wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

2022 Wyoming @ Hawaii game

Post by wyokie »

As some of you know I'm a mod on a Wyoming board called WyoNation.

I was just on there and a Wyoming fan posted there saying that he hear a rumor that this year's Wyoming game will be moved to Las Vegas due to the fact and I quote, "Seems no one wants to play at Hawaii's practice field."

Any ideas what's on?

Here's the thread on WyoNation...

https://www.wyonation.com/forum/viewtop ... 15#p261615

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: 2022 Wyoming @ Hawaii game

Post by Irse »

I haven't heard anything about it.
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Considering that the deadline for renewal of season tickets for the upcoming 2022 season was just yesterday (July 1) for seven (7) home games, it would not be desirable to have only six (6) home games and seven (7) away games for Timmy’s inaugural season as HC.

In addition, I would think that it would be highly doubtful/questionable for the MWC to schedule & expect UH to play on the road for 3 consecutive Saturdays (10/22 @ Colorado State then 10/29 against Wyoming @ LV followed by 11/05 @ Fresno State) along with all the associated logistical (travel & transportation/hotel/practice/study) difficulties.

https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/football/schedule
Last edited by kapakahi on Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:29 pm As some of you know I'm a mod on a Wyoming board called WyoNation.

I was just on there and a Wyoming fan posted there saying that he hear a rumor that this year's Wyoming game will be moved to Las Vegas due to the fact and I quote, "Seems no one wants to play at Hawaii's practice field."

Any ideas what's on?

It sounds like amateur smack talk. Better teams than Wyoming have shown up to play here. Besides, we owned you at your house last year with an apparently dysfunctional team. After that disgrace, your players wouldn't want to come here and get some pay-back? They believe the venue is beneath them? Pah-lease!!! Hawaii is one of the most beautiful places on earth. You could play in the parking lot and it would still be better than playing at Wyoming. Perhaps the Pokes are afraid of getting a sunburn... Idk.

unpaid
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by unpaid »

]Two points here.

1.The FBS rule about having a minimum stadium capacity of 30K was dropped in 2004. UH at 10K and Wyoming at 29.01K have no reason to complain.Wyoming could have been in FCS 18 years ago .UH could have been FCS two years ago under strict interpretation.

2.To maintain FBS status now a school must average at least 15K (scanned tickets at the gate which would be actual attendance,not tickets sold.)every two years. If I were UH or Wyoming I would be careful about attracting attention
From the MWC .It’s about money.Big Ten and SEC rule the roost.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

wyokie wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:29 pm As some of you know I'm a mod on a Wyoming board called WyoNation.

Any ideas what's on?

I think this is great idea if the numbers could back it up. How about a $1 million donation from Boyd?

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

LOL at wyoming fans trying to get out of a game here to avoid losing to us again.