bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

hyperbole and Coachspeak

Post by bigislandkurt »

I'm guessing there will be a lot this season. With a new, young first-time head coach, there will be more things said.

After last game, Coach Chang said, "Our defense played Lights out up until the 4th quarter."

Lights out?

Improved from the week prior perhaps. But lights out?
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

Txbow
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Re: hyperbole and Coachspeak

Post by Txbow »

bigislandkurt wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:00 am I'm guessing there will be a lot this season. With a new, young first-time head coach, there will be more things said.

After last game, Coach Chang said, "Our defense played Lights out up until the 4th quarter."

Lights out?

Improved from the week prior perhaps. But lights out?
Sounds like Chang drinking his own kool-aid.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

True, and some of that certainly comes with the job.

I hope either JJ, Norvell, or other head coach mentors TC may know can help him in this area. If anything, TC should know that he is back home in da 808. We see through empty words really fast. Being an effective communicator during press conferences is an art form he will need to work on.....amongst other things, for sure. I still believe in Timmy and will support him win or lose.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

they held WKU to 1-7 on 3rd down and were repeatedly put in bad spots by the offense. the defense played alright for as long as they could. "lights out" is a mild exaggeration but hardly threadworthy.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

poidog wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:46 am they held WKU to 1-7 on 3rd down and were repeatedly put in bad spots by the offense. the defense played alright for as long as they could. "lights out" is a mild exaggeration but hardly threadworthy.
The D wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. 6 turnovers and WKU had a short field most of the time.
ImageImage