Keep Governor Ige away from Hawaii football

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Keep Governor Ige away from Hawaii football

Post by UnBiasFan »

Bradah had 8 years to put this on track. We have witnessed Aloha stadium condemned under his watch with no replacement. There is no getting away from these facts. That dude showed zero leadership skills. Our program is suffering. No legacy points awarded. Lose money.

He should go away and admit he failed and he is going to leave it to the next Governor — either one will be a thousand times better. This dude deserves no credit for anything having to do with our program.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Keep Governor Ige away from Hawaii football

Post by My3Cats »

Iggy is known for his foot dragging. Quite notorious. We shall see what he says in three weeks for his next announcement.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

UnBiasFan wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:23 am
Bradah had 8 years to put this on track
. We have witnessed Aloha stadium condemned under his watch with no replacement. There is no getting away from these facts. That dude showed zero leadership skills. Our program is suffering. No legacy points awarded. Lose money.

He should go away and admit he failed and he is going to leave it to the next Governor — either one will be a thousand times better. This dude deserves no credit for anything having to do with our program.
That’s because he still searching for his twitter account password

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

I'm no Ige apologist, but i think there are some factors and resources available now that were not available in previous years. Because of that, I cannot fully buy into the "he had 8 years" thing. He is a lame duck governor whose term is coming to an end very soon. Whether it is pardons, laws, or UH stadium, Ige will be making moves before all is done.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

bigislandkurt wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:10 pm I'm no Ige apologist, but i think there are some factors and resources available now that were not available in previous years. Because of that, I cannot fully buy into the "he had 8 years" thing. He is a lame duck governor whose term is coming to an end very soon. Whether it is pardons, laws, or UH stadium, Ige will be making moves before all is done.
Leadership means you are transparent with the public. At a minimum he should provide an outline of where he is going in plain words.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

As for the final act of a lame duck governor. Interesting things can happen during the final months of he being in office.

And if one of those things is about shovels in the ground to get the stadium started, I'm all for it. Im' not going to fault Ige for doing this. All other frustrations with the governor must be kept in its proper perspective. As a UH fan, I'm good with what I am seeing.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

bigislandkurt wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:28 pm As for the final act of a lame duck governor. Interesting things can happen during the final months of he being in office.

And if one of those things is about shovels in the ground to get the stadium started, I'm all for it. Im' not going to fault Ige for doing this. All other frustrations with the governor must be kept in its proper perspective. As a UH fan, I'm good with what I am seeing.
I agree with that. I just don’t believe there will be any urgency or physicality to any of this. This will be just talk and paper promises, I will only give credit to this administration if the structure comes down under his watch. Ain’t going to happen under Ige. That’s not how they roll. He loves calling attention to himself. Never delivers. That humility is fake. His sincerity persona amounts to zero results.

I hope for once I was wrong about all of this. I really do hope my analysis is wrong.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

UnBiasFan wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:36 am
bigislandkurt wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:10 pm I'm no Ige apologist, but i think there are some factors and resources available now that were not available in previous years. Because of that, I cannot fully buy into the "he had 8 years" thing. He is a lame duck governor whose term is coming to an end very soon. Whether it is pardons, laws, or UH stadium, Ige will be making moves before all is done.
Leadership means you are transparent with the public. At a minimum he should provide an outline of where he is going in plain words.
the change in plans (via internal email) was leaked before they had time to craft an official statement.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

poidog wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:03 pm
UnBiasFan wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:36 am
the change in plans (via internal email) was leaked before they had time to craft an official statement.
As soon as they decided in the back room that they were going to change directions, they should have announced it. I am glad they acknowledged (without saying it) that their original plan belongs in the trash.

Maybe, I am the odd one out here. But I have never seen examples of this kind of disjointed project planning. Who has been in charge in our state? Why didn’t he set the agenda for completion of a new stadium during his term?

If Ige can get the ball rolling for Josh, that is great. But let’s remember Ige’s accomplishment is throwing all the project planning done under his watch in the trash just before he leaves office. Perhaps, he can be thanked for that. My problem is with how we even managed to get here. And Ige gets no credit for the do over. Now he is telling us to keep it simple? The new project belongs to the new Governor. The clock has run out on Ige. Times up.