*** Official Chevan Cordeiro Thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Watching Chevan play against Auburn made some things very clear

Post by poidog »

EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:08 am Yeah it’s fresh cause people keep posting about him. Saw more post about the San Jose-Auburn game in the Hawaii-Michigan game thread than the actual Hawaii game. Let’s move on Hawaii fans.
I'm gonna post about him forever because of the dimwits here who called him overrated and who are butt hurt that he left. you know who you are.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

SundayJam wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:05 pm
Palolo_2LA wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:02 am
275 yes passing , 23 rush = 300 total offense against Auburn.

13 or 18 would have negative rushing yds. Come on, man!
Mercer Bears qb vs Auburn: Fred Payton 21/36 197yds 2td 1 sack

Chevan Cordeiro 24/40 275yds 0td 3 sacks

Take away the 40yd pass and the yardage is similar. However an FCS team scored two passing TD's against Auburn. Coincidentally, Auburn threw 2 picks in each game. I like Chevan, but he has a lot of issues. Even at Hawaii he had his off games. He has only scored one td this year, placing him 105th, and his qbr ranking is 97th. His yardage: 44th.

Yeah, he's amazing... Come on, man!
you're gonna compare stats from a lopsided game vs Mercer with a one-score game that was competitive all the way through? c'mon, man, you're usually better than that. that's what you do when you didn't watch any of the game. announcers were gushing about cordeiro's skill.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

poidog wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:11 am
EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:08 am Yeah it’s fresh cause people keep posting about him. Saw more post about the San Jose-Auburn game in the Hawaii-Michigan game thread than the actual Hawaii game. Let’s move on Hawaii fans.
I'm gonna post about him forever because of the dimwits here who called him overrated and who are butt hurt that he left. you know who you are.
I don’t think they are “butt hurt” that he left. Speaking for myself I do think he was a little overrated, more overhyped if anything. I love the guy, he’s a fellow Kalaepohaku alum but some were making him to be Tua and Marcus off of nothing really. Can blame bad OC and play calling till the cows come home but if you that good you gotta deliver regardless of the surrounding situation.

You can post about him however much you want, but like I said it’s not healthy to keep comparing the QBs who are here to Chevan.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

nvm

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:52 pm
I don’t think they are “butt hurt” that he left. Speaking for myself I do think he was a little overrated, more overhyped if anything. I love the guy, he’s a fellow Kalaepohaku alum but some were making him to be Tua and Marcus off of nothing really. Can blame bad OC and play calling till the cows come home but if you that good you gotta deliver regardless of the surrounding situation.

You can post about him however much you want, but like I said it’s not healthy to keep comparing the QBs who are here to Chevan.
The "They" you refer to includes you, if you haven't realized it yet. Poidog's reference to the dimwits who called him overrated is confirmed in your post.

I think you may be exaggerating somewhat that "some were making him to be Tua or Marcus". Tua and Marcus both chose not to stay home and represent the State of Hawaii. They chose to leave for bigger opportunities.

Those that still support Chevan realize and appreciate the decision he made to stay home and represent the State of Hawaii. His decision to leave the program was a personal decision he made to preserve his own mental health, but it also resulted in a personal sacrifice to leave his home. His decision, along with many of the other starters leaving the program, resulted in positive change for a program that was destined to implode if left to the behavior of the former HC and the manner in which he treated his players.

It looks like his sacrifice to leave goes beyond your ability to comprehend that he made his decision to leave, not just for his own sanity but to instigate UH decision-makers to consider implementing a change for the better in the UH Football coaching staff.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

wailukuwarriorfan wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:59 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:52 pm

The "They" you refer to includes you, if you haven't realized it yet. Poidog's reference to the dimwits who called him overrated is confirmed in your post.

I think you may be exaggerating somewhat that "some were making him to be Tua or Marcus". Tua and Marcus both chose not to stay home and represent the State of Hawaii. They chose to leave for bigger opportunities.

