Urban Meyer fired

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Urban Meyer fired

Post by Irse »

couldn't even make it through 1 year
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/328 ... first-year
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Urban Meyer fired

Post by shrek2 »

There was a lot of news last week about Urban Meyer creating a toxic environment and calling his assistant coaches names. But I think winning is the name of the game and 2-11 is just bad.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:55 am There was a lot of news last week about Urban Meyer creating a toxic environment and calling his assistant coaches names. But I think winning is the name of the game and 2-11 is just bad.
Plenty of coaches survive worse than that. Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 in his first year with the Cowboys and well you know what happened after. What did Urban in was the multiple off-field stuff and toxic environment surrounding the team that looks most likely attributed to him. He couldn’t win enough to mask those issues like he could do in college with Florida and Ohio St. Like the saying goes “winning cures all”. Well he couldn’t win in the NFL so everything else came to the forefront.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Another legendary college coach who couldn't cut it in the pros

sevarino3
Pom pom fluffer
Pom pom fluffer

Post by sevarino3 »

BigWave96744 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:17 pm Another legendary college coach who couldn't cut it in the pros
i dunno not like he had a long shot at it. seems like he was an okole tho kicking the kickers legs and saying i can do what i want. strange to think he may have gotten away with that stuff at OSU but not necessarily down to his coaching ability in so few games.

should have been fired tho, sounds like an okole.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

He's in good company to return to college coaching & succeed
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... r-BB1cLvsz