** Fresno game thread (+27) FS1/2**

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: ** Fresno game thread (+27) FS1/2**

Post by WarriorTyme »

I expected this game to be blowout, but I didn't expect it to be a Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Frenso State brought back 60 year old Jeff Tedford Veteran Head Coach
Hawaii Hired Timmy Chang 42 year old rookie Head Coach.

Matlin really jacked this up by not hiring June Jones.

I still can't believe Chad Owens actually said it on video this 2022 team get chance to go Hawaii Bowl before the Wyoming game. He needs to temper his emotions as a parent and a friend for Timmy. This team lacks the fundamentals and Shoemaker needs to go. The Defense is not playing alignment and assignment football. I think some of the Hawaii fans put on the uniforms and are playing in the secondary. This is so awful!

I did say that that this could be another Western Kentucky blowout loss, but this is actually worse than that!

Shoko
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by Shoko »

Well, I expected a more competitive game. Warriors making Fresno look like Georgia.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Dirty lickens.

Was more like watching a blooper Reel.

Damn we junk.
Last edited by bigislandkurt on Sun Nov 06, 2022 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Cal Poly lost 7-35
UCONN won 19-14
New Mexico lost 41-9

Is Hawaii really that bad?

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

Come Monday Chang better take roll call to see who checked out, including coaches

We should have not looked this bad

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

ulua wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:03 pm Come Monday Chang better take roll call to see who checked out, including coaches

We had NFL talent at WR under JJ. We barely JUCO level. The program by all measures is a disaster.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:25 pm
ulua wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:03 pm Come Monday Chang better take roll call to see who checked out, including coaches

We had NFL talent at WR under JJ. We barely JUCO level. The program by all measures is a disaster.
Which receiver are you talking about...Ashlie Lelie? One receiver? Come on, man... Ironically, JJ's teams produced far more defensive prospects for the NFL. That was a result of the coaching buddies he brought into the fold over the years. June doesn't run in the same circles any more. His time has past.

I was wrong about the effects of the portal. We lost both captains on offense and defense this year. Both Cordeiro and Muasau are making a huge difference for the opposition. Muasau especially so.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

Fresno was smart bringing back the 60-year-old veteran head coach ex-Fresno QB Jeff Tedford and it showed last night. Tedford outcoached Timmy and his coaching staff and had mercy by putting in his 3-4 stringers in the 4th quarter. Unlike Hawaii administration (Matlin and the crew), Fresno used their brains to let bye-gones be bye-gones, after Tedford left Fresno for other opportunities. Even San Diego State brought back the old man Brady Hoke after he left them for Michigan. And this was first year back for both Tedford and Hoke and they players leaving for the transfer portal in bunches just like everyone in the MWC. Hawaii lost to both of them, I remember Brady Hoke had a former Safety converted to QB in just one week and ran 10 personnel to beat Hawaii at their own game.

Shoemaker and WR's coach Ursua need to be let go at the end of the season, bring in Brian Smith as OC and one of the former Hawaii WR's as the WR coach:

Ashley Leile has a short coaching resume and I don't know if he would even be interested in the WR coach job, and I don't know if there is any reason why if vetted, he couldn't be hired as a State employee. But I bet he could get these WR's footwork technique in gear and teach these young men how to catch the ball with swag. The young men need someone that has played in the RnS at a high level and Timmy needs a coach that he knows can teach the fundamentals of the RnS and played in the NFL as a 1 round draft pick at WR.

In 2014 Lelie was hired by the Alabama A&M Bulldogs football team to be their wide receivers coach. During the 2013 football season Lelie served as the offensive quality control coach for the Nevada Wolf Pack football team under new head coach Brian Polian. Lelie joined former Hawaii teammate and offensive coordinator Nick Rolovich.

Stutzman would also be a good choice for either OC or WR coach, but I don't he would take the job.

The one thing that is missing besides the shovel pass, is a big back like Farmer, Nasty Nate, Joey Iosefa, Lakalaka, Frut Train. That would be sick to have Thunder and Lightning (Tylan Hines) combo in the back field.

truewarriorfan
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by truewarriorfan »

No worry beef curry.

We have a pipeline to Bishop Gorman

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Jake Haener picked apart our defense all night.

Not putting pressure on a QB like Colt or Cole would have gotten the same results.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

truewarriorfan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:12 am No worry beef curry.

😂🤣😂🤣
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

ton15t4k
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by ton15t4k »

truewarriorfan wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:12 am No worry beef curry.

Hawaii currently only has 2 commits from non Bishop Gorman schools sadly. The 2023 recruiting class does not look so good.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I miss Todd Graham.

Link

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Owee wowee. Warrior heads got handed to them on pupu platters. What happened to the incremental improvements?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.