New Aloha Stadium & TC Ching Expansion

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: New Stadium

Post by SundayJam »

I sense a bit of sock puppet play on this thread. You guys sound an awful lot alike.

Hawaii built a stadium that was designed to rust. It was also designed to support MLB...with a population of only 1 million. It didn't last...big surprise? It builds 10 lane highways over short expanses...just because...and yet can't add some kind of train. Is your beef really with Ige?

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:34 am I sense a bit of sock puppet play on this thread. You guys sound an awful lot alike.

Hawaii built a stadium that was designed to rust. It was also designed to support MLB...with a population of only 1 million. It didn't last...big surprise? It builds 10 lane highways over short expanses...just because...and yet can't add some kind of train. Is your beef really with Ige?
There is a constant theme throughout the forums, here and in the other one, that Ige is an idiot. These sentiments are from people that live here not people that are from the Hawaii of the past. Hawaii is a great place with great accomplishments and good leaders along with its share of failures and losers. We get both. That is why we discuss things.

The discussion is centered on Ige because he is the one that has been making recent decisions regarding the stadium. He also made statements to the media and told the public he would come in three weeks with further information. He never returned. That is why the discussion still relates to the idiot Ige. Soon he will be gone like Norm Chow is gone. And we will talk about Ige as the forgettable Ige period of our past.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

UnBiasFan wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:38 am
My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:37 amWhere's Ige?
The good thing is that the next Governor is weeks away. And the new guy will tell us the direction we are going within 5 minutes compared to Ige who will spend a half hour saying absolutely nothing and then tell us certainly he understands us and loves us and will get back to us.
I don't live in Hawaii anymore, so I have nothing to add in terms of local politics. Just for the sake of conversation, are you that confident the "new guy" will set a direction in 5 minutes? Meaning that quickly?

I do know one person running back when we were in our 20s. People do change, and we all later grew up I'm sure. But still. I think we are lucky to see any politician make a decision in 5 weeks.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Hearing from reliable State government insiders that Governor Ige is “playing politics” with any CIP project appropriations specifically initiated and/or sponsored by Senator Donovan Dela Cruz. Hearing that Governor Ige’s personal resentment of Dela Cruz stems from a perceived lack of respect (probably because of their obvious difference in style) from Dela Cruz (who often utilizes the local news media to reflect his opinions). In addition to the new stadium project, Governor Ige is also currently stalling a couple other significant CIP construction projects in the Wahiawa area also specifically initiated/sponsored by Senator Dela Cruz.

Whereas Governor Ige might have approved release of the associated CIP appropriation funding (at least for some of these CIP projects), Ige still has NOT approved the associated EIS for all of these projects (including the new stadium project) which is legally required by the HRS (Hawaii Revised Statutes) in order to proceed with construction procurement as well as to initiate City acceptance of required construction permit applications (in order to initially clear the pre-requisite Land Use & Zoning approvals; given DPP’s other ongoing issues).

Wouldn’t be surprised if Ige eventually approves the EIS for these projects in his 11th Hour of his term (in November or December) so that no one can claim that he didn’t approve them….while still accomplishing his apparent intention of stalling (and potentially sabotaging) these projects just to upset Dela Cruz and his constituents….thereby also effectively punting the “clean-up” effort to the next Governor and his administration to deal with.

Never a good thing when an outgoing Governor with a bruised ego prioritizes his personal pride over the interests of the public.

Link
Last edited by kapakahi on Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Mahalo for that insider info kapakahi. Just as many of us suspected. Ige had 8 years to get things done for the people of Hawaii. All we got was 38 minutes of silence after the air raid warning.
Last edited by My3Cats on Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:34 am I sense a bit of sock puppet play on this thread. You guys sound an awful lot alike.

He did not get along with a lot of his former Senate colleagues while he was in the Senate and that became apparent shortly after he first took office. Shan Tsutsui was one example of Ige's political gamesmanship. Josh Green is a current example. Another was when a lot of his Democratic legislative colleagues supported his gubernatorial opponent in the last election. 8 years of Ige with few real accomplishments. See kapakahi's embedded video about the current Aloha Stadium situation. It only mentions his rivalry with Senator Dela Cruz, but there are many others.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

cabanalane wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:30 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:38 am
My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:37 amWhere's Ige?
The good thing is that the next Governor is weeks away. And the new guy will tell us the direction we are going within 5 minutes compared to Ige who will spend a half hour saying absolutely nothing and then tell us certainly he understands us and loves us and will get back to us.
I don't live in Hawaii anymore, so I have nothing to add in terms of local politics. Just for the sake of conversation, are you that confident the "new guy" will set a direction in 5 minutes? Meaning that quickly?

I do know one person running back when we were in our 20s. People do change, and we all later grew up I'm sure. But still. I think we are lucky to see any politician make a decision in 5 weeks.
Stadium is a big issue with many constituents. I expect Josh Green to know the full scope of the issues already. If I was a couple months from being Governor, I would have already got to the bottom of things and figured out where I was going. I could assign this to a group of high school students and get a better result than Ige. When it comes down to it, you make your assessment of what can be done and you set your direction without a lot of panels and committees. Then you are transparent with the public. That is called leadership.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Welp today Ige and the Stadium Authority are supposedly meeting. Maybe some new news. We'll see.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

kapakahi wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:53 pm At least through next Summer, UH Facilities will need to focus their efforts on finishing up the expansion of the Ching Field Complex.
https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1583219326227652608

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by kapakahi »

Selfish insecure politicians (including DBEDT Director Mike McCartney who is a former State Senator) with over-inflated egos.... :roll:

https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/10/ ... velopment/
https://www.khon2.com/local-news/power- ... ides-role/
https://www.staradvertiser.com/2022/10/ ... ium-issue/ https://twitter.com/StarAdvertiser/status/1581736790838644736 https://twitter.com/Joshontheradio/status/1583176118013943808 https://twitter.com/TheTomGeorge/status/1583297890608611332 https://twitter.com/KHONnews/status/1583351769882501120 https://twitter.com/TheTomGeorge/status/1583706913715679232

Link
Last edited by kapakahi on Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Post by anykine »

:mopedsmile:

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by anykine »

does anybody know if david ige is showing up for work? new secret plan is taking very very long.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

anykine wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:17 pm does anybody know if david ige is showing up for work? new secret plan is taking very very long.
There is nothing they can do. The guy is an idiot.

Election will be here soon enough. So glad this chapter is over.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by anykine »

UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:37 pm
anykine wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:17 pm does anybody know if david ige is showing up for work? new secret plan is taking very very long.

he is the governor.who is telling him he can’t make a decision?

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

anykine wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:51 pm
UnBiasFan wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:37 pm

he is the governor.who is telling him he can’t make a decision?
Not everyone is cut out for certain jobs. This guy is a buffoon. I too was tricked at the beginning that he seemed nice and was an engineer so must be smart. But we learned that smart at solving calculus problems has no relation to governing or leading. The guy is a full blown idiot when it comes to governing. There is no doubt in my mind.