Will top Juniors and Seniors just prepare for the NFL?

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
BigWave96744

Will top Juniors and Seniors just prepare for the NFL?

Post by BigWave96744 »

Even if football is moved to the spring, will many top Juniors and Seniors opt out of college football and prepare for thr NFL pro day?
Manning, Stovall, Smart?
Maybe even some of the transfers as well?

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Re: Will top Juniors and Seniors just prepare for the NFL?

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:19 pm Even if football is moved to the spring, will many top Juniors and Seniors opt out of college football and prepare for thr NFL pro day?
Manning, Stovall, Smart?
Maybe even some of the transfers as well?
I would think only the sure fire 1st and 2nd rounders. None of our guys should.
ImageImage

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

I would think anyone Jr or Sr projected to be a late round pick should prep for Pro Day. Never know if you get an offer like Cole McDonald. Problem with staying is you never know what will happen if players, coaches, trainers etc catch Corona in season.

Irse

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:24 pm I would think anyone Jr or Sr projected to be a late round pick should prep for Pro Day. Never know if you get an offer like Cole McDonald. Problem with staying is you never know what will happen if players, coaches, trainers etc catch Corona in season.
If that's the case, I see Manning as the only one. Stovall, had off field issues. He could have just done his pro day last year and gone to the NFL. I think he wants to prove that he can be a team player this year. I don't see Smart as a late round pick.
ImageImage

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

I don't see any of the Bows as being that good to enter the draft without playing this season. The only thing that will cause Juniors and Seniors to jump is the inability to complete their coursework. This brings up another funky situation where, if the MWC allows eligibility for Seniors to comeback, what happens to the scholarships?

Irse

Post by Irse »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:55 am I don't see any of the Bows as being that good to enter the draft without playing this season. The only thing that will cause Juniors and Seniors to jump is the inability to complete their coursework. This brings up another funky situation where, if the MWC allows eligibility for Seniors to comeback, what happens to the scholarships?
I think they will increase the allowable scholarships if the school can afford it.
ImageImage

TheDuke
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by TheDuke »

The school can not afford it. The question is how many players will drop out and go home and how many coaches will have to leave.

BigWave96744

Post by BigWave96744 »

Alabama coach Nick Saban thinks opt-outs would turn spring football into JV
ALEX SCARBOROUGH
ESPN Staff Writer
9:06 AM ET

Alabama coach Nick Saban questioned the viability of a spring football season during his appearance on ESPN's Get Up on Tuesday, asking whether pro prospects would even consider participating.

"I think one of the real consequences of this is, if you're a junior or a senior and you have an NFL grade, are you going to play in the spring?" Saban said. "Or is that going to become sort of a JV season with a lot of these juniors and seniors opting out?"
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... atform=amp

Irse

Post by Irse »

BigWave96744 wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:48 am
Alabama coach Nick Saban thinks opt-outs would turn spring football into JV
ALEX SCARBOROUGH
ESPN Staff Writer
9:06 AM ET

Alabama coach Nick Saban questioned the viability of a spring football season during his appearance on ESPN's Get Up on Tuesday, asking whether pro prospects would even consider participating.

"I think one of the real consequences of this is, if you're a junior or a senior and you have an NFL grade, are you going to play in the spring?" Saban said. "Or is that going to become sort of a JV season with a lot of these juniors and seniors opting out?"
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... atform=amp
That may be the case but if the option is no football, would he prefer that?
ImageImage

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »