Are you going to The game?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
kalii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: Are you going to The game?

Post by kalii »

I am jealous of all you guys going to the game, my home is just over 1 mile from the lower campus but I am thousands of miles and 13 time zones away. No season tickets this year; think the game starts at 0530 here, I will be tracking it!

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

FatJeff wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:11 pm Had my tickets in my iPhone wallet since last week. Got my parking pass on Friday. Ready for the game. If you haven't been to Ching Field, be ready for a more traditional College Football Saturday night than we usually had. It's different, but good.
Hey FatJeff, it's been awhile. I'm glad you're all set to go. I totally agree, Ching Field is much more a college game atmosphere.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

AZWARRIOR22 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:16 pm
poidog wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:38 am
AZWARRIOR22 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:19 am I'm excited and going to the game. I'm in Hawaii visiting my parents, so I made it a point to get tickets the season opener before I head back to the mainland. Three of us alumni will be attending the game, including my college roomy.
that's great to hear! glad people are coming out to support this team.
Poidog,

I'm pumped. I haven't been to a UH home game, since, well..., we had student season tickets my last 2 years in college :-( It was very cost prohibitive while my kids were young to go to Hawaii with a family of 4, plus my parents were retired military so they could fly for free to see their grandkids. However, I've been to a few road games, UNLV and UofA, over the years. I can't wait ! I think Da #BRADDAHOOD will be the X-factor. Go Warriors ! Ground those Commodores in the shallows.
You're really going to enjoy the Ching Field experience.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

poidog wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:37 am
Palolo_2LA wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:54 pm
poidog wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:49 pm

They are selling 4-packs of tickets to Wyoming for $130 on etickethawaii if you need that many tickets...
I got 2 tickets for Vandy and flying this Wednesday bc I wanted to support the program in-person for Timmy's first game....really appreciate the follow-up @poidog. I was super surprised I was able to get goal line on Makai side row 1 ($130 total). Aloha nui.
excellent! be warned, however - the sight lines from row 1 kinda suck... but the sight lines everywhere at that stadium kinda suck. either way, glad you could make it. hopefully you'll bring the good luck with you and we'll get a win.
Totally awesome that Palolo_2LA is coming in for the game.

sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Post by sarvicdar »

https://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2022/8 ... rbilt.aspx

Here's what I got from the website.

Aside from the game being a green-out, first 3000 fans receiving gift, a concert ... there's also Jack.

When the 'Bows score two touchdowns, you win two free tacos from Jack in the Box. Bring your game tickets to redeem the offer! Two touchdowns today, two tacos tomorrow. Let's go Bows

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

kalii wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:37 pm I am jealous of all you guys going to the game, my home is just over 1 mile from the lower campus but I am thousands of miles and 13 time zones away. No season tickets this year; think the game starts at 0530 here, I will be tracking it!
13 time zones? You must be on the opposite of the world! Hope you can catch the game somehow.

kalii
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by kalii »

uhwarriors wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:18 pm
kalii wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:37 pm I am jealous of all you guys going to the game, my home is just over 1 mile from the lower campus but I am thousands of miles and 13 time zones away. No season tickets this year; think the game starts at 0530 here, I will be tracking it!
13 time zones? You must be on the opposite of the world! Hope you can catch the game somehow.
Doha, Qatar is the location. Work on Al Udeid Air Base (AUAB) just outside of the city. Not a bad deal outside of the early morning UH event watching.