Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Post by wyokie »

ubercow wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:29 am
My3Cats wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:45 am Besides, Brazil has some really hot women down in the south, but probably not in the north?
too vague of a statement. wyokie may say they're literally 'hotter' :firedevil: in the north because they're closer to the equator.
:roll:

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

As of at least this past Wednesday, everyone is required to wear masks here in Oklahoma. No idea if there's a fine if you are caught without one. I'm O.K. with this for two reasons: 1. I'm disabled and in an electric wheelchair (celebral palsy) thus I'm of the at-risk part of the population & 2. if everyone had just from the stupid start wore their masks, this mess would end quicker and have sports again!!!!

The two biggest mistakes to this jackass of a year has been making this pandemic political (and yes, I'm guilty of it as well!!!) and the idiots who need to gripe about racism and using that to burn down parts of cities AND try to topple statues. :roll:

I'll end this rant with this....our species (and YES...we are a species) is by far the dumbest on this planet. It's no wonder no aliens actually visit and say hi to us.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:59 pm As of at least this past Wednesday, everyone is required to wear masks here in Oklahoma. No idea if there's a fine if you are caught without one. I'm O.K. with this for two reasons: 1. I'm disabled and in an electric wheelchair (celebral palsy) thus I'm of the at-risk part of the population & 2. if everyone had just from the stupid start wore their masks, this mess would end quicker and have sports again!!!!

The two biggest mistakes to this jackass of a year has been making this pandemic political (and yes, I'm guilty of it as well!!!) and the idiots who need to gripe about racism and using that to burn down parts of cities AND try to topple statues. :roll:

I'll end this rant with this....our species (and YES...we are a species) is by far the dumbest on this planet. It's no wonder no aliens actually visit and say hi to us.
We'll be okay. Much of what we are afraid of losing is not important. With time, life goes on.

Racism and police reform are actually separate issues. It's been a long time coming. People burning things and looting are a symptom and not the cause. I don't condone these things, but I understand the rage that caused it.

I also bought into the stupidity of...oh, this is just like the flu. Luckily, I was in a country where people said...yeah, shut up and wear a mask. Wash your hands and stay away from large crowds. 3 to 4 weeks, people...that's all it takes.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

Mexicans keep Americans out of Mexico.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/me ... -ntp-feeds
They need to keep the illegal Americans out of Mexico.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

shrek2 wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:34 pm Mexicans keep Americans out of Mexico.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/me ... -ntp-feeds
They need to keep the illegal Americans out of Mexico.

:D

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Canada has beaten the virus. Mr. Trump, give your buddy Trudeau a call and ask him how he did it.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Once again, Trump promotes the spread of Covid-19. South Dakota...no masks...no social distancing. This is not science.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Why the US might be worst off than other countries in fighting Covid-19

Post by shrek2 »

There seems to be lots of cases of people who resort to not using a mask for the sake of making a statement about individual rights. In the article below, the woman who is the CEO of a PR firm tears down the masks at a Target Store in Scottsdale, AZ. She is later arrested and claims she works for Donald Trump and her work is classified.
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/xan ... 21284.html
The article sites other examples of people in the news that have refused to wear masks. Lots of Karens.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

US is hitting record high infections and maxing at hospital capacities.
Trump tells us to suck it up. Asia, Europe, and Canada have defeated this virus for real...not fake.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Do your damn job, Mr. President!

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Sad story of a 17 year old Florida teen who attended a church party (bad news for Desantis via Trump) died of Covid-19 and given hydroxychloroquine which appears to have cause worsened conditions and died. Tough to hear these sad stories of people listening to the powers that be that are giving bad advice and people taking them literally.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-hig ... -dhp-feeds

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

shrek2 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:03 am Sad story of a 17 year old Florida teen who attended a church party (bad news for Desantis via Trump) died of Covid-19 and given hydroxychloroquine which appears to have cause worsened conditions and died. Tough to hear these sad stories of people listening to the powers that be that are giving bad advice and people taking them literally.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-hig ... -dhp-feeds
How Trump has inspired ignorance among the masses by taking hydroxychloroquine as PM.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/the-c ... -ntp-feeds

My3Cats
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by My3Cats »

Sad to hear. But sadder that there are many out there who follow every word that our Dear Leader The Donald says.
Cats don't have owners. Cats have servants.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

This whole scenario is frustrating to watch from the outside as an expat. We had hopes of re-opening the borders here, but no one else seems to be following scientific guidelines...America least of all.
Travel bubbles are likely to be delayed after several countries eyed for the scheme have seen a resurgence of Covid-19 cases, according to the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT).

CAAT director-general Chula Sukmanop said even though talks about travel bubble arrangements are being thrashed out with a number of countries including China, Japan and South Korea, the scheme will be put on hold due to a spike in infections. He said Thailand will be closely monitoring the Covid-19 situation this month.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... put-on-ice

We haven't had any locally spread covid19 for almost a month and a half already. Commerce, locally, is wide open, but everyone still wears a mask, washes hands, and practices social distancing. Well, complete social distancing is impossible in an open economy, but we are aware of it. Point is we didn't reopen until the curve was squashed. America reopened while the pandemic still raged.
No new cases of novel coronavirus were reported in Thailand over the previous 24 hours, the government said on Tuesday, along with no additional deaths.

The total number of cases remains at 3,195, and the death toll at 58.

The number of recovered patients remained at 3,072, leaving 65 still hospitalised.

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration said that of the 3,195 accumulated cases, 2,444 contracted the disease locally, while 258 were diagnosed in state quarantine facilities -- including every single infection diagnosed over the past 43 days.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... nd-tuesday

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: Why the US might be worst off than other countries in fighting Covid-19

Post by shrek2 »

shrek2 wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:47 am There seems to be lots of cases of people who resort to not using a mask for the sake of making a statement about individual rights. In the article below, the woman who is the CEO of a PR firm tears down the masks at a Target Store in Scottsdale, AZ. She is later arrested and claims she works for Donald Trump and her work is classified.
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/xan ... 21284.html
The article sites other examples of people in the news that have refused to wear masks. Lots of Karens.
Yet another Karen from Illinois claiming white power and not wearing a mask.
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/xan ... 13813.html