NBA Playoffs Thread 2020-2021

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin
MLB: KC
NBA: NYK, PHI, LAL, SAS

NBA Playoffs Thread 2020-2021

Post by ubercow »

not a fan of those playoff play-in games they setup. was ok with it for the bubble since they had that huge break, but sucks for the players since they just played a whole time-condensed season.

no overwhelming favorites this year, especially in the west and that's a nice change. I'll pick sixers and suns to reach the finals

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread 2020-2021

Post by ubercow »

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1394144547735736322
in the west, picking memphis, lakers over gsw, gsw over memphis
in the east, picking hornets, wizards over celtics, and celtics over hornets

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

just filled an NBA playoffs pick'em and I learned I seriously have no clue who's going to win either division this year.

Created a private group, 'sportshawaii' password 'sh'. If more than 5 people join before it starts (~9 days left to enter), I'll give a prize to the group winner like those guess the score football contests.

https://on.nba.com/33EKwtC?cid=nba:pick ... roupinvite

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

GSW almost surprised the LAL. LAL was predicted by 20 over GSW according to some experts but LAL was just too physical for GSW.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

shrek2 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:25 am GSW almost surprised the LAL. LAL was predicted by 20 over GSW according to some experts but LAL was just too physical for GSW.
that was a really good game, and 3 out of the 4 games so far were good games. I still think it kinda sucks for the players this season, but I could be swayed into having these every year if it's during a full-length season.

I'm picking wizards over pacers and warriors over grizz

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

GSW just didn't have enough talent to beat Memphis. Didn't expect them to be in the playoffs this year. It was just a matter of time for this patch together team. I'd have to say the Nets have all the talent in the world and if they don't win, big disappointment for New York fans.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

interesting first few games. expected the brooklyn and milwaukee 2-0, seriously didn't expect the dallas 2-0..

had to adjust my pick'em picks, still have a couple days to submit.

https://on.nba.com/33EKwtC?cid=nba:pick ... roupinvite

Private group, 'sportshawaii' password 'sh'. If more than 5 people join before it starts, I'll give a prize to the group winner like in the 'guess the score' football contests.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

lol, all of the teams I cheer for are out in round 1. guess I'm cheering for my second tier faves now: utah, denver, and everyone playing against the nets, just because I don't like stacked teams.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

A lot of remaining teams are sentimental favorites.

Jazz—because of Mark Eaton’s death
76ers—Shawn Bradley, who was paralyzed earlier this year, started his career with them
Suns—coach is Monty Williams, whose wife died a couple of years ago
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Wherever Kevin Durant is, they're going to be a contender. Even in the loss against Milwaukee which made the series 2-1 Nets, he took charge in the end and made crucial baskets, took the ball up the court, could pass off. They always talk about LeBron, Curry, Jordan, etc being the GOAT but, KD is special.

ubercow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ubercow »

second tier faves are now out, lol. still watching tho because all the games are very competitive. i'm leaning suns in the west and the east is a toss-up, could see a 4-1 done by either team.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

One good thing about the early departure of team favorites is that KD will now be playing in the Summer Olympics along with Draymond Green and Damien Lillard.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Stephen A Smith said it best: Damian Lillard will never win a ring in Portland without a better sidekick.
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

I was always amazed when Damian Lillard would be falling as he drove to the basket but still made the basket and have a +1 on the personal. That's why I think he and Green are perfect for the International game since it's more physical than the NBA. At this point in the playoffs, I'd give the Milwaukee Bucks the edge with Antetokounmbo.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

shrek2 wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:46 am I was always amazed when Damian Lillard would be falling as he drove to the basket but still made the basket and have a +1 on the personal. That's why I think he and Green are perfect for the International game since it's more physical than the NBA. At this point in the playoffs, I'd give the Milwaukee Bucks the edge with Antetokounmbo.
Don't know if that's still a safe prediction.