Pine rider
MLB: kalua pig
NBA: kalua pig
NFL: kalua pig

Re: New Stadium

Post by anykine »

:rofl2: :rofl2:
My3Cats wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 8:08 am
anykine wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:22 pm anybody know if ige is a fast reader?
IDK about reading speed, but decision making speed is slower than an African snail.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

SundayJam wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:41 am In my lifetime, I've seen a 10-lane highway and a rusting stadium built, just because, in Hawaii. People have always been parking in Manoa to travel to Halawa, just because. A stadium in Manoa makes sense. There has always been lots of parking on a Saturday nearby. We used to park and ride when the planned-to-rust stadium was built.

A rail system has been in discussion for more than 50 years. The rail needs to happen but I doubt it. The stadium at Manoa needs to happen. A stadium at Halawa never made sense.
The chance for a legit on-campus football stadium went out the window when Les Murakami skirted around university leadership and straight to the state government to get the baseball stadium built.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

poidog wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:27 pm
SundayJam wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:41 am In my lifetime, I've seen a 10-lane highway and a rusting stadium built, just because, in Hawaii. People have always been parking in Manoa to travel to Halawa, just because. A stadium in Manoa makes sense. There has always been lots of parking on a Saturday nearby. We used to park and ride when the planned-to-rust stadium was built.

A rail system has been in discussion for more than 50 years. The rail needs to happen but I doubt it. The stadium at Manoa needs to happen. A stadium at Halawa never made sense.
The chance for a legit on-campus football stadium went out the window when Les Murakami skirted around university leadership and straight to the state government to get the baseball stadium built.
A baseball stadium and a volleyball stadium were built at Manoa from the ground up...just because...but an existing football stadium cannot be improved to host more? I seem to be the only alumnus here that sees the sense in this. Yeah, I know...I'm so far away from the program now...why should I care or how would I know? Well, the Halawa experience wasn't that great when I was a student (high school or Manoa). I never experienced the termite palace, so I wouldn't know about that. On the weekends, there's plenty of parking at Manoa and Kapiolani Community College. It's been awhile...has parking improved on that side of the island or not?

Aloha, guys. I admit much has changed since I was there...especially Oahu.

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Yes, a lot has changed. But one thing that has not changed is the color of money. Still green.

For all you have mentioned, an on-campus stadium is certainly the best for the students, student athletes, UH Manoa, and the whole game day experience. What we often leave out in these discussions is the political maneuverings that will always take place whenever a larger construction or capital improvement project is approved. For this project, the stadium is just one piece. Naturally, we as fans will always hover around what is best for the fan, the team, the players, etc. For those charged with making this project happen, it was never about what we fans believe in. Rather it has always been about the developmental rights around the stadium....or the New Aloha Stadium Entertainment district. This area will be worth billions. Close to Pearl Harbor, airport, freeway interchange....beautiful sunsets. This is a major construction project what we as fans hope to get a stadium for our team out of eventually.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Yes, a lot has changed. But one thing that has not changed is the color of money. Still green.

For all you have mentioned, an on-campus stadium is certainly the best for the students, student athletes, UH Manoa, and the whole game day experience. What we often leave out in these discussions is the political maneuverings that will always take place whenever a larger construction or capital improvement project is approved. For this project, the stadium is just one piece. Naturally, we as fans will always hover around what is best for the fan, the team, the players, etc. For those charged with making this project happen, it was never about what we fans believe in. Rather it has always been about the developmental rights around the stadium....or the New Aloha Stadium Entertainment district. This area will be worth billions. Close to Pearl Harbor, airport, freeway interchange....beautiful sunsets. This is a major construction project of which we as fans hope to get a stadium for our team out of eventually.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by anykine »

we will be playing at tc ching for several years.it will have a life of its own.even after the new aloha stadium is built,we should play 1 game a year there.

honu888
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench

Post by honu888 »

anykine wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:51 pm we will be playing at tc ching for several years.it will have a life of its own.even after the new aloha stadium is built,we should play 1 game a year there.
Homecoming games.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by anykine »

honu888 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:33 pm
anykine wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:51 pm we will be playing at tc ching for several years.it will have a life of its own.even after the new aloha stadium is built,we should play 1 game a year there.
Homecoming games.
that should be automatic.ching field has a different energy and we will be able to revisit it every season.

anykine
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by anykine »

i searched the internet but can’t find the answer.anybody know what chapter of the environmental impact statement ige is still reading?how much more time does he needs to read it and take action?

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

bigislandkurt wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:50 pm Yes, a lot has changed. But one thing that has not changed is the color of money. Still green.

For all you have mentioned, an on-campus stadium is certainly the best for the students, student athletes, UH Manoa, and the whole game day experience. What we often leave out in these discussions is the political maneuverings that will always take place whenever a larger construction or capital improvement project is approved. For this project, the stadium is just one piece. Naturally, we as fans will always hover around what is best for the fan, the team, the players, etc. For those charged with making this project happen, it was never about what we fans believe in. Rather it has always been about the developmental rights around the stadium....or the New Aloha Stadium Entertainment district. This area will be worth billions. Close to Pearl Harbor, airport, freeway interchange....beautiful sunsets. This is a major construction project of which we as fans hope to get a stadium for our team out of eventually.
I would incorporate thousands of trees in the parking area. And create Stalls+ which would be parking stalls that are wide and long and under trees. I would figure out a way to keep tailgating as a family experience.

However, never do politicians do what the average person wants. It don’t matter to them what we have to say. They will create a project and only then call us into a room for input. LOL. Giving public input is the stupidest waste of time on any project.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:04 am Giving public input is the stupidest waste of time on any project.
:fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Tired of people saying "we never had any public input", "they don't listen to us".

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:01 am Tired of people saying "we never had any public input", "they don't listen to us".
LOL … public input is like an environmental impact statement that misses an international airport and high tension power lines serving a major metropolitan area … LOL

Never trust people who claim to be experts … scientists and engineers hired to write bullshit are the biggest scam ever …

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:14 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:01 am Tired of people saying "we never had any public input", "they don't listen to us".
LOL … public input is like an environmental impact statement that misses an international airport and high tension power lines serving a major metropolitan area … LOL

Never trust people who claim to be experts … scientists and engineers hired to write bullshit are the biggest scam ever …
EIS is not what most people refer to when saying we want “public input”. Regardless an EIS is and has been readily available on the NASED website for at least a year.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:45 am
UnBiasFan wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:14 pm

EIS is not what most people refer to when saying we want “public input”. Regardless an EIS is and has been readily available on the NASED website for at least a year.
EIS is entirely about public disclosure. The rail project had studies done by professionals and they missed proximity to a major airport, the federal building, and difficulty and extreme cost to move power lines on the Dillingham corridor.

My point is … the experts will draft for themselves and their clients which never equals us lowlife regular people that are not connected or represented by anyone … a politician that is actually representing us would put our way of life first, not last

No way in hell do they make this project for working people to enjoy the afternoon with their bbq’s — they will not do that …. Period. Prove me wrong.