UH Athletics Announces NIL Partnerships For Student-Athletes

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
uhwarriors

UH Athletics Announces NIL Partnerships For Student-Athletes

Post by uhwarriors »

https://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2022/8 ... letes.aspx
HONOLULU – University of Hawai'i Athletics has partnered with two leading Name, Image, Likeness companies – The Brandr Group (TBG) and Icon Source – to help its student-athletes with group licensing and new endorsement opportunities.

UH and TBG have established a group licensing agreement that will enable Rainbow Warrior/Wahine student-athletes to profit off their NIL using the school's official trademarks and logos. Through this program, fans will be able to purchase officially licensed UH merchandise including jerseys of their favorite Rainbow Warrior/Wahine student-athletes.

In addition, UH and Icon Source, the leading digital marketplace connecting brands and athletes for endorsements and partnerships, have announced the launch of Icon Suite, an innovative NIL tool for all Rainbow Warrior/Wahine student-athletes and community members.

"We are thrilled to be able to announce both of these partnerships that will help support our student-athletes navigate through Name, Image, and Likeness," Athletics Director David Matlin said. "Through The Brandr Group our student-athletes will now be able to use the school's official trademark while Icon Source will open new doors and endorsement opportunities for both our student-athletes and local companies."

The collaboration with TBG allows for the collective use of student-athletes' NIL in licensing and marketing programs, co-branded with the UH logos and marks. Student-athletes will have the ability to voluntarily join a group licensing program, and TBG will facilitate group licensing opportunities on behalf of the student-athletes. Participation in the program will not limit any student-athlete's NIL rights in their individual licensing and marketing activities. Potential licensees interested in learning more about the program should contact Jim Neish at TBG at jim.neish@tbgusa.com

"NIL is creating profitable opportunities for collegiate student-athletes, and this group licensing agreement with the University of Hawai'i will position its varsity athletes to capitalize on this exciting new environment," said Rick Perko, Vice President of Program Development at TBG. "They will now have the ability to financially benefit from their NIL through co-branded merchandise and sponsorship opportunities. Rainbow Warrior fans will also be introduced to new ways to celebrate their favorite players."

TBG, a brand management, marketing and licensing agency, will manage and administer the program while also developing licensing opportunities on behalf of the student-athletes. With decades of collective management experience for some of the world's largest brands, TBG also manages the group rights program for the NFL, NBA and MLB players' associations in the college space.

Icon Suite will continue to position Hawai'i Athletics at the forefront of NIL opportunities, providing a seamless, compliant system for connecting brands, ​​alumni, and other interested parties with student-athletes for NIL deals.

"Icon Source is thrilled to partner with Hawai'i to adopt this type of software and provide the Icon Suite for all Rainbow Warrior/Wahine student-athletes & the Hawai'i athletic department. There is no university as unique as Hawai'i, and this partnership is truly one of a kind - we are excited to bring businesses and student-athletes together to capitalize in this new NIL era," said Drew Butler, Executive Vice President of Collegiate at Icon Source.

The Icon Suite local exchange application software will greatly enhance the NIL experience for those involved in the Hawai'i ecosystem. The software will connect local companies with student-athletes through a custom Hawai'i marketplace, simultaneously simplifying the NIL administrative processes for Rainbow Warrior/Wahine Athletics administrators tied to deal disclosure and compliance. Interested businesses and Hawai'i supporters will be able to readily identify and engage with potential student-athlete partners through this compliant marketplace software.

Icon Suite is a full-service system that makes it easy for athletes to disclose NIL deals through the student login and allows compliance officers to access contracts and review analytics across demographic breakdowns and other key metrics in the compliance section. The Hawai'i-branded gateway also services local businesses and alumni through the platform by providing access to athletes, as well as guidance, education, and facilitation of the athlete sponsorship process supported by Icon Source.

"Icon Source exists to connect athletes and brands, and our new Icon Suite software takes that a step further on the collegiate level, removing the heavy lifting for those involved in student-athlete and local business partnerships," said Chase Garrett, founder, and CEO of Icon Source. "From finding relevant student-athletes for an event or promotion to handling contracts, 1099's, and payment services, Icon Suite alleviates the administrative duties and offers assistance along the way to ensure successful connections."

About The Brandr Group
The Brandr Group (TBG) is a brand management, marketing and licensing agency powered by a team with decades of collective management experience for some of the world's largest brands. TBG has emerged as the leading agency in group licensing programs, with rights to over 50 college athletic programs and their student athletes in the Name, Image and Likeness category including the biggest brands in college athletics. TBG partners with prominent brands, colleges, sponsors, corporate trademarks, athletes and events to cultivate, diversify and monetize intellectual property through professional brand management and licensing endeavors. For more information, please visit tbgusa.com.

About Icon Source
Icon Source is a digital marketplace that brings agents, athletes, and brands together. The Denver-based company is the only platform that provides brands of all sizes direct communication with agents or the athletes themselves, eliminating unnecessary intermediate steps to engage with potential professional or collegiate partners. Its proprietary AI technology pairs athletes and brands based on social audience demographics. For additional information and to create a free account, visit www.iconsource.com.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: UH Athletics Announces NIL Partnerships For Student-Athletes

Post by My3Cats »

Great news for the student athletes.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.