UH Will Play at Ching Field - 100% Capacity Being Allowed

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Re: UH Will Play at Ching Field

Post by st808 »

uhwarriors wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:15 am https://twitter.com/HawaiiAthletics/status/1427314215308742656
just noticed the mural on the mauka side of ching field. how long has it been there? i don't remember seeing it whenever i drove through the quarry. is that the entry to the field? so many questions.

FatJeff
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by FatJeff »

Haven't been to a game yet, and that will be the real chance to judge the set up. But, I get the feeling that having to leave Aloha Stadium will be the best thing to happen to UH Football in a long time.

uhwarriors

Re: padded seats with backs available for ching field stadium seats

Post by uhwarriors »

st808 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:32 pm
My3Cats wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:17 pm With the cushioned seats with backs being installed onto the benches, I wonder if the purchaser gets to keep the seat after the season is over?
sounds like the u.h. will only be renting the seats for the season. not sure if each will be marked with the seat location so you get the same seat to imprint with your uniqueness. as you said, it's good to know someone at the u.h. is listening.
At other stadiums I've been to rent them. I think UH is renting them too. If the foam is a high quality memory form, it's not going to be "indented".

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

st808 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:54 pm
uhwarriors wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:15 am https://twitter.com/HawaiiAthletics/status/1427314215308742656
just noticed the mural on the mauka side of ching field. how long has it been there? i don't remember seeing it whenever i drove through the quarry. is that the entry to the field? so many questions.
The mural has been there since the complex was built. I think when driving by, our eyes are focused on the road or a street level along the complex.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

FatJeff wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:52 pm Haven't been to a game yet, and that will be the real chance to judge the set up. But, I get the feeling that having to leave Aloha Stadium will be the best thing to happen to UH Football in a long time.
Totally agree. Even spring games under the lights had a good vibe. Actual games on our own field on campus is going to be really different and fun.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Coming home episode 6.

Link

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

welp...https://twitter.com/HawaiiAthletics/status/1428824046775402502

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

poidog wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:13 am welp...https://twitter.com/HawaiiAthletics/status/1428824046775402502
I’m so emotional about this. Ive never seen a live sporting event in person since 2019. I understand the decision but it still sucks. If only the people would’ve gotten vaccinated and avoided what’s happening in the ICUs. I also feel for UH and how much money they put into Ching field. Now they’re going to lose even more money this fall.

uhwarriors

Post by uhwarriors »

couz808 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:36 am
poidog wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:13 am welp...https://twitter.com/HawaiiAthletics/status/1428824046775402502
I’m so emotional about this. Ive never seen a live sporting event in person since 2019. I understand the decision but it still sucks. If only the people would’ve gotten vaccinated and avoided what’s happening in the ICUs. I also feel for UH and how much money they put into Ching field. Now they’re going to lose even more money this fall.
I not surprised at all with the current number of Covid cases. I was hoping for some kind of reduced capacity, but was kind of expecting this. Hopefully the cases decrease and we can get to see some games live later in the season.

st808
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by st808 »

it's been nothing but good faith from the u.h. with its determination to build their own stadium after being blindsided by the state's stadium commission. that the u.h. got this close to having a home game with 9,000 fans in the stands is impressive. hope we can see a home game this year. probably going to roll over unused seat money to next year while donating the seat premiums to the u.h. this year.

keep building ching field up as the state still hasn't gotten around to demolishing aloha stadium yet. probably won't see another stadium until after 2025 with the state inertia coupled with shortages of materials due to covid.

poidog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by poidog »

st808 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:47 am it's been nothing but good faith from the u.h. with its determination to build their own stadium after being blindsided by the state's stadium commission. that the u.h. got this close to having a home game with 9,000 fans in the stands is impressive. hope we can see a home game this year. probably going to roll over unused seat money to next year while donating the seat premiums to the u.h. this year.

keep building ching field up as the state still hasn't gotten around to demolishing aloha stadium yet. probably won't see another stadium until after 2025 with the state inertia coupled with shortages of materials due to covid.
1000% agree. I still have faith that we'll get to see a game in person this season.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Re: UH Will Play at Ching Field - But No Fans For Now

Post by UnBiasFan »

Vaccinated people are now being punished. This makes no sense.

couz808
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by couz808 »

I have a feeling there would be no fans this UH athletic season unless people start getting vaccinated or were in a lockdown.

UnBiasFan
All-American
All-American

Post by UnBiasFan »

couz808 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:06 pm I have a feeling there would be no fans this UH athletic season unless people start getting vaccinated or were in a lockdown.
The sad thing is that government is always inside their idiotic box. Why not allow at least a few hundred vaccinated senior citizens, player family members, and vaccinated students in the stands? I mean we have supporters that are no threat to anyone. Have a lottery and vaccination requirement and put at least some folks in the stands.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

I don't quite understand it. If the new surge is of the unvaccinated and they were going to allow only the vaccinated, then why have no fans? Make them wear masks too, plus it's otdoors. Politicians want to wield their power although what they do makes no sense.
ImageImage