Cammon Cooper commits to Southeastern Louisiana

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Cammon Cooper transfer QB signs NLI

Post by RedZone »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:43 am
cabanalane wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:20 am
SundayJam wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:08 am

Coach Graham relented. He acquiesced. I am not Graham's wife. Let's stop the hate. Coach Graham is not a bad person. He helped our program. I don't know coach, but I respect him. He was good for the program.
It would be interesting to see how history will remember Todd Graham.

We can all agree that Von Appen and Chow were not good head coaches. Yes at the end of the day, we have to judge based on W vs L. How will Todd Graham be remembered? Too early to tell IMO.
Graham will not be remembered for his service to Hawaii. He did not have enough time at Hawaii. Listening to the narrative by those announcers not from Hawaii, it is clear that he was well respected. I'll give that the appointment of Graham's son to OC was a bit questionable in his second year. Still, we had some awesome wins under difficult circumstances. We qualified for bowl games both years. The signature bowl win versus Houston was memorable. We bested the Wyokes at their house in his final game. 'Cry baby' Chevan had his best game of the year at Wyoming. I put Chevan's description in quotes, because I don't know why he really departed. He may have wanted a better situation. Is Nevada a better situation? For him...maybe.

I look forward to the competition at QB this year. Welcome, Cooper. Keep fighting: Hawaii's other capable 4 quarterbacks. Schager got his nose bloodied last year, but he showed promise.
Chevan is at San Jose State.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

XLT1000
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: none
NBA: none
NFL: none

Re: Cammon Cooper transfer QB commits

Post by XLT1000 »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:49 am Transfer portal, yo.. The game is played both ways. 6'4 208.

Rolo Approved https://247sports.com/Player/Cammon-Cooper-93370/

See 3rd video.
How's this Rolo approved? :hello1:

XLT1000
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: none
NBA: none
NFL: none

Re: Cammon Cooper transfer QB signs NLI

Post by XLT1000 »

A lot of good players. I can see why they might want to come to Hawai'i and play. Lot of good quarterbacks coming. I think he should start or at least back up whoever gets the nod to play next season. At which point it could be anyone.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Cammon Cooper transfer QB commits

Post by cabanalane »

XLT1000 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:36 am
cabanalane wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:49 am Transfer portal, yo.. The game is played both ways. 6'4 208.

Rolo Approved https://247sports.com/Player/Cammon-Cooper-93370/

See 3rd video.
How's this Rolo approved? :hello1:
Rolo had good things to say about Cooper at Wash. Then again, most coaches would say good things about his players.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Cammon Cooper commits to Southeastern Louisiana

Post by Irse »

Can't blame him https://twitter.com/CammonC/status/1598435663786876928
ImageImage

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: Cammon Cooper in the portal

Post by Shoko »

Probably a good move. Although it doesn't seem like he has a lot of DI highlights that he can impress prospective schools with but that's typical of backups.
Some G5 program might be interested, if not, he ould find an FCS school that runs a system that matches his skill set.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

All season I was wondering why he wasn't uses on those 1st & goal inside the 5 when we ended up settling for FGs. Blessings to you Cooper 🤙🤙

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:27 pm All season I was wondering why he wasn't uses on those 1st & goal inside the 5 when we ended up settling for FGs. Blessings to you Cooper 🤙🤙
^ ^ ^ This! Agreed.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:00 am
BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:27 pm All season I was wondering why he wasn't uses on those 1st & goal inside the 5 when we ended up settling for FGs. Blessings to you Cooper 🤙🤙
^ ^ ^ This! Agreed.
Ditto too. Like he never had a chance to even prove himself. He got like two plays to run an QB Option. And the other play he tripped.

Good that he is doing something good for him, to get that chance for playing time. Bad because that's my beef with the transfer portal. Half of the team should be in the transfer portal because they don't get the chance to play.

But I'll trust T-Chang's assessment. They either see something else that kept him off the field, or didn't see it. Cooper didn't even get the headset, like Jake Farrell. Jake is going to be a coach somewhere after his "playing" days is over at UH.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

cabanalane wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:13 pm
My3Cats wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:00 am
^ ^ ^ This! Agreed.
Ditto too. Like he never had a chance to even prove himself. He got like two plays to run an QB Option. And the other play he tripped.

Good that he is doing something good for him, to get that chance for playing time. Bad because that's my beef with the transfer portal. Half of the team should be in the transfer portal because they don't get the chance to play.

But I'll trust T-Chang's assessment. They either see something else that kept him off the field, or didn't see it. Cooper didn't even get the headset, like Jake Farrell. Jake is going to be a coach somewhere after his "playing" days is over at UH.
Actually from what I remember, Cooper had the chance for only two plays in his one game. One was the option pitch to the running back, and the other was an option quarterback keeper that he injured his toe or foot during his cut. That would have been a touchdown because he had a huge hole to run through.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

That's true. That's life. If the Option plays worked, he may have gotten more playing time. A few more TDs or big plays, and he could have been QB#1B. But we still don't know about his arm. He was recruited by Rolo for the RNS at Wash. Rolo did say good things about him (then again, all coaches said positive things to encourage players. Or it could be anything, as the reason he fell out of favor. I'm sure T-Chang made the call with Rolo on Cooper. And Rolo must have said, "Cooper get chance to be your guy."

I just hope it was not because he did not get the invite for the BBQ.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:57 am That's true. That's life. If the Option plays worked, he may have gotten more playing time. A few more TDs or big plays, and he could have been QB#1B. But we still don't know about his arm. He was recruited by Rolo for the RNS at Wash. Rolo did say good things about him (then again, all coaches said positive things to encourage players. Or it could be anything, as the reason he fell out of favor. I'm sure T-Chang made the call with Rolo on Cooper. And Rolo must have said, "Cooper get chance to be your guy."

I just hope it was not because he did not get the invite for the BBQ.
He was already at Wash St before Rolo. Mike Leach recruited Cooper for his Air Raid. And based on reports Cooper was well on his way to be the heir apparent starter after Anthony Gordon finished in 2019. Then Leach also recruited DeLaura to run the Air Raid as well but then Leach left. Rolo came in with the RNS and had a open QB competition in which I have to assume DeLaura's before hand knowledge and experience in the RNS from high school gave him an advantage despite the other QBs physical advantages.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Thanks for clearing that up.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Committed to FCS Southeastern Louisiana University.
https://twitter.com/CammonC/status/1614087212345470978

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Cammon Cooper commits to Southeastern Louisiana

Post by cabanalane »

I hope he finds what he is looking for (playing time). Sometimes, the other guy is just better. Everybody get chance. Good luck Cam.