The Curse of Leaving the UH Program

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

The Curse of Leaving the UH Program

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Drew Buggs and Justin Webster were the man playing for the UH basketball team. Now, I think they're just Ritter's Sitters. From Way Downtown was Dru Brown. June Jones suffered the death penality at SMU. I thought we had NBA talent with coach Gib Arnold bringing Shaquile Stokes, and that dude who did a walkoff during a game.

uhwarriors

Re: The Curse of Leaving the UH Program

Post by uhwarriors »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:32 am Drew Buggs and Justin Webster were the man playing for the UH basketball team. Now, I think they're just Ritter's Sitters. From Way Downtown was Dru Brown. June Jones suffered the death penality at SMU. I thought we had NBA talent with coach Gib Arnold bringing Shaquile Stokes, and that dude who did a walkoff during a game.
If you can remember Ritter's Sitters, you've been watching UH basketball for a long time and have a good memory.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Memories are kind of foggy. I memba a comedy bit George Ritter did with former UH broadcaster Mel Proctor on the sports news. George Ritter showed the art of the different styles of sitting on the bench to a deadpan Mel Proctor. I think George Ritter was the player Mel Proctor referred to as "The Pride out of Massapequa, New York. Now, Massapequa, New York is famous for the hometown of Jerry Seinfeld, the Baldwin Brothers, and Joey Buttafuoco.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Walkoff Balk wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:12 pm Memories are kind of foggy. I memba a comedy bit George Ritter did with former UH broadcaster Mel Proctor on the sports news. George Ritter showed the art of the different styles of sitting on the bench to a deadpan Mel Proctor. I think George Ritter was the player Mel Proctor referred to as "The Pride out of Massapequa, New York. Now, Massapequa, New York is famous for the hometown of Jerry Seinfeld, the Baldwin Brothers, and Joey Buttafuoco.
I don't recall any of that. Ritter's sitters is all I remember and only after you mentioned it.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

I remember the crowd going crazy when Jim Wienstroer got into a game during the Fabulous 5 days. His teammates would be trying to get him the ball so he could shoot. I remember when he finally got a shot off, it was an airball. When he scored, the crowd went wild.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

Isaac Fotu might have done the best after leaving the UH basketball program. Isaac Fleming was okay after transferring. He had to leave here because he make habut face when he had to sit on the bench at UH.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

I would add Jamal Farmer Awesome 18 TDs record for a freshman = not playing after leaving UH. No one would even want this talent.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

Duster wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:49 pm I remember the crowd going crazy when Jim Wienstroer got into a game during the Fabulous 5 days. His teammates would be trying to get him the ball so he could shoot. I remember when he finally got a shot off, it was an airball. When he scored, the crowd went wild.
Jim Weinstroer was part of the Fabulous Five team. He was a 6-9 center that only got in the game during blowouts. Great memories.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

uhwarriors wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:32 pm
Walkoff Balk wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:12 pm Memories are kind of foggy. I memba a comedy bit George Ritter did with former UH broadcaster Mel Proctor on the sports news. George Ritter showed the art of the different styles of sitting on the bench to a deadpan Mel Proctor. I think George Ritter was the player Mel Proctor referred to as "The Pride out of Massapequa, New York. Now, Massapequa, New York is famous for the hometown of Jerry Seinfeld, the Baldwin Brothers, and Joey Buttafuoco.
I don't recall any of that. Ritter's sitters is all I remember and only after you mentioned it.
Wasn't George Ritter the guy who wore the puka shell necklace?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

My3Cats wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:05 am
uhwarriors wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:32 pm
Wasn't George Ritter the guy who wore the puka shell necklace?
I seem to recall that. I also think Henry Hollingsworth wore one too - with big puka shells.

Walkoff Balk
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by Walkoff Balk »

When Henry Hollingsworth got hot on the basketball court. Les Keiter would say, "He's got a beat on the bucket."