*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Hawaii vs. BYU series looks dead now

Post by wyokie »

https://fbschedules.com/byu-hawaii-appe ... ll-series/

Mainly because BYU is heading for the Big 12.

Figured y'all might want to know.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Hawaii vs. BYU series looks dead now

Post by Irse »

wyokie wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:30 pm https://fbschedules.com/byu-hawaii-appe ... ll-series/

That's too bad. It was always fun.
ImageImage

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

Irse wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:52 pm
wyokie wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:30 pm https://fbschedules.com/byu-hawaii-appe ... ll-series/

That's too bad. It was always fun.
I can't stand them.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Welp at least we won the last meeting.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

I know we've had a long history with BYU, but we chopped the legs off that monster a few times. Better yet, we pissed on their parade. Wagner had the best success. Jones had a signature blow-out of a title contender. Rolo scored a close win in his final Hawaii Bowl. Why did BYU play Hawaii that year? I guess they couldn't qualify for another bowl game. It was still a close game and the head coach for BYU was/is a pretty class guy.

CFB has changed significantly since I started watching it. I honestly don't care if we ever play BYU again. Sure, they've bullied us a bit, but we've thrown a wrench into that machine a few times. We've even bested Wyoming in 3 of our last 5 meetings. I know Wyokie believes his team to be a nemesis...but Wyoming is not all that. When they beat us...it's like...meh, Idaho State beat us. The team I'd really like to see shamed is Boise St.
Last edited by SundayJam on Mon May 09, 2022 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

That rivalry is dead anyway. In 2001 the game was a 50,000 sellout. In the 2019 Hawaii Bowl, tickets issued was only 21,582. New generation could care less if it was BYU, Fresno St, or Boise St. The Rolo storyline is over.

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:14 pm That rivalry is dead anyway. In 2001 the game was a 50,000 sellout. In the 2019 Hawaii Bowl, tickets issued was only 21,582. New generation could care less if it was BYU, Fresno St, or Boise St. The Rolo storyline is over.
Yep not the same any more. I like that we will get to see Pac teams like UCLA and Stanford play here. This is something that I thought that I would not get to see in my lifetime.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:12 pm CFB has changed significantly since I started watching it. I honestly don't care if we ever play BYU again. Sure, they've bullied us a bit, but we've thrown a wrench into that machine a few times. We've even bested Wyoming in 3 of our last 5 meetings. I know Wyokie believes his team to be a nemesis...but Wyoming is not all that. When they beat us...it's like...meh, Idaho State beat us. The team I'd really like to see shamed is Boise St.
LOL Thanks. I'll remind ya of that after we beat ya in the islands this fall. But seriously, I honestly think it'll be a loss. Gawd, I'm still pissed we lost to Hawaii in Laramie last fall. I did find out that our coaches admitted they never did prepare the Cowboys for Hawaii hence why we lost. Bohl has lost a lot of fans and supporters this last year.

Hate to say it but CFB has changed so much lately that it's like life. Life itself has changed so much since I was a kid in Wyoming. Just feels like the world in general is coming apart at the seems and no one really cares. Just like a pack of wolves fighting over two things...$$$$ and power.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

RedZone wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:40 pm
BigWave96744 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:14 pm That rivalry is dead anyway. In 2001 the game was a 50,000 sellout. In the 2019 Hawaii Bowl, tickets issued was only 21,582. New generation could care less if it was BYU, Fresno St, or Boise St. The Rolo storyline is over.
Yep not the same any more. I like that we will get to see Pac teams like UCLA and Stanford play here. This is something that I thought that I would not get to see in my lifetime.
LOL I know what you mean. I never thought in a million years Wyoming would ever host Nebraska, Virginia, Ole Miss, Texas, Texas A & M, etc...and yet, we can't seem to get Colorado to come to Laramie. Oh, well...

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Even if they in the Big 12, we can still play them. I’m sure we will meet again in the future. All teams have a non conference schedule.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 7:55 am
SundayJam wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:12 pm CFB has changed significantly since I started watching it. I honestly don't care if we ever play BYU again. Sure, they've bullied us a bit, but we've thrown a wrench into that machine a few times. We've even bested Wyoming in 3 of our last 5 meetings. I know Wyokie believes his team to be a nemesis...but Wyoming is not all that. When they beat us...it's like...meh, Idaho State beat us. The team I'd really like to see shamed is Boise St.
LOL Thanks. I'll remind ya of that after we beat ya in the islands this fall. But seriously, I honestly think it'll be a loss. Gawd, I'm still pissed we lost to Hawaii in Laramie last fall. I did find out that our coaches admitted they never did prepare the Cowboys for Hawaii hence why we lost. Bohl has lost a lot of fans and supporters this last year.

Hate to say it but CFB has changed so much lately that it's like life. Life itself has changed so much since I was a kid in Wyoming. Just feels like the world in general is coming apart at the seems and no one really cares. Just like a pack of wolves fighting over two things...$$$$ and power.
What then? We'll be even for the last six meetings...three wins apiece.

So...your coaches feel the same way I do. I enjoy watching a game with the Pokes as much as I enjoy watching SDSU or Fresno. Wyoming is nothing like The Vandals...sorry about that. We're pretty much cut from the same cloth...as far as football goes. Still, you complain about Bohl too much. How'd you like a Von Appen or Chow to captain the team for years in order to appease the administration no-it-alls? [pun intended] Coach Chang and the hold-over assistants of coaches past are something new. There is some continuity in this coaching staff. I don't think the team is that depleted or dispirited by this last 'trial'. I think they're stronger. We're in the MWC. I'd like to see us continue beating Wyoming and everyone else there. The only nemesis left in my mind is Boise State. Wyoming...BYU...come and play us again if you want your belt back. ;-)

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

BYU is no longer a recruiting nemesis to us anymore. Another reason not to care as much anymore. The local blue chips are skipping BYU and going other places now.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

poidog wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:18 pm BYU is no longer a recruiting nemesis to us anymore. Another reason not to care as much anymore. The local blue chips are skipping BYU and going other places now.
Local LDS kids still go to BYU. Most never become stars. Think about all the kids who were studs, go on a mission and return to BYU to play mediocre football. Top tier Hawaii kids are going to the SEC, northern PAC 12 and Midwest schools.

My unko was on the 84 national Champs team, he got us tixs, which we used but sat on UH's side. Lol. BYU was a team that kick our a$$ for a long time. However, Fresno and SDSU are more our rivals today. Boise is on another level, so I don't feel like it's a rivalry bc the kick us in the a$$.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook: