I got BANNED from WSN OHANA Forum.....

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

I got BANNED from WSN OHANA Forum.....

Post by bigislandkurt »

I know that a lot of you post on both the Sportshawaii forum as well as the Scout.com WSN board. All of our names are pretty visible on both sites.

First I got scolded and issued a formal Warning for using the following term: SH*T. This warning was issued to me by the moderator, Hawaii Browns backer. Now I understand that the browns suck and my Vikings laid a wallop on their sorry Azzes. But I don't think that has been a reason for this action toward me. Anyway, I was a bit bothered that I was issued this formal warning and let Mr. Moderator/God/Browns backer that I thought the warning was a bit chicken sh*t considering the stuff that gets debated on that WSN site. Without even as much of a dialogue or discussion, I get BANNED until 10/29. Hence my chicken sh*t allegation to that moderator. Bradduh no could even talk story on this. JUST BAN "EM!!! C'mon Browns, please win a game. Your fans are suffering and becoming quite the on-line bullies. :lol: :lol:

I'mma tell you this. They just lost a faithful fan who has posted there for years. I will NEVER post or visit that site again. Bye Bye.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: I got BANNED from WSN OHANA Forum.....

Post by couz808 »

Actually its also one of the rules here in terms of profanity and covering up words with symbols however unless it was towards someone, I think banning u from the site was pretty harsh and strict. I know sportshawaii is pretty lenient cuz I see some cuss words here too even with the rules. We all are not perfect and sometimes we might slip out a few words here and there.

Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: Atlanta Braves
NBA: Atlanta Hawks
NFL: San Diego Chargers

Post by Scott »

Isn't that kind of mild compared to the kind of discussions and colorful words used over there?
"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

Mahalo,
Scott
http://www.sportshawaii.com
"Hawaii's Fan Based Sports Page"

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

ive gotten a warning for circumventing (?) the language filter by HIBrownsBacker as well. strange, i dont see a problem with that but i guess its in the rules and i need to adhere.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by bigislandkurt »

Ok, I broke my own promise. I went back to the WSN ohana board. Dayum! Just can't get enough UH warrior news. So as I'm reading through a thread about the Coach Mack show, I see a thread there where almost the entire thread is about Liz Chun and some poster's propositions for Liz. Colorful Language? Go check it out. And Here I am banned for "circumventing" the language barrier. Yes, rules are rules, but you got people talking about Liz's body parts and I'm banned for using the following: Sh*t. I was told the rules are enforced because it is a "family friendly forum." Funny yeh? I still hold by my promise that I will not post there anymore. But I still gotta visit and read sometimes. Good fun some of those posters. And I gotta admit that Op1966 is one of my all-time favorites.

BIK

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

bigislandkurt wrote:Ok, I broke my own promise. I went back to the WSN ohana board. Dayum! Just can't get enough UH warrior news. So as I'm reading through a thread about the Coach Mack show, I see a thread there where almost the entire thread is about Liz Chun and some poster's propositions for Liz. Colorful Language? Go check it out. And Here I am banned for "circumventing" the language barrier. Yes, rules are rules, but you got people talking about Liz's body parts and I'm banned for using the following: Sh*t. I was told the rules are enforced because it is a "family friendly forum." Funny yeh? I still hold by my promise that I will not post there anymore. But I still gotta visit and read sometimes. Good fun some of those posters. And I gotta admit that Op1966 is one of my all-time favorites.

BIK
What thread is it in?

2ScoopRice
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by 2ScoopRice »

Since when did that site become the "family friendly" site. ;/ I agree though, Op1966 is a great fan I did like reading what he posted. Maybe I could become a subscriber for his posts only. :lol:
Some folks are wise and some folks are otherwise. ~ Old English Proverb

A teacher affects eternity. He can never tell where his influence stops. ~ Henry Adams

Lucky you live Hawaii !!!

amela
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by amela »

WHO CARES

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

amela wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:32 pmWHO CARES
So why bring up a 13 year old topic?
ImageImage

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

I’ve been running my mouth a lot here. But careful to not engage directly in a negative way with other members. There is a fine line between being controversial and a total a-hole that gets banned. Also, the first rule is to never engage the mods. They are free to do whatever they want. They run the site.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by bigislandkurt »

Wow! I guess Amela just needed to bring this 13 year old post back to relevancy! haaaaa.

So to update everyone. I still miss the OP1966, the original prophet. And I still have not went back to that board. Don't even read it anymore.

I agree, it is best not to engage the moderators, they have the power. Even if some (like that browns fan moderator on WSN) are/was/were extremely petty, easily offended, and quick to assert their POWER. lol. Just gotta laugh at these all powerful keyboard kings.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

bigislandkurt wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:29 pm Wow! I guess Amela just needed to bring this 13 year old post back to relevancy! haaaaa.

So to update everyone. I still miss the OP1966, the original prophet. And I still have not went back to that board. Don't even read it anymore.

I agree, it is best not to engage the moderators, they have the power. Even if some (like that browns fan moderator on WSN) are/was/were extremely petty, easily offended, and quick to assert their POWER. lol. Just gotta laugh at these all powerful keyboard kings.
I was once in a forum were they let people discuss politics in a subforum. It was moderated and the moderators engaged in the political discussion. It was hilarious that a moderator who had blatant political leanings thought he was being neutral by deleting conversations that he thought crossed the line. The guy came up with his own rules as to what is proper discussion. He decided who had the proper analysis because he believed he was educated more than others. In fact, he thought he was a scholar. I think he went by the screen name Socrates or Plato or something like that. Didn’t take long for me to get banned because I couldn’t help myself calling the guy out for being absurd. I really could careless about the politics. I just enjoyed calling out the idiot moderator. I knew the ban was coming. I have been banned many places under different screen names. LOL. Doesn’t mean I do the sock puppet thing. Too much trouble. I just move on.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Das okay...I got banned for 6 months on this site without a warning. I admit, I was wrong in my action, but I never got a warning. Also, what does it matter if you can't post on some forum for a short period of time? The only other sports forum I participated on was La Tech's Bull Dog Barks and Bytes. They were a fun, competitive forum. I received a few warnings there, but never got banned. I have no reason to post there anymore.

SportsHawaii has some pretty awesome contributors, so it's worth putting up with a misguided cyber-faux pas. (Mine or yours...who cares.) Aloha, and keep contributing.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by bigislandkurt »

Agreed. Sports Hawaii contributors are pretty awesome. I really appreciate (most) of you guys. haaaaaaa.

Go Bows.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I never viewed WSN Ohana but it's strange to call it Ohana which is suppose to be family and then ban someone from the family. Hawaii has always been an inclusive society not an exclusive one. [-X :D