Rainbow Wahine Basketball Roster ‘21-‘22

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, and All Other UH Sports
roygbivs
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Milwaukee, ATL
NBA: Boston [NHL:Vancouver]
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Rainbow Wahine Basketball Roster ‘21-‘22

Post by roygbivs »

https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/wome ... /2021-2022

Surprised #11 Olivia Davies not listed here. She had game experience from last season

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Rainbow Wahine Basketball Roster ‘21-‘22

Post by shrek2 »

Yeah, I liked how Davies played too. But, it seems like they picked up a couple of good looking centers that may be able to make a difference.

roygbivs
First guy off the bench
First guy off the bench
MLB: Milwaukee, ATL
NBA: Boston [NHL:Vancouver]
NFL: Dallas Cowboys

Post by roygbivs »

Agreed. These C’s looking like they can both move and you can’t teach height. Very interesting team this season, hopefully can gel quickly.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

roygbivs wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:31 am https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/wome ... /2021-2022

Surprised #11 Olivia Davies not listed here. She had game experience from last season
She's back on the '21-'22 roster....
https://hawaiiathletics.com/sports/wome ... vies/19454

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

roygbivs wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:32 pm Agreed. These C’s looking like they can both move and you can’t teach height. Very interesting team this season, hopefully can gel quickly.
I think Coach Beeman finally has the team that she envisioned. She has all of the pieces from 1 to 5. Amy Atwell returning for one more year is huge. Calhoun, Phillips, Davies, Imai are also back after playing significant minutes last year. Spiller and Donnelly, with Division I experience at the 5, really complete the puzzle. There is the flexibility to include a twin towers rotation. If Haire is the 3 pt. shooter that I think she is, this will be the most complete team that Coach Beeman has ever had to me. Perhaps it's just me building and riding my own hype train, but I like this a lot.

The odd thing is that the roster used to have incoming frosh Asha Andrews and Trinity Slocum on it. They are not on the roster now but Hallie Birdsong from Kalani was added. Hmm.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Duster wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:03 pm
roygbivs wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:32 pm Agreed. These C’s looking like they can both move and you can’t teach height. Very interesting team this season, hopefully can gel quickly.
I think Coach Beeman finally has the team that she envisioned. She has all of the pieces from 1 to 5. Amy Atwell returning for one more year is huge. Calhoun, Phillips, Davies, Imai are also back after playing significant minutes last year. Spiller and Donnelly, with Division I experience at the 5, really complete the puzzle. There is the flexibility to include a twin towers rotation. If Haire is the 3 pt. shooter that I think she is, this will be the most complete team that Coach Beeman has ever had to me. Perhaps it's just me building and riding my own hype train, but I like this a lot.

The odd thing is that the roster used to have incoming frosh Asha Andrews and Trinity Slocum on it. They are not on the roster now but Hallie Birdsong from Kalani was added. Hmm.
Could it be because of the Covid vaccine mandate you think?
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

My3Cats wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:13 am

For Asha Andrews, I don't think so. England (and UK countries) have vaccination rates of over 80% for two doses. As long as we are speculating, maybe a Student VISA issue like Janks had or similar, or NCAA compliance issue? Amanda Paterson is still at UH, currently as Assistant Athletics Director - Compliance/Eligibility: https://hawaiiathletics.com/staff-direc ... aterson/31. LOL.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Interesting names on the incoming roster with Lois Tarkanian. Could she be related to the late, great Jerry Tarkanian of the Runnin' Rebs? Jerry was married to a Lois. If she starts biting a towel when on the bench, there would definitely be a similarity.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:40 pm Interesting names on the incoming roster with Lois Tarkanian. Could she be related to the late, great Jerry Tarkanian of the Runnin' Rebs? Jerry was married to a Lois. If she starts biting a towel when on the bench, there would definitely be a similarity.
Yes, she is his granddaughter, and if she starts chewing a towel on the bench, we'll know that it's genetic.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Duster wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:57 am

For Asha Andrews, I don't think so. England (and UK countries) have vaccination rates of over 80% for two doses. As long as we are speculating, maybe a Student VISA issue like Janks had or similar, or NCAA compliance issue? Amanda Paterson is still at UH, currently as Assistant Athletics Director - Compliance/Eligibility: https://hawaiiathletics.com/staff-direc ... aterson/31. LOL.
Amanda Paterson. That name says it all.

Duster
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Duster »

My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:16 am

In fairness to her, I think that as long as she's at UH, compliance issues will be nipped in the bud or mitigated.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Duster wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:43 pm
My3Cats wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:16 am

In fairness to her, I think that as long as she's at UH, compliance issues will be nipped in the bud or mitigated.
I have no problems with that. She had to contend with Gib, so kudos to her for sticking to her guns.