*** official 2022 UH@Michigan Game thread ***

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: *** official 2022 UH@Michigan Game thread ***

Post by RedZone »

ulua wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:42 pm
poidog wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:20 pm we were overmatched, but we played way cleaner than the last two weeks. progress.
+1

To only have 1 penalty all game in this environment is unbelievable for a team that had a lot of penalties in the first 2 home games

Also for our line to give up only 1 sack all game to the first team Michigan D is awesome
I actually liked how the team played in this game. We are getting better. The next game should be a good measure of how far we have come. Keep battling Warriors.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:57 am
WarriorTyme wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:48 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:23 am

The rain delay probably helped. Also, our guys were playing hard even though they were not going to make up any ground. I think Harbaugh just felt it was time for the rest of his team to come off the bench and get some game time experience.
I agree, but for those other Hawaii Fans that look for the silver lining in this game... there was no moral victories from this game. Hawaii played Michigan 2nd and 3rd string and a ton of freshman... Jim Harbaugh did not let his boys loose on Hawaii like he did to Colorado State. The entire nation knew Hawaii was no match for Michigan. I would not take any stock in anything about that game, it was Harbaugh classy move that kept this game from being a turnover and penalty fest. Imagine if he just kept his starters in all game or until the 4th quarter? Hawaii team would be frustrated, and we would be having a different conversation.
Imagine if he kept his starters in for 4 quarters and one of the linemen on either side of the ball suffers an ankle sprain when the score is like 42-0. How is that helping his team? He took his starters out because that was best for his team. Had nothing to do with being nice or classy. The guy is a jerk.
The last time Hawaii played Michigan in 2016 Rolo got stomped by 63-3, Jim Harbaugh left his starters in because they want the goose egg and they were pissed Hawaii kicked the FG and ruined the 0. If that version of Jim Harbaugh was coaching yesterday this game would have been 80-0 or even more. The 2016 version of Jim Harbaugh was a jerk and fast forward to 2022 and it's a different Harbaugh.

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

RedZone wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 1:02 pm
ulua wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:42 pm
poidog wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:20 pm we were overmatched, but we played way cleaner than the last two weeks. progress.
+1

To only have 1 penalty all game in this environment is unbelievable for a team that had a lot of penalties in the first 2 home games

Also for our line to give up only 1 sack all game to the first team Michigan D is awesome
I actually liked how the team played in this game. We are getting better. The next game should be a good measure of how far we have come. Keep battling Warriors.
I'm not saying Hawaii playing okay against Michigan 2nd or 3rd stringers or freshman is not a positive! But it's not a moral victory! That type of attitude will achieve team complicacy thinking at least we did okay. Thats how Hawaii will lose to easy competition like Duquesne and New Mexico State... Less lick your wounds pat on the back and here is your participation trophy. More let's take this and learn from it and dig in and practice harder and execute Hawaii Football.

Hawaii is a disappointing 0-3 and got past Michigan mostly intact. Now this is homecoming week and this Hawaii roster has the talent. If they play with heart and conviction Duquesne should be an easy 30 point victory... without question!

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

The team is going to get better. Timmy is a good man. Seriously, we are going to see really good football this year. Even if we only win two or three games, if they play hard and with pride that will work for me.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I guess I'm still hopelessly optimistic. There were a lot of positives to applaud the Warriors for at this point in the season. The defense earned some respect. They got two sacks and an int. I'm gonna keep watching Bessman, Pahvihi, and (now) Edwards. Blessman looked particularly good. The team finally displayed some discipline. There was only one penalty...and no turnovers. Our running game looked amazing against a national championship contender. Sure, they blew out some fantastic, big yard, plays, but this was Michigan playing at Big Blue.

Let the real season begin. I hope Yellen remains the starting quarterback.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

Onward to next weeks game against D. A few seasons back when it was announced that D was scheduled I thought blah here's a no name school, a guppy, a steamrolled win for UH. And I wasn't enthused that UH was playing a cupcake. It sad how things have changed. Now I'm looking forward to this game. I hope we win.

Here's a link to a replay of the Michigan game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZsUrQlvNBo

WarriorTyme
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by WarriorTyme »

sarvicdar wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 8:41 pm Onward to next weeks game against D. A few seasons back when it was announced that D was scheduled I thought blah here's a no name school, a guppy, a steamrolled win for UH. And I wasn't enthused that UH was playing a cupcake. It sad how things have changed. Now I'm looking forward to this game. I hope we win.

Here's a link to a replay of the Michigan game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZsUrQlvNBo
I think all of us agree that we want the Hawaii Warrior young men to get that W this weekend, I bet these young men are tired of embarrassing loses. It's time to get to work, because Duquesne is probably thinking they have a chance to steal one against Hawaii. It's time for an attitude change with an Manoa home turf defense and send a message with a dominating win.