SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: 2020 season

Post by SundayJam »

sarvicdar wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:55 am Regarding the MWC team-
No Bethley?
The sophomore DB led the team in tackles, 2TFL, 2INT
Best DB for Hawaii...or not. What about...all the other great DB's last year? I'm not talking about Hawaii. Although, we had some great senior DB's last year too. It's a preseason all-star team. It doesn't mean anything. Bethely's got two more years with what looks to be a pretty good coaching package. End of the year accolades are much better.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Post by shrek2 »

SundayJam wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:19 am
No Bethley?
Best DB for Hawaii...or not. What about...all the other great DB's last year? I'm not talking about Hawaii. Although, we had some great senior DB's last year too. It's a preseason all-star team. It doesn't mean anything. Bethely's got two more years with what looks to be a pretty good coaching package. End of the year accolades are much better.
Khoury Bethley was my favorite since his freshman year. When he hits the receivers, they do not fall forward and he seems to be at the right place on the middle routes. What also impresses me about this young man is that he eats a healthy salad at the pre-Bowl buffet. He has the makings of a professional. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

No Bethley?
bethley is one of the best pure tacklers in recent memory.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Dudes...not one defensive player from Hawaii made the all MWC team last year...1st or 2nd team. The honorable mentions last year were: Cortez Davis, Jr., DB; Rojesterman Farris II, Sr., DB; Solomon Matautia, Sr., LB; Kaimana Padello, Sr., DL; Gene Pryor, OL; Taaga Tuulima, Jr., OL; Blessman Ta‘ala, So., DL.

WhTF is Khoury Bethley? LOL...prove me wrong, son. Prove me wrong.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

SundayJam wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:38 am Dudes...not one defensive player from Hawaii made the all MWC team last year...1st or 2nd team. The honorable mentions last year were: Cortez Davis, Jr., DB; Rojesterman Farris II, Sr., DB; Solomon Matautia, Sr., LB; Kaimana Padello, Sr., DL; Gene Pryor, OL; Taaga Tuulima, Jr., OL; Blessman Ta‘ala, So., DL.

lol.sunday jam is having a meltdown.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

kalua pig wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:58 pm
SundayJam wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:38 am Dudes...not one defensive player from Hawaii made the all MWC team last year...1st or 2nd team. The honorable mentions last year were: Cortez Davis, Jr., DB; Rojesterman Farris II, Sr., DB; Solomon Matautia, Sr., LB; Kaimana Padello, Sr., DL; Gene Pryor, OL; Taaga Tuulima, Jr., OL; Blessman Ta‘ala, So., DL.

Nah...and pahLEEZE...we haven't had a good D since Aranda left the house. Still, the crew seemed to have finally acquired the ability to make tackles last year. Much love to Blessman for being my favorite nose-guard since...Die-RECT-o.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

SundayJam wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:15 am

Nah...and pahLEEZE...we haven't had a good D since Aranda left the house. Still, the crew seemed to have finally acquired the ability to make tackles last year. Much love to Blessman for being my favorite nose-guard since...Die-RECT-o.
hope santa cruz can get the d going.we have been soft for awhile.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

kalua pig wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:30 pm
SundayJam wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:15 am

hope santa cruz can get the d going.we have been soft for awhile.
We did improve a lot last year. I also have a high estimation of the new head coach.

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

https://www.khon2.com/coronavirus/ncaa- ... 31/#GoBows https://twitter.com/InsidetheNCAA/status/1273373017452744712 https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1273390541971968001 https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1273423992066502657 https://twitter.com/RobDeMelloKHON/status/1273471751620419585

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

the arizona game needs to be played in hawai'i. the state of arizona has a virus problem.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

kalua pig wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:43 pm the arizona game needs to be played in hawai'i. the state of arizona has a virus problem.
and...bringing all those fans and players and coaches to Hawaii from a hot-spot is any better?!!!
Dr. Fauci has already said football isn't gonna happen this year. I love the way you add the EE to Hawai'i but forget to...ahh...never mind.
Yes...I know...I'm a grammar Nazi.

I have a real fear that we will not have a 2020 season. China has locked down their capitol, Beijing, and so many of the American states that opened up early are hitting record levels of infections. They don't need no face-masks...they need liberty.

I'm sorry for being so negative. I feel it though. Aloha.

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

SundayJam wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:21 am
kalua pig wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:43 pm the arizona game needs to be played in hawai'i. the state of arizona has a virus problem.
and...bringing all those fans and players and coaches to Hawaii from a hot-spot is any better?!!!
Dr. Fauci has already said football isn't gonna happen this year. I love the way you add the EE to Hawai'i but forget to...ahh...never mind.

I have a real fear that we will not have a 2020 season. China has locked down their capitol, Beijing, and so many of the American states that opened up early are hitting record levels of infections. They don't need no face-masks...they need liberty.

started this thread to document the vibe of whether the season will be played or not in real time.in the beginning it was no way.then it was guarantee.now it's don't know.rollercoaster action.

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

kalua pig wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:55 am
SundayJam wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:21 am

started this thread to document the vibe of whether the season will be played or not in real time.in the beginning it was no way.then it was guarantee.now it's don't know.rollercoaster action.
Have a feeling now that we won't. They will try and will open fall camps but then there will be a lot of guys testing positive and everything will go down the tubes.
And just reporting that 23 Clemson players tested positive.
ImageImage

kalua pig
Starter
Starter

Post by kalua pig »

kalua pig wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:07 pm late start confrence only.lets go.
kalua pig on april 26.