CFN Preview of UH

Post by Irse »

ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: CFN Preview of UH

Post by cabanalane »

I don't think the CFN is worth any weight just because it looks like it can be applied to any other team with similar record from last year. And look like they spend no time in researching anything.

Bows will be different this year because nothing from last year matter. Coaching staff is new. Most key players left. It's really a new team, new plays, and new leadership.

If they won 6 games last year, we can expect either 7 or 5, if everything was the same with just the normal attrition of players. That's a safe projection.

IMO, we can expect OMG excellence and win 10 games. Or just win one game.

Looking forward to the new year and TC era.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

cabanalane wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:52 am I don't think the CFN is worth any weight just because it looks like it can be applied to any other team with similar record from last year. And look like they spend no time in researching anything.
The first two pages of the preview are pretty detailed. Pete Fuitak has been one of the more informed CFB writers when it comes to covering Hawaii. in 2001, they had UH as finishing quite high in their fantasy march madness bracket based on their recognition of how UH, who was not selected for a bowl game, was much better than many teams that were going bowling.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

5.5 wins is a fair prediction. The D was horrible and we lost our best defenders to graduation and transfer portal. Diddo for the O, but that was more about the $hitty scheme.

This team will take at least 1.5 yrs to be effective with the new scheme, players and coaches. The RnS or Spread takes a while to learn and players need the reps bc there's so much post snap reads that require the QB and WR to be aligned or things get bad quickly. The OL needs to be solid on pass pro too.

I won't be sad if we win more than 6, but I'm also realistic. Hope the other fans are patient. The talent level has definitely increased, the vibe/culture has shifted , which contributes to a buzz throughout the land that the Warriors will rise again. #Imau #WarriorsBrotherhood
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

poidog wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:16 pm
cabanalane wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:52 am I don't think the CFN is worth any weight just because it looks like it can be applied to any other team with similar record from last year. And look like they spend no time in researching anything.
The first two pages of the preview are pretty detailed. Pete Fuitak has been one of the more informed CFB writers when it comes to covering Hawaii. in 2001, they had UH as finishing quite high in their fantasy march madness bracket based on their recognition of how UH, who was not selected for a bowl game, was much better than many teams that were going bowling.
My error. I clicked on the link and read just that. Did not know the link was actually the last page. Thanks for pointing that out.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Meh, the analysis is pretty weak. The team was beat down by covid circumstances, a tougher than usual schedule, and coaching changes. The head coach hiring his son to be the offensive coordinator was not smart. The new coordinators are a definite improvement. Having a back-up quarterback heave incomplete bombs all game and getting sacked kinda skewed that stat's a little vs Nevada. Opening against 2 Pac-12 teams led to: skewed stats. We played San Diego State tight and registered an upset against Fresno State. Although I don't like the manner in which Coach Graham was dispensed of...I like this current coaching staff. As for the 'slew' of players we lost...we didn't lose that much. This looks like a good team that is coached right and is set to shine. I say we go 8 - 5 and go bowling again. We don't play Boise St or BYU this year. Michigan is gonna kill us, but the other games are winnable.