Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:38 am I think ACA and pro-choice are admirable rights that do not concern me personally. What bothers me most about this circus is the introduction of fascism by the Republican party and Trump. This whole disregard of science, law, and decency has got me riled up. The Republicans want to suppress the vote. This is a nation governed at the request of the people. Trump and the Republican party: stand down, and do not stand ready.
Do you know what ACA is all about? It is the Affordable Care Act which does not allow for issues with health insurance companies providing for people with pre-existing conditions. This means that anybody with diabetes, heart conditions, asthma and other respiratory illnesses will be dropped or have to pay more for insurance and health care. This is especially important with this pandemic. This means that more people will be out there left to die because they can't afford health care. Even if you may not have relatives or friends in the US that have pre-existing conditions, I hope that you support those people that do.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:49 pm
SundayJam wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:38 am I think ACA and pro-choice are admirable rights that do not concern me personally. What bothers me most about this circus is the introduction of fascism by the Republican party and Trump. This whole disregard of science, law, and decency has got me riled up. The Republicans want to suppress the vote. This is a nation governed at the request of the people. Trump and the Republican party: stand down, and do not stand ready.
Do you know what ACA is all about? It is the Affordable Care Act which does not allow for issues with health insurance companies providing for people with pre-existing conditions. This means that anybody with diabetes, heart conditions, asthma and other respiratory illnesses will be dropped or have to pay more for insurance and health care. This is especially important with this pandemic. This means that more people will be out there left to die because they can't afford health care. Even if you may not have relatives or friends in the US that have pre-existing conditions, I hope that you support those people that do.
I'm offended by the lack of regard for fellow Americans. The Tea Party and Trump are just an abomination. I hope the Senate, the White House, and more governorships flip.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:40 am
shrek2 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:49 pm
I'm offended by the lack of regard for fellow Americans. The Tea Party and Trump are just an abomination. I hope the Senate, the White House, and more governorships flip.
The statement above on the Affordable Care Act is inscrutable. First ACA does not allow for discrimination of health insurance companies against people with pre-existing conditions. If ACA is stuck down by the Trump Administration with SCOTUS on Nov 10th, then there will be higher charges on premiums and out of pocket expenses for people with pre-existing conditions. Thus, this means that Covid-19 which causes death in people with pre-existing conditions will likely have a higher death rate due to the affordability of staying in the hospital without the right kind of insurance. Ultimately, it may mean that people who have the money will be able to survive the pandemic while people who don't have the money will not.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Yeah...you missed my point. I don't care at all about 'moral' nonsense. Moral equinox runs on both sides of the divide. We should vote for the man who will do the right thing. To me, Trump is nothing more than a TV personality, much the same as Ronald Reagan was. Why do Republicans continue to worship these cult personalities?

I am for leadership. How can voters miss the fact that America leads the world in infections and deaths despite being one of the last to be affected? We all watched the train-wreck unfold and sadly, America is still paying the price. Sure, you can quote Biden accusing Trump of Xenophobia as an excuse for Trump's failure to secure America. I see things differently. Trump holds super-spreader rallies and promotes injecting bleach into the body on national TV.

Also, how can one justify giving the rich a tax break at the expense of social programs and infrastructure? Whose gonna pay that bill in years to come? All of a sudden, Republicans don't care about the deficit. After 4 years, how much of that useless wall has Trump built? Has Trump improved the infrastructure of America at all?

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

It's amazing that coronavirus has turned into a political football. Scott Atlas turning on Fauci because of the election.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... d=msedgntp
Meanwhile, Trump and company are not doing anything to help with the highest infections in the country because he's concentrating on trying to turn the democracy into a dictatorship. And, nothing is being done at the Federal level.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-s ... d=msedgntp

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Trump and the Republican party are responsible for the lamentations bestowed upon this great country. I'm sorry, but the whole, I'm not to blame, excuse has worn thin. Republicans and the cult of Trump must recognize that America is not the same as Russia, China, or North Korea. Let that sink in Republicans: Russia, China, and North Korea do not acknowledge Biden as the president elect.

Link

This is just plain crazy....

Link

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Trump downplayed Covid-19 when he received probably the best care possible from Walter Reed.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... r-BB19Lf7f
On Monday evening, Trump tweeted that he’s feeling “better than I did 20 years ago” and added, “don’t be afraid of COVID.” And on Tuesday morning, he tweeted: “Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!”
Unfortunately people have been listening to him for a long time which includes the Governor of Utah just recently mandating the use of facemasks.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... d=msedgntp
"It's frustrating that people brush [coronavirus] off as just the flu, because for some people it's not, for some people, it costs their life," she said, choking up. "My kids don't get their grandma, my mom will never see my kids get married."

As Covid-19 cases continue to climb across Utah, Wootton said she hopes her pain will serve as a warning for other families.

"I do think it's avoidable if everyone listened to the health care professionals and wore their face masks in public, washed their hands, socially distanced and kept their group size smaller," she said. "If you're not concerned about your own health, do it as a concern for someone else. We could save lives just by wearing a mask and just by thinking of someone else other than ourselves."
Too many people are drinking the Koolaid.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Say goodbye to Trump's cabinet. I think this didn't quite capture all the villains.
They missed the secretary of transportation.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

We're actually in a national state of emergency because besides the people dying and getting sick, the economy is really going downhill for small businesses affected by the shutdown. Congress and the Whitehouse needs to work on the second stimulus bill to stop the bleeding. Stop bitching about the election and get on with living for the future.

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

SundayJam wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:32 am

Link

Say goodbye to Trump's cabinet. I think this didn't quite capture all the villains.
They missed the secretary of transportation.
Good riddance indeed!
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

How the British see this nonsense from the outside.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Scott Atlas who is supposedly a medical expert, is recommending insurrection against Michigan and Governor Whitmer.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/ ... uxbndlbing
Where does Stanford get these idiots like Atlas and Condoleezza Rice who declared WMD for Bush. What an embarrassment for the University.

Okay, so Stanford is trying to back off from Scott Atlas but they already made the mistake of hiring him in the first place.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaeltni ... f728702222
“The university has been asked to comment on recent statements made by Dr. Scott Atlas, a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution who is on leave of absence from that position.

Stanford’s position on managing the pandemic in our community is clear. We support using masks, social distancing, and conducting surveillance and diagnostic testing. We also believe in the importance of strictly following the guidance of local and state health authorities.

Dr. Atlas has expressed views that are inconsistent with the university’s approach in response to the pandemic. Dr. Atlas’s statements reflect his personal views, not those of the Hoover Institution or the university.”
Get that xray technician out of Washington!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Bi-partisan appeal to the public to stay safe from the Midwestern Governors (why isn't there a Mideast?).
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/midwe ... d=msedgdhp
To Governor Whitmer, you go girl!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

How is it that America, one of the last to be affected by this pandemic, is the worst/most affected? How is it that Trump still got so many votes despite being so incompetent? How is it that Trump cannot concede defeat?!!! Oh, I know.