OL Vanterpool Gets His First Start

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: OL Vanterpool Gets His First Start

Post by Irse »

Hope Dior Scott has a breakout year at RB. We need a backup to Parson.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:07 am This is one of the best player productions I've ever seen. Vanterpool has a future in sportscasting. I also fully understand the situation at the end of the Graham situation now. It was clearly more than just coach...but coach's mistakes were handled in a much more respectful way by these players than the entirety of Hawaii media. Wow...I was blown away by this presentation. Well done, gentlemen.
I don't know if anybody will fully understand what really happened at the end of 2021 and 2022. Lots of innuendos. UH communications guy says Matlin will be the first person to say Graham was a bad hire. Why? Yeah, I agree with your assessment that the young men did a great presentation. I don't know if Vanterpool has a future in sportscasting but you kinda get the feeling that he'll be successful in whatever he chooses.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Irse wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:01 am Hope Dior Scott has a breakout year at RB. We need a backup to Parson.
Yeah, I kinda get that. Nobody in the recruiting class looks like they've got speed. Lots of beef but like they say, speed kills. Big hole in the secondary.

Palolo_2LA
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: A's
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Palolo_2LA »

shrek2 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:50 pm Was it Todd Graham or the cockroaches?

Link
Like Dior Scott and Dedrick Parsons after the video.
What a genuine inside view of these young men and their stories, which had many hardships they had to push through. It's easy to cheer for them and respect their perseverance.

I enjoyed the respecting women section bc it's an important aspect of being a decent citizen and a humble man. Being successful is easy when you have character, perseverance and humility.
Be humble and confident in yourself and all things you do. :zook:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Okay...okay. I watched the rest of the video. I gotta say, boyz...stop hitting the table. There are microphones on it! Also, try to limit the 'I feel you' statements. That said, you were personal and open...and cool. Aloha.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Watched the first 15 minutes. Will have to watch the rest.

Great to hear their stories.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

cabanalane wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:21 pm Watched the first 15 minutes. Will have to watch the rest.

Great to hear their stories.
If you can, throw it on the tv cause the sound goes loud and soft depending on what they're talking about. It's not a Hollywood production. :lol: But one thing is that it's all genuine and off the cuff.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:23 am
SundayJam wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:07 am This is one of the best player productions I've ever seen. Vanterpool has a future in sportscasting. I also fully understand the situation at the end of the Graham situation now. It was clearly more than just coach...but coach's mistakes were handled in a much more respectful way by these players than the entirety of Hawaii media. Wow...I was blown away by this presentation. Well done, gentlemen.
I don't know if anybody will fully understand what really happened at the end of 2021 and 2022. Lots of innuendos. UH communications guy says Matlin will be the first person to say Graham was a bad hire. Why? Yeah, I agree with your assessment that the young men did a great presentation. I don't know if Vanterpool has a future in sportscasting but you kinda get the feeling that he'll be successful in whatever he chooses.

Link

I think from this podcast you can begin to understand the angst which produced the airing of dirty laundry by practice team players on social media. This does, in fact, speak poorly of coach: why would anyone exclude walk-ons from a BBQ at Sherwood's? Does this have anything to do with talent leaving the program: No. Does this in anyway relate to what transpired at ASU...maybe. Both programs seem to be struggling to improve despite hiring qualified coaches.

It's a new era. We've hired an unqualified coach to lead a pretty good team. I only hope that a happy-go-lucky, sloppy Joe Rolo and an unfairly maligned, Spartan TG have dealt Loco-boy Timmy C a winning hand.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Going OT. Many have said Hawaii is not like the old days. Some guys that said that are talking about the 1960s. Some are talking about the 1980s. And some are talking about Y2K, which is 20+ years ago. Big difference depending on one's perspective on the "old days."

Looking at the video above, Hawaii still look the same. Guys still get together like it used to be. We did the exact same things.

What do you say from the boots on the ground?

I don't know because nearly all my family left, and close friends too in the last 10 years. I've not been back for 25+ years.

Let's not talk about price of housing or traffic. That has not changed, since my dad wanted to buy a new house in someplace call... Mililani (because Dole) and mom said no, cause there was nothing there, nothing.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

This episode is a good one. Vanterpool is improving. He strikes me as being an extraordinary interviewer. He's interviewing two walk-ons and the walk-ons sound great. You should know by now that I'm an optimist, and I think this team is still something special.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/im_micah55/status/1504924559639662596

Link

Link

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »