Jonah Laulu transfers to Oklahoma

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Jonah Laulu in the transfer portal

Post by SundayJam »

kapakahi wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:36 pm
poidog wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:28 pm
cabanalane gonna say "oh, well Laulu was no Al Noga so who needs 'em..."
That was from over 30 years ago....so the players today don't know or care.
He played his best ball under coach Graham.
In three seasons and 24 games with the Rainbow Warriors, Laulu has totaled up 70 career tackles, 19 of which coming for loss, and eight sacks.

His most productive year was his most recent in 2021 by getting 33 of those tackles and four sacks along with a fumble recovery in ten games.
https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/foo ... onah-laulu

I guess Graham improved his player development skills. Al Noga, Dana Directo, Isaaco Sapoaga...we've had more than a few monsters on D here. The transfer portal makes sense for someone this talented with little playing time. Good luck Jonah.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Actually, I'd like to thank Blessman for his awesome anchoring of the D these past few years. Aloha!

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:55 am Actually, I'd like to thank Blessman for his awesome anchoring of the D these past few years. Aloha!
Ditto. Blessman Taala deserve his own appreciation thread for doing his job year after year with no complaints, no issues, no drama, no showmanship, no craving attention to himself. He just rush every play with all his effort.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Looks like he's 2nd or 3rd team DE according to their game notes.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

So maybe, just maybe, he might get a little bit of playing time this year, perhaps? Shows how talented his new team is.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Another guy I wished had stayed. Had only 6 solo tackles, but Oklahoma's Dline was their weakest unit in their very disappointing 6-6 season. Dline will be major recruiting focus as their entire DLine looking to get upgraded.

Jonah will get pushed further down the depth chart especially with 5* DE Adepoju Adebawore committing.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:52 pm Another guy I wished had stayed. Had only 6 solo tackles, but Oklahoma's Dline was their weakest unit in their very disappointing 6-6 season. Dline will be major recruiting focus as their entire DLine looking to get upgraded.

Jonah will get pushed further down the depth chart especially with 5* DE Adepoju Adebawore committing.
It'll be interesting to see if any of these guys enter the portal again.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

The grass is always greener on the other side. Laulu made his choice but could have been a star if he stayed.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I like these threads because it helps to keep up with former players. Ditto, grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Players always talk about how stats don't matter (in team). True, if you are playing.

I don't think any player would be happy on a winning team and not playing. They would rather have playing time, and lose the game. Laulu was supposed to be the star like you said.

This is where we say, they may look and built like men. Inside they are still young kids. The "Me too. I hate the coach, and going to transfer..." does not always work for everyone. Laulu would have started. Give it all 110%. May not change the outcome of games, but he would have been "happy." Just guessing he is not.