St. Louis QB AJ Bianco Commits to Nevada

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
warrioram
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Seattle Mariners
NFL: Los Angeles Rams

Re: St. Louis QB AJ Bianco Commits, Doesn't Sign On Early Signing Date

Post by warrioram »

Will probably de-commit. When I heard about his commitment, I thought about Milton, Perry and guys like that. Watch the Pac10 schools go hard after him.

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

transfer portal changes the landscape. It is all about letting the landscape shake out. There are too much talent in the portal. Now that early signing period is over you can now see what talent is available. Unless you are 4-5 star recruit why would any power school want a HS player. The power schools can let the second and third tier schools develop them and if they show the potential swoop in and get them to transfer as Sophs and Jrs. Second and third tier schools can go after 4-5 star players that don't cut it at the power schools. Graham is doing the right thing by holding on to schoolies and getting immediate help and power school talent from the portal. There is no rush and there will be plenty of available talent.

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

warrioram wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:45 pm Will probably de-commit. When I heard about his commitment, I thought about Milton, Perry and guys like that. Watch the Pac10 schools go hard after him.
@warrioram:

Well, if Bianco de-commits, there are other fish in the sea. Sure, he's a good QB. But, there are other good QBs on the island, as well as on the mainland. Bianco is good, but not so good that he's irreplaceable. I'm speaking as a UH alumnus, too.

Go Bows! (I'm in my 60s, and that was the cheer used when I was there. Back then, we were the Rainbows, or "Bows" for short. This was before "Rainbow Warriors" and "Rainbow Wahine".)

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:17 pm
warrioram wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:45 pm Will probably de-commit. When I heard about his commitment, I thought about Milton, Perry and guys like that. Watch the Pac10 schools go hard after him.
@warrioram:

Well, if Bianco de-commits, there are other fish in the sea. Sure, he's a good QB. But, there are other good QBs on the island, as well as on the mainland. Bianco is good, but not so good that he's irreplaceable. I'm speaking as a UH alumnus, too.

Go Bows! (I'm in my 60s, and that was the cheer used when I was there. Back then, we were the Rainbows, or "Bows" for short. This was before "Rainbow Warriors" and "Rainbow Wahine".)
I hope we sign a QB in the next two days from the portal or JC that can be a mid year transfer and be here in the spring. Then bring in a hs QB in the later signing date. Just pass on Bianco already.
ImageImage

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Exaxctly. Recruiting for Hawaii kids is easy for mainland schools. Whoever UH has been following, just make him an offer. If Stanford is interested, will AJ say no? Or be on the next flight out? UH already did all the scouting work.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/aj_bianco/status/1471564277945298945

HS Football Fanatic
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by HS Football Fanatic »

Irse wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:41 am
HS Football Fanatic wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:17 pm
@warrioram:

I hope we sign a QB in the next two days from the portal or JC that can be a mid year transfer and be here in the spring. Then bring in a hs QB in the later signing date. Just pass on Bianco already.
@Irse:

Agree. If Bianco wants to play games, well, UH can, too. If Bianco thinks he's so good that UH is going to kiss-up to him, well, he's not.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

If no scholies left in Feb, he may have to grayshirt

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

That was quick. Mainland school just have to have to look at this forum to see who to sign (steal from UH).

I don't think he is playing games, he is doing what's best for him. Looking at the other thread on the stadium build, play at TC Ching for his college career, or at a real foot ball stadium?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Bianco has been recruited by Nebraska and WSU besides Nevada. Okay, Stutz is out so the offer is no longer there. I would think that if they continue with Frost, that Nebraska is an ideal place for him to go if not Hawaii.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:08 am Bianco has been recruited by Nebraska and WSU besides Nevada. Okay, Stutz is out so the offer is no longer there. I would think that if they continue with Frost, that Nebraska is an ideal place for him to go if not Hawaii.
Not sure if the Nebraska offer is still there. Schools pull offers all of the time.
ImageImage

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

G.A.G
(good as gone).
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

If he has other offers, I'd say he should take it even to walk-on. I don't see him as a slinger nor even really a freak athlete or playmaker...yet. Sad to say but if he comes to UH, our coaches ain't developing him. I feel like Friel even looked better in HS.

Tough to pass up a free education but I'd say even go the JC route like Ta'amu to build muscle into his frame and then could probably be a pretty good QB at a P5 or something

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

If a JUCO player obtains his AA degree this Fall, can’t he simple enroll at UH in January and be immediately put on scholarship? A JUCO player who was an NCAA qualifier out of high school who played only one year of JUCO ball could also transfer, right? I assume that student athletes who enter the transfer portal can transfer to another college before the Spring semester and be put on scholarship too. My thought is based on the fact that student-athletes can sign scholarship agreements which only bind the school at any time, whereas NLIs bind both parties - and the recent early signing period only applies to binding NLIs.

If my understanding is accurate, I assume that UH is still be looking to add portal transfers, grad transfers and JUCO transfers for Spring semester enrollment - which enables the newcomers to get up to speed with a Spring Practice before Fall Camp. That means that if there is a good QB (or others) available, UH can bring him/them on board. Bianco did not sign, so UH needs to be prepared to move on.

If I am in left field, I’m sure you all will let me know.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

Will get more exposure from this weekend's game....and could get more offers if he has a good game performance.... https://twitter.com/polynesiabowl/status/1483237940624969730 https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1482963209820667904