Open/D-I Top Ten 2021

Give your high school or alumni a shout out! Talk about high school sports in this forum.
HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Open/D-I Top Ten 2021

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

@ChadFukuoka:

Yeah; Memphis got thoroughly reamed and boned. Very unfortunate. Like, when the hell is this pandemic going to end?

Attention: It's now Kahuku 28, St Louis 0.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

I know this is a football thread, but, girls' basketball season has begun. Not one, not two, but three schools forfeited their games tonight: Waialua forfeited to Campbell, Kaimuki forfeited to Moanalua, and Castle forfeited to Roosevelt. Isn't that unusual? Did the three forfeiting schools have girls down with COVID? I heard there were over 1,200 new cases on Oahu two days ago. What the beep?

Now its Kahuku 28, St Louis 7. Drat. I hope Kahuku can get that TD back.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Crud. Kahuku 28-14 now.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

This game kind of reminds me of the last time Kahuku and Punahou played in the title game. They stormed out to a big lead before watching us turn it into a game. But they put us away (partly because of self-inflicted errors of ours). I hope that Kahuku puts St. Louis away. Can't let St. Louis hang around.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@gopunahou:

Amen, brother. Amen.

It's halftime; I hope Kahuku's coaching staff are giving the players an earful. What the hell? St Louis scored the last two TDs.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Right on, Kahuku! 35-14! Now, get back the other TD! You're more than halfway to the final whistle! Keep the pedal to the metal!

TheNewNORM
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by TheNewNORM »

Eat that clock Kahuku. 42-14

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Kahuku 42-14 18 minutes remaining
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@gopunahou:

That's right! GO RED RAIDERS! "You da man!"
Last edited by HS Football Fanatic on Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

This game is pretty much following the pattern of the 2012 state championship game.

genks
Starter
Starter

Post by genks »

Well, just gonna call it now. I know nothI got lasts forever, but it still sucks when the end comes. (who knows, punahou may even beat us again one day :lol: Respect to Kahuku, what an okole kicking. This is a tough one to take. If you gonna lose you never want to get blown out like that. Kahuku looked the part all season and looks like they will finish even stronger than they started. Enjoy the win everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, it’s seems, is riding Kahuku. Hopefully we’ll get another chance to face them next year.

ChadFukuoka
Starter
Starter

Post by ChadFukuoka »

genks wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:05 pm Well, just gonna call it now. I know nothI got lasts forever, but it still sucks when the end comes. (who knows, punahou may even beat us again one day :lol: Respect to Kahuku, what an okole kicking. This is a tough one to take. If you gonna lose you never want to get blown out like that. Kahuku looked the part all season and looks like they will finish even stronger than they started. Enjoy the win everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, it’s seems, is riding Kahuku. Hopefully we’ll get another chance to face them next year.
Have you heard anything about the Lee’s retiring after this season? Is that just a rumor?

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

@genks:

That's right; I remember: You're an alumnus of St Louis School. Well, I mean, they won the JV; that's a good sign for them. Gotta watch-out for Punahou, though; they have a lot of returnees.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

ChadFukuoka wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:13 pm
genks wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:05 pm Well, just gonna call it now. I know nothI got lasts forever, but it still sucks when the end comes. (who knows, punahou may even beat us again one day :lol: Respect to Kahuku, what an okole kicking. This is a tough one to take. If you gonna lose you never want to get blown out like that. Kahuku looked the part all season and looks like they will finish even stronger than they started. Enjoy the win everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, it’s seems, is riding Kahuku. Hopefully we’ll get another chance to face them next year.
Have you heard anything about the Lee’s retiring after this season? Is that just a rumor?
@ChadFukuoka:

As I mentioned in a previous post several weeks ago, a pretty reliable source said that both are retiring after this season (after tonight).

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Hey; how much time is left? Scoringlive says the 4th qrtr has just begun? You sure you didn't throw-in the towel too early, genks?