13 or 14 first time starters

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

13 or 14 first time starters

Post by Irse »

8 on defense. I hope we don't have too many breakdowns. That Vandy QB can hurt us with his wheels. Hope he can't pass well. A little anxious about this game.
ImageImage

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 13 or 14 first time starters

Post by My3Cats »

The lack of returning starting experience and lack of quality depth is becoming more and more apparent with each passing week. I just hope that no one gets seriously hurt at the Big House.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

My3Cats wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:39 pm The lack of returning starting experience and lack of quality depth is becoming more and more apparent with each passing week. I just hope that no one gets seriously hurt at the Big House.
So true.
On the bright side, if we don’t lose too many players to the portal next year we will be a young experienced team next year, which hopefully will lead to a slow upward trend in improvement and more wins.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

ulua wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:02 pm
My3Cats wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:39 pm The lack of returning starting experience and lack of quality depth is becoming more and more apparent with each passing week. I just hope that no one gets seriously hurt at the Big House.
So true.
On the bright side, if we don’t lose too many players to the portal next year we will be a young experienced team next year, which hopefully will lead to a slow upward trend in improvement and more wins.
On the downside, we lose our entire starting OL on offense and our entire interior of the starting front 6 (top 2 DTs & top 2 LBs) on defense for next season.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

kapakahi wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:15 pm
ulua wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:02 pm
So true.
On the downside, we lose our entire starting OL on offense and our entire interior of the starting front 6 (top 2 DTs & top 2 LBs) on defense for next season.
Tanuvasa still has another year if he wants. If Vaipulu doesn't play more than 4 games, he can redshirt if he wants. But we will be very thin in those areas. Will have to hit the transfer portal hard again but I would rather we go the JC route and try to get mid year trnasfers.
ImageImage