McDonald to the Titans in the 7th round

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
daddy
Starter
Starter
MLB: Kansas City Royals
NFL: Chiefs and any team w/CB

Re: McDonald to the Titans in the 7th round

Post by daddy »

shrek2 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:33 am I blame his agent whoever he was.
The reality is that if agents made their money based on how successful they were with their 7th round picks, most all of them would go hungry. Cole wasn’t signed to the Titans practice squad, then had a tryout with the Panthers and wasn’t signed to theirs either. Hopefully he continues to work and gets another opportunity but he may just simply be not good enough to play in the NFL, which is okay, most people aren’t.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

daddy wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:41 am
The reality is that if agents made their money based on how successful they were with their 7th round picks, most all of them would go hungry. Cole wasn’t signed to the Titans practice squad, then had a tryout with the Panthers and wasn’t signed to theirs either. Hopefully he continues to work and gets another opportunity but he may just simply be not good enough to play in the NFL, which is okay, most people aren’t.
I guess there's two things that I want to mention. I only have disdain for attorneys out of California not Hawaii as some of my good friends are attorneys in Hawaii. The other is, I really didn't think Cole was ready to come out for the draft. I was really hoping he'd come out after his senior year and at least graduated with what he started out with as a major in business. I wanted him to stay another year not for my sake in watching UH football but for his sake in blossoming as a better NFL prospect. Now hopefully, he stays in Socal and works out with some of the local teams there.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:52 am
daddy wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 12:41 am
I guess there's two things that I want to mention. I only have disdain for attorneys out of California not Hawaii as some of my good friends are attorneys in Hawaii. The other is, I really didn't think Cole was ready to come out for the draft. I was really hoping he'd come out after his senior year and at least graduated with what he started out with as a major in business. I wanted him to stay another year not for my sake in watching UH football but for his sake in blossoming as a better NFL prospect. Now hopefully, he stays in Socal and works out with some of the local teams there.
I didn't think he was ready to be a pro QB. He got pulled multiple times by Rolo. That in itself would tell me something about his QB play. I think he just got tired of school and I don't know how well he and Rolo got along.
ImageImage

dakineguy
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dakineguy »

Cole is in the Spring League team the Conquerers
GO WARRIORS !!! PLAY HARD!!!!
Ohana Makou
ex-lounge lizard, ex-stair creature, ex-Jhaller

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Looks like the Spring League, the player has to pay for his own way. Hopefully, he'll get in shape for the reopening of the XFL in 2022 or be spotted by scouts for the NFL. Good to know though, thanks for posting.

Neighbor
All-conference
All-conference

Post by Neighbor »

https://twitter.com/TheSpringLeague/status/1326376625982885889 he only got to play a few minutes of garbage time before it shut down due to COVID. Jerry Glanville was HC and June Jones was OC of that team too. Looks like Cole is staying busy according to his IG. The Spring League is supposed to be back for 2021 so we'll see. If not, hopefully the XFL in 2022. I think he'd be a superstar there

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

His mechanics look very much improved

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

Glad to see the sleeve is complete.