*** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
XLT1000
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer
MLB: none
NBA: none
NFL: none

Re: Colt Brennan’s Family Learns CTE Played Role in His Death

Post by XLT1000 »

Good bye Colt Brennan. It was nice knowing you through the TV. From Hawai'i.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Colt Brennan’s Family Learns CTE Played Role in His Death

Post by cabanalane »

No doubt football is a dangerous sport, in no disrespect, I think the car accident has a lot to with it (as the article stated) and IMO, is the primary cause. If he never had the accident, I think he would have had the chance to play in the NFL, be successful, have a normal life, etc. And then deal with his CTE in the proper way (as other football players have done and are doing.) Recall he was "let go" by the Raiders because the head injury was discovered. Not for his football abilities.

Life sometime sucks and not always fair.

He will forever be GOAT QB in football history. RIP.

I'll say it. Who is a fault here? The mokes that hung around him. And the mokes probably feed off of his celebrity status. We all like to say, every man make his own decisions. No one forced him to do drugs, etc. Some "friends" they are.

Like mom said, don't hang around the mokes, it can only get you in trouble.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: *** Official Colt Brennan thread ***

Post by shrek2 »

Celebration of life this weekend.

Link

Link

XLT1000
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by XLT1000 »

Thanks. Nice Story. And I recognize that location. I've been there once or twice in 2017 watching spring practice. It was a weekday. But we had time off. So we went to watch. No food allowed though. So you'll have to eat some where else. And that's his parents and sisters.

XLT1000
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Re: RIP Colt Brennan

Post by XLT1000 »

sarvicdar wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:01 am The SA and Tsai did a wonderful job of paying tribute to Brennan in today's newspaper. There's frontpage, A8, A9, C1, C4, C5. That's a lot. It shows me a lot of heart went into these articles and pictures and I applaud ST and the SA. For the readers, like myself, it left me appreciative that the SA and ST went all out in it's coverage. Brennan touched the hearts of many.
Hello, sarvicdar. I know you too from another forum. We've met too on the forum. Warrior sports network. I'm DDSPHON on that forum. About 3200 post. Really. It's nice to see you. And I saw that post too there. Too bad they could not keep Victor Santa Cruz as an assistant.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

https://www.khon2.com/sports/why-colt-b ... l-of-fame/

That's a strict requirement of having to be a First Team All American.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

To me, it does not matter. The numbers and stats are there. Yes, some of his records were broken a few years after. That's what records are there for, to be broken.

There is something in awe or spiritual about GOAT #15. Yes, he was a special guy that touched many hearts in Hawaii. Hard to explain, but if you agree, you know what I mean.

Don't know him, never met him. A few of my friends have, and they would also echo the same.

What I want to say is that, to me, it does not matter if he is All-American or not. Hawaii will always love Colt Brennan.