Those that still support Chevan realize and appreciate the decision he made to stay home and represent the State of Hawaii. His decision to leave the program was a personal decision he made to preserve his own mental health, but it also resulted in a personal sacrifice to leave his home. His decision, along with many of the other starters leaving the program, resulted in positive change for a program that was destined to implode if left to the behavior of the former HC and the manner in which he treated his players.

It looks like his sacrifice to leave goes beyond your ability to comprehend that he made his decision to leave, not just for his own sanity but to instigate UH decision-makers to consider implementing a change for the better in the UH Football coaching staff.
You taking this a little personal my guy.

For the sake of letting you keep your thoughts about him..... lets say positive. I won't share my info of the situation. You can believe what they put out there to social media, but there was always another side that no one wanted to hear.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Watching CC, I always thought he could never throw that spiral in his last year with UH; maybe because he had the run in his repertoire. That probably developed after his first year or second year when he had a tendency to fumble when rushed. Now the run is probably the strongest part of his game.

I wouldn't compare CC as an ex who ran off but more like an ex-wife who took the kids, the house, left you with the mortgage and child support. This, considering he was a captain and was the first to leave that led to a mass exodus. I understand that he shed some tears after the UNLV game in an interview I never saw, but this is a moment that defines an athlete if he came back to finish out with UH coming back from adversity, I would have more respect for him if he came back and played it out with UH. As it is, he's still a Hawaii boy on the mainland and I hope good things for him at SJSU.

Considering all of this, I welcome reading what's going on with his playing although he's not really on my own watch list.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Btw, Auburn finally played a real team last week. Penn State buried them 41 -12. The Auburn QB threw picks again and fumbled a lot. It was a complete domination by the Nittany Lions.

Chevan got the start because Cole left early. Cole thought he could make it in the NFL. He didn't. Why did Chevan leave? Because he didn't like being yelled at? He didn't like his friends being yelled at? Whatevahs. He had some good games here, and some not so good games. I'm sure he'll do the same at SJSU.

Oh, and Fresno St. looked really good against USC last week as well. USC isn't a joke.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:31 am Btw, Auburn finally played a real team last week. Penn State buried them 41 -12. The Auburn QB threw picks again and fumbled a lot. It was a complete domination by the Nittany Lions.

Chevan got the start because Cole left early. Cole thought he could make it in the NFL. He didn't. Why did Chevan leave? Because he didn't like being yelled at? He didn't like his friends being yelled at? Whatevahs. He had some good games here, and some not so good games. I'm sure he'll do the same at SJSU.

Oh, and Fresno St. looked really good against USC last week as well. USC isn't a joke.
Cordeiro gonna get his second MWC offensive player of the week in a row after scoring 4 TDs today.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** Official Chevan Cordeiro Thread ***

Post by poidog »

100 yds rushing, 2TDs, 2 TDs passing today. You all on the wrong side of history.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

poidog wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:12 pm
SundayJam wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:31 am Btw, Auburn finally played a real team last week. Penn State buried them 41 -12. The Auburn QB threw picks again and fumbled a lot. It was a complete domination by the Nittany Lions.

Cordeiro gonna get his second MWC offensive player of the week in a row after scoring 4 TDs today.

100 yds rushing, 2TDs, 2 TDs passing today. You all on the wrong side of history.
Things would have been much better had he stayed at Hawaii. The team captain skips out on the aina, his final season...for what? To do the same thing he would've done here? To escape the bad feelings from coach? I don't get it. BTW, Muasau is having a monster season at UCLA. He was instrumental in the defeat of #11 Utah today. He had an interception in the red zone and a forced fumble that resulted in a score. Muasau traded up and is making a HUGE difference. Cordeiro is doing the same thing he did here for a nemesis. What a dick.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: *** Official Chevan Cordeiro Thread ***

Post by cabanalane »

The fact that Hawaii players are doing better on the mainland will counter the idea of local boys staying home. When you can play for a "better" team, you also shine better.

I bet they see TG era as a "blessing" now. If nothing else, they are playing in a big boy stadium.