Senate to meet with UH in January

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Re: Senate to meet with UH in January

Post by cabanalane »

Irse wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:42 am
cabanalane wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:49 am At one end, they said TG is one of the highest paid state employee. Then they said, he is pretty much the lowest paid college football coach. So which is it? Can't have it both ways.

A few less dropped passes, we may be 8-5 and we be talking about something else.
It can be. He may be one of the highest paid state of Hawaii employee but his pay compared to other D1 coaches is low.
Yes, my point is some already complained that TG is paid too much. If we spend "Ken Niumatalolo salary" on a football coach, imagine the public outcry.

ulua
All-American
All-American
MLB: Marlins
NFL: Panthers

Post by ulua »

EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:30 am
ulua wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:30 am https://www.khon2.com/local-news/state- ... m-scandal/
Hawaii State Senator Donna Mercado Kim said if asked, the state would fund Graham’s $1.275 million buy out, or look at firing him for cause.

“If the claims made by the student athletes are legitimate claims that I think we have no option but to go ahead and buy on the contract for the health and safety of our students and for the program,” Sen Kim said.
LOL where has this money been? How about using this money to actually helping better the program and athletic department.
Maybe they borrowing from the rail project, may as well that thing is so over budget already another mil wont hurt LOL :lol: :lol:

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

ulua wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:27 pm
EITSwarrior wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:30 am
LOL where has this money been? How about using this money to actually helping better the program and athletic department.
Maybe they borrowing from the rail project, may as well that thing is so over budget already another mil wont hurt LOL :lol: :lol:
Rail is a city and county project. UH is a state entity. Pulling from different sources. Over a decade and people still don't know the difference.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/SamSpanglerHI/status/1480817772036689924

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

If the $$$ is there, then TG is good as gone.

Did TG called players dog$hit? Yes, Guilty. He should address his players as "Her Majesty."

Did TG not invite the entire time to his house? Yes, Guilty. That's discrimination. And racial because those excluded were minorities. (Or should we say majority since minorities are 85%)

Wait, TG bought Dr. Pepper at Times using UH's Department P-card. Who drank it? It was coded as "Business Meeting." Wait, there was no meeting that day. Grounds for termination. Save buyout cash.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

After January 20th we'll see if the UH BOR: 1) orders an investigation into the players' allegations; 2) buries their collective heads in the sand; or 3) punts. If #1, then we'll see if the two Davids: A) muddles the investigation and drag it out; B) buries the investigation in the sand; or C) punts.

Lassner and Matlin must be infuriated that Donna Mercado Kim offered to have the legislature pay off TG if the allegations are true. UH football is their kuleana and their castle and no one is going to tell them what to do.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

What about D) Fumble?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Link

RedZone
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by RedZone »

My3Cats wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:54 am After January 20th we'll see if the UH BOR: 1) orders an investigation into the players' allegations; 2) buries their collective heads in the sand; or 3) punts. If #1, then we'll see if the two Davids: A) muddles the investigation and drag it out; B) buries the investigation in the sand; or C) punts.

Lassner and Matlin must be infuriated that Donna Mercado Kim offered to have the legislature pay off TG if the allegations are true. UH football is their kuleana and their castle and no one is going to tell them what to do.
Actually makes it easier for them. Won’t have to worry about where to find the money. Still I wish the money would go towards the players. I have always thought that they needed a nutritionist and better diet.
Not doubting, not hating, not loving, just hoping because I am a fan.

🌴“WELCOME HOME COACH”🌴 :hello1: Go get’em Timmy :hello1:

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

State senator looking to get rid of Lassner, Matlin and Graham.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10 ... 1318377411
What do you call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

wailukuwarriorfan
Starter
Starter

Post by wailukuwarriorfan »

Looks to be several financial sources available to buyout Graham's contract now with the State Legislature also willing to consider financing the buyout if player allegations are true.

If the lawsuits that Attorney Green mentioned in his testimony, start surfacing from multiple player's families, the State will probably do a quick feasibility study to determine whether Graham needs to be bought out or could be fired for cause, based on the strength of all the allegations made.

Moving forward with Graham bought out or terminated for cause may be the best scenario for UH Football to rebuild the program. If UH decides to move in that direction, the AD only needs to look at Boise State to understand how they maintain continuity and consistency by promoting from within their existing staff.

UH has Abe Elimimian, Jacob Yoro, Victor Santa Cruz and Kim McCloud all on the UH Football Coaching staff with history with the program to build around.

If Matlin is still the AD, he should hire a Head Coach that understands Hawaii's culture and the program and can build a program, even with its financial limitations, that the State of Hawaii can all stand behind.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Aside from the fact that Matlin hired and is standing by Graham for now, why is there a movement to want Matlin fired?

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Politics can be such a clown show sometimes. This senate hearing notwithstanding. And now we hear that there is money to buy coach out? My goodness. If so, do it already. The off-season and all that goes on with brining on a new coach waits for no one.
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Let's say there is a (are) lawsuits. UH will be paying the bills. Let's say there's a buyout. More millions spent. Then UH need to spend more millions on hiring a new coach. Because UH/State does not have lots of $$$, we hired a new "average" coach. He implemnt a new offense/defense. More players leave, or don't fit the system. Team will suffer. Then let's fire the coach because he sucks.

It seems like we are in this revolving cycle.

For football sake IMO, let TG (at least) finish the job. Those who are not happy have left. Those who are staying are in. Let's get back to football.

Before reply on how JJ turn it around with VonApp players, true. We all know JJ era back then was sort of once in a life time thing. It will always be halo GOAT status. Undefeated + Sugarbowl won't happen again.