Bubba Wa'a transfers to Texas St

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
sarvicdar
Starter
Starter

Bubba Wa'a transfers to Texas St

Post by sarvicdar »

Taking A Look At Bubba Waa's Career

Now that it has come to a close it is shame.

For here is player that you can clearly see is better than the players ahead of him. As a true freshmen last season the 6'2" 310 Offensive Guard caught my eye, turned my head and prompted me to write (then) why he wasn't playing more.

In the few snaps Waa took in 2019 he graded a 90.8 in pass blocking according to pff.com. Of the 169 snaps he took he pass blocked for 117 plays and run blocked for 52 plays (39.8 grade). Of his pass blocking he allowed no sacks, no hits, no hurries, and no pressures. In other words Waa was near perfect in the four games he played in-Nevada, UNLV, Army and BYU all of which were in wins for Hawaii.

Waa imo was another Dejon Allen type player (LT for 2015 team) and had the same kind of trajectory imo-improving a little each year and someday playing in the NFL.

To me it's incredulous that his current coaches didn't take notice of the potential this player has. There's film. There's grades. There's looking at the players ahead of him.

At the start of this season Waa was second fiddle again, which made no sense imo. He got in 5 plays against Fresno and 2 against Wyoming before, I guess, deciding to transfer out. It's too bad the coaches can't see the better player.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Taking A Look At Bubba Waa's Career

Post by SundayJam »

Uhmmm...do you have any idea of how many storied UH lineman have served in the NFL? Do you seriously think any coach...anywhere...would ignore blue-chip talent? I do hope Bubba gets his due. I pray.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Maybe it's the grade of 39.8 on running plays that kept him on the bench along with playing behind one of the best guards in the conference.
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/kaimana54/status/1340413443912781825 https://twitter.com/kaimana54/status/1329535399148961792

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

From UH to Texas State? Wow, he should have stayed at UH.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Irse wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:45 pm From UH to Texas State? Wow, he should have stayed at UH.
Next year he still would have been a RSFr. With 6 current Oline guys getting their degree today. No doubt he would have seen significant PT in his next 3 years at Hawaii.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

He should fit in well with a name like Bubba.

cabanalane
All-American
All-American

Post by cabanalane »

A look at his career? Not much to see. I mean, more like he would have been great at UH. All upside. Too bad he is leaving.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Re: Bubba Wa'a transfers to Texas St

Post by kapakahi »

https://twitter.com/TXSTATEFOOTBALL/status/1343632813560631296

BigWave96744

Re: Bubba Wa'a transfers to Texas St

Post by BigWave96744 »

Stoked to see him get in get in early so he can participate in spring camp