baekkeland (MOA)
285 Lauifi(WAP) v Levasa(KPO)
I'm sure there are others, but that's what I can find so far

808WrestlingFan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:29 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by 808WrestlingFan »

talloola25 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:57 pm ILH to look forward to this weekend:
120 Lau v Frias
126 McKenzie v Sekulich
152 Erolin v Mercado
160 Hondo v Wailehua v Creech
OIA:
120 Kato(CAM) v Seson(MOA)
126 Tabayoyong(CAM) v Wang(MOA) or Seson
160 Tanaka(KAS) v Kaniho(KAH) v Durand(RAD)
170 Young(WAN) v Shileds(KLH)
182 Payton-Sherman(PC) v Baekkeland (MOA)
285 Lauifi(WAP) v Levasa(KPO)
I'm sure there are others, but that's what I can find so far
Is Shields back? Heard he had a significant i jury.
Did the ilh matches happen on Friday or sat?

talloola25
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:35 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by talloola25 »

808WrestlingFan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:45 pm
talloola25 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:57 pm ILH to look forward to this weekend:
120 Lau v Frias
126 McKenzie v Sekulich
152 Erolin v Mercado
160 Hondo v Wailehua v Creech
OIA:
120 Kato(CAM) v Seson(MOA)
126 Tabayoyong(CAM) v Wang(MOA) or Seson
160 Tanaka(KAS) v Kaniho(KAH) v Durand(RAD)
170 Young(WAN) v Shileds(KLH)
182 Payton-Sherman(PC) v Baekkeland (MOA)
285 Lauifi(WAP) v Levasa(KPO)
I'm sure there are others, but that's what I can find so far
Is Shields back? Heard he had a significant i jury.
Did the ilh matches happen on Friday or sat?
Not sure about Shields(hope he's doing well), but he's on the registration for this weekend. The ILH had duals on Friday and Saturday is the ILH open at St. Louis.

808WrestlingFan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:29 pm

Re: 2022-2023 Wrestling Season

Post by 808WrestlingFan »

talloola25 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:21 am
808WrestlingFan wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:45 pm
talloola25 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:57 pm ILH to look forward to this weekend:
120 Lau v Frias
126 McKenzie v Sekulich
152 Erolin v Mercado
160 Hondo v Wailehua v Creech
OIA:
120 Kato(CAM) v Seson(MOA)
126 Tabayoyong(CAM) v Wang(MOA) or Seson
160 Tanaka(KAS) v Kaniho(KAH) v Durand(RAD)
170 Young(WAN) v Shileds(KLH)
182 Payton-Sherman(PC) v Baekkeland (MOA)
285 Lauifi(WAP) v Levasa(KPO)
I'm sure there are others, but that's what I can find so far
Is Shields back? Heard he had a significant i jury.
Did the ilh matches happen on Friday or sat?
Not sure about Shields(hope he's doing well), but he's on the registration for this weekend. The ILH had duals on Friday and Saturday is the ILH open at St. Louis.
Nice! Any results or interesting matchups?

Post Reply