Nicknames of Former Bows

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Nicknames of Former Bows

Post by Walkoff Balk »

I thought of some the nicknames of former Bows that pop in me head. Can you think of more or correct my memory?
Jerome "Hook" Freeman
George Ritter "Sitters"
Tyrone "Dr. J. as in Jawbone" Bradshaw
JImmy "Bad Boy" Baker, his nickname was transferred from Tark's UNLV
Erin "Helicopter" Galloway. You can use "Helicopter" for current Galloway, Chaz
Rod "Rockin" Aldridge
Chad "Mighty Might" Owens
Al "Samoan Sackman" Noga
Colin "Kangaroo Hop" Scotts
Todd "Snacks" Takayoshi
Patrick "Gas Man" Gasman, there was a "Gasoline" nickname for a UH pitcher in the 80's.
Sarah "Ace in" Mason
"Ready" Anetti
Kim & Lily Show
There were ethnic ones that were either from fans signs or Chris McClaughlin.
Poi Ponder
The Flying Dutchman
The Greek Freak for Costas T.

uhwarriors

Re: Nicknames of Former Bows

Post by uhwarriors »

David "Mento" Maeva
Mike "Psycho" Tressler
Levi Stanley had his "Kanaka Army"
Paul "Sumo" Lee
Robert "Jeep" Kelly
Steve "Rockman" McGee
Floyd "Sleepy" Simon

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Victor "Tiny" Kelly
Seth "Shaq of the WAC" Sundberg
Anthony "A.C" Carter

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

Reydan “Tita” Ahuna
Don “Spud” Botelho
James “Skippy” Dyer
Theodore “Pump” Searle
Otto “Proc” Klum
Harry “Clown” Kahuanui
“Showboat” Gibson
“Little Matt” Gibson
“Big Matt” Gipson
Ephraim “Red” Rocha
Dan “Iceman” Kelly
Paul “Great Wall of China” Lee
Johann “Speedy from Tahiti” Bouit
Melvin “Tank” Hopkins
“Daedae” Hunter
“Nae Nae” Calhoun
“Teee” Williams
“Kee” Williams

four25wow
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by four25wow »

Tita Ahuna? The year the Wahines won the national title. Mahina Eleneki. I remember the year. I was in college taking up computer courses. UH. Though they didn't have forums like this yet. Tita Ahuna is 5-10. And they won the national title with her. They had the old gym too still yet over in Manoa. Klum gym. I don't know if the building is still up or they tore it down. They didn't have SSC back in the 1980s. Just Klum gym. I think it's obvious the importance of talents. It looks that way the only teams worth noting is Hawai'i volleyball indoors. Men's and women's. 2 national titles and 4 national titles respectively. All the other sports, football, basketball, and baseball has no national titles. Hawai'i baseball stadium was built in 1984. About to tear down because it has lots of maintenance to it already. Score board. Apparently the cement bleachers looks like it will last for another 20 years. So still good. 60 years total life of the stadium.

This is Reydan Ahuna years later as a coach. Still looks the same. Jerome Freeman. 1970s. Fabulous 5. Far right. #14
Left to right, Al Davis, Bob Nash, Dwight Holiday, John Pennebacker, Jerome Freeman. "Mike "Pycho" Tressler", the name sounds familiar? Are you from Kaua'i? Or is he from Kaua'i? Really close. But just hard to remember the name years after. What number jersey did you wear in UH and for what sport? Now I got it. Kapa'a High School head football coach. HHSAA. You guys won one title one year. Division II HHSAA. You played at uh football? I didn't know that.
ImageImage

four25wow
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers

Post by four25wow »

Back in the 1980s and 90s and 2024s, I was an Oahu resident and also a student at UH. So I remember names like Garret Gabriel. Timmy Chang. Mahina Eleneki. Allen Allen. And I gave names to them. Just me though. It was all in the sport. Timmy was just known as little boy Timmy. Allen Allen was named two times Allen. Mahina Eleneki was named the heater. And Garrett Gabriel was named after by me as Mr. All out Garrett. So I gave them the names.

Timmy in 1998 or 1999. HIgh School years. St. Louis Crusaders. ILH, Oahu. Home of the Crusaders. I was an Oahu resident when Timmy was in high school. So I'm qualified to talk about Timmy Chang. 3rd season Timmy. How will they fare? I don't know. If they have a winning season they extend his contract to 2 more years. Then option to extend 5 more years. That will take him into the 2028s season. And by then a new Aloha Stadium is built. "Speculative". All because fans need to support the stadium to have a stadium. Tickets!

I'll call it now. Many people on Oahu like Timmy Chang. I say a new Aloha Stadium is built. And Timmy Chang makes it into a new Aloha Stadium in Halawa. September 24, 2024 is the deadline to hand in your plans to build it. If you are an engineer here on the blog.