Michael Graham in the transfer portal

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Michael Graham in the transfer portal

Post by shrek2 »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:11 pm @shrek2:

Hi. I normally don't post on UH sports threads; I'm on the high school sports threads. But when I got to the home page, I noticed your post. I was born and raised here on Oahu, and went to high school in the mid-'70s. I remember "Kill Haole" days, which were appalling, unjustified, and "un-aloha". Are they still happening in high schools today? I hope not. Anyway, I noticed that you posted Radford High. I'm surprised that there were "Kill Haole" days at that school, because there were so many Caucasian students there. "Kill Haole" days seem so inappropriate and uncool for a school with so many Caucasian students. "Kill Haole" days should be a shameful thing of the past. There should be no place for such a thing in Hawaii's high schools today.
This is all OT but I totally agree with your conclusion but would further like to add that there is no bullying allowed of any kind. Anyway, I didn't experience high school as you did. I had to confront the rumors of these events seriously in the early 80's when military wives asked whether they should allow their kids to go to school on a certain day. The schools they talked about was Aiea, Radford and Campbell. I think they said Radford because of a few local thugs.

Maybe to make this post germane to the discussion, we shouldn't allow coaches to be bullies. :lol: