Men's Volleyball

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: Men's Volleyball

Post by Walkoff Balk »

I watched the replay. A couple of funny moments were Keoni Thiim as a hype-man. A champion has a hype-man. And a Long Beach St. player on the sideline mouthing the word Motherf-er. He caught himself on the arena's big screen and started laughing.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Congrats to the Warriors! Everyone put it together for this great match. Very exciting indeed!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

Post by ubercow »

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

uhwarriors wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:58 am Full replay of 2022 National Championship Game including post game which was not included in live broadcast.

Link
Thanks uhwarriors! No offense to the NCAA Womens' Beach Volleyball tourney, but I did not want to see it in place of the beginning of the UH-LBSU match - which is what I have on my DVR. I still have the national championship match against BYU on my DVR too. LOL!

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

I heard on the radio where Chris Hart was being snarky about how many colleges play men's volleyball. How many colleges have a realistic chance of winning the national championship in football or basketball?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:05 pm I heard on the radio where Chris Hart was being snarky about how many colleges play men's volleyball. How many colleges have a realistic chance of winning the national championship in football or basketball?
People like to take a cynical approach to what I feel is a great accomplishment in UH Sports History. This is only the third NCAA championship in UH history. There will always be the person that wants to pop the balloons at a birthday party. Do we even question George Mason's ability to field a football team although they've been in the NCAA BB tournament consistently. When I was on the East Coast I was asked to play A Men's Volleyball and I said I don't play volleyball :lol: (probably all playground or community league stuff) and the guy said I thought everybody in Hawaii played volleyball. I take lots of pride in the fact that my alma mater made history by going back to back for NCAA Men's Volleyball champs. Thank you to all the 2021-2022 Men's Volleyball team. :D This is a great time to feel good about UH and Hawaii.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:05 pm I heard on the radio where Chris Hart was being snarky about how many colleges play men's volleyball. How many colleges have a realistic chance of winning the national championship in football or basketball?
I wonder if Chris Hart craps on the men's hockey national champs as well, since not all NCAA members participate in that sport, or if he only craps on the home team...

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

I normally post only on the high school threads, but I saw the above post on the opening screen of sportshawaii. Don't know who Hart is, but if he's going to be snarky about UH winning the NCAA men's volleyball title, and he's going to crap on it by belittling it, then as a UH alumnus I'd like to say that he sucks.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

After losing at Long Beach St., UH had to run the table to get seedings, byes, and have to win the Big West Tournament. Just to get invited to the Big Dance. Then, it was just go for broke style.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »