#WarriorBall #HawaiiMVB 2023

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
roygbivs
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Milwaukee, ATL
NBA: Boston [NHL:Vancouver]
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

#WarriorBall #HawaiiMVB 2023

Post by roygbivs »

https://twitter.com/ucsbathletics/status/1535016970122416128
Roster moves for 2023 UH loses setter to rival foe.

Interesting to see how our roster gets upgraded too.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: #WarriorBall #HawaiiMVB 2023

Post by Walkoff Balk »

The UH men's volleyball team had the advantage in winning the last two championships because they could practice against servers like Thimme, Akana, and Walmer. They dominate those tournaments matches because of serving, serve defense and passing.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

I watch the highlights of the 2022 Volleyball Nations League Tournament on Youtube for ex-Bows players. Rado in on Bulgaria, S. Van Tilburg in on The Netherlands. P. Gasman is on USA. The USA team took second with three ex Long Beach St. players who were on the 2019 team that beat UH. That frosh sensation Nikolov was starting for Bulgaria. I think Emily Maglio is the only ex-Bow who's starting for a national team for Canada.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Meanwhile, 2023 Men's VB is just rolling along. Still showing some signs of early season rust but rolled over Saint Francis of Pennsylvania last night in three sets, with players from the "B" side participating. Of the regular starters, only Thelle and Hogland played in the last set. Saint Francis was not bad, but Hawaii was just too strong and talented.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Did Spectrum Sports stop the downloading of UH men's volleyball games on YouTube? It was great for Hawaii volleyball fans who are transplants on the mainland to see them play. The exposure helped in recruiting and helped the other schools that are new men's volleyball programs, Even big programs such UCLA and Long Beach St. have downloads of their games behind the server camera work that you don't what the score is.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

What happened to the downloads of UH men's volleyball on YouTube? I wanted to watch the replay of the CSUN game. I had my popcorn ready.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

don't think UH stopped it. if they really cared about someone broadcasting their copyrighted stuff, all of the games would be gone. it kinda sucks that they don't have online video on-demand that you can login to tho.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

The stopping of downloading UH men's volleyball games on YouTube must have been by Spectrum Sports. Somebody downloaded one of the matches between UH and CSUN which was broadcast on an ESPN Channel. UH would benefit with the free advertising with the downloads of UH volleyball on YouTube by selling merchandise to volleyball fans on the mainland and Europe which they can order online.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

I just saw the replay of the UH vs. Santa Barbara match last night on YouTube. The ESPN play by play person doesn't mention the score while the game is playing. And there's no graphic that shows the score.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Dimitrios Mouchlias reminds me of a former Long Beach St. player TJ DeFalco. They have that long,lean,and flexible body with a whip fast kill swing. There was a funny moment in last night game with UC Irvine. Dimi acknowledge a UC Irvine fan behind him when serving with a "Don't Miss" sign. That's cool like Joe Montana pointing out John Candy in the stands in the last drive of the Super Bowl.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

The ESPN announcers mentioned the fan with the loud orange clothes at the Stan Sheriff Center for UH volleyball matches.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Next test coming up in the National Championships. Go Warriors!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

All-American
All-American

Post by 808 »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:09 pm The ESPN announcers mentioned the fan with the loud orange clothes at the Stan Sheriff Center for UH volleyball matches.
chawan_cut?

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Does volleyball allow trash talkin' or taunting? I remember last year against Long Beach St. in the Big West tournament. Dimi blocked a LBS attempted kil that went off the leg of the Long Beach St. player. He pointed that the ball went off the LBS leg. I think he got a warning card for un-sportsmanship. He might have gotten a warning because Nickolav of Long Beach St. was doing the stare down across the net too many times.

warrioram
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Seattle Mariners
NFL: Los Angeles Rams

MVB Championship Game on TV

Post by warrioram »

Does anybody have info on the Penn St vs Hawaii game on TV. It’s not on ESPN+. I did find it on NCAA but that usually means watching on iPhone or iPad.