Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Don't feel like talking sports? This public forum is the place to do it!
shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: Dubs
NFL: 9ers

Re: Political discussion of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Post by shrek2 »

shrek2 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:01 pm
SundayJam wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:34 pm
Wow. I could not make it through 5 minutes of the Trader Joe rant. I think I'd be fired for starting a fight if I worked there. The Costco employee was the best. Trump makes his staff wear masks after his valet tested positive. He also takes a worthless, dangerous drug as of 2 weeks ago. Hypocrite.
Trump's going to be tested tomorrow at the Ford plant in Michigan. If he acts like an a-hole, the rest of the country will say why can't I.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... -ntp-feeds
Most of the comments on the posts on YouTube agree with you. No shirt, no shoes, no service type deal. It's too bad the guys at Trader Joes (not Vics) couldn't be more assertive and just told the lady its LA County rules. But people listen to Trump where he makes up facts and this lady says that the CO2 is bad for her but when in fact CO2 is in the air.
And, Trump once again proves that he is a terrible leader not wearing his mask when asked to.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... -dhp-feeds
Dana Nessel, AG for Michigan says:
"I was infuriated and exasperated, because I know that for every person who goes into a place of business where they're told to wear a mask, and they see the president not wearing one, their reaction is going to be, 'The president of the United States doesn't have to wear one. Why should I?'" she said Friday of Trump's Ford visit. "This isn't funny, these are people's lives."

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

4 inspector generals fired in 2 months. Pompeo, another sycophant, says we, at the state department, serve at the president's pleasure. Comment, Wyokie?

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Tony Blair compares leadership of Trump to Clinton, Bush and Obama. US lacking world leadership in the pandemic.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-u-k-p ... 37553.html

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Buffalo Bills

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:27 am

Link

4 inspector generals fired in 2 months. Pompeo, another sycophant, says we, at the state department, serve at the president's pleasure. Comment, Wyokie?
Yea....at least Hillary aint running the country. She would make Trump look like a saint!!!!!!! Can't stand her.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

The "yeah but Hillary" card is overplayed Wyokie. Trump has done way worse and everyone knows it.

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

EITSwarrior wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:00 am The "yeah but Hillary" card is overplayed Wyokie. Trump has done way worse and everyone knows it.
I'll give you that Trump has been bad but...Hillary woulda been far far worse!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's the reason Epstein is dead amongst others who "upset" her over the years!!!!! Hell, she makes the Mafia look good.

Trump shoulda been banned from using his Twitter account. :roll:

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:17 am
EITSwarrior wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:00 am The "yeah but Hillary" card is overplayed Wyokie. Trump has done way worse and everyone knows it.
I'll give you that Trump has been bad but...Hillary woulda been far far worse!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's the reason Epstein is dead amongst others who "upset" her over the years!!!!! Hell, she makes the Mafia look good.

The Republicans had control of three branches of government when Trump won the election in 2016. Now, they own the Supreme Court. Why haven't they 'locked her up' yet? In the meantime, 20 + Trump officials have been indicted or convicted for numerous offenses. Heads of law and Inspector Generals have been fired for no reason. Sorry Bud, I thought you were a history major...or was that a major in Urban Legends?

wyokie
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by wyokie »

SundayJam wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:12 pm

The Republicans had control of three branches of government when Trump won the election in 2016. Now, they own the Supreme Court. Why haven't they 'locked her up' yet? In the meantime, 20 + Trump officials have been indicted or convicted for numerous offenses. Heads of law and Inspector Generals have been fired for no reason. Sorry Bud, I thought you were a history major...or was that a major in Urban Legends?
She knows how to play the game of politics and play it well....except when it comes to running for the highest office in the country. Shoulda went after the Midwest aka Big Ten country (Michigan, Wisconsin, etc…) vote more.

Let me guess, you're a Democrat aren't ya, SundayJam? As I said before, I give Trump haters one thing - he shoulda been banned from Twitter while in office.

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

wyokie wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:31 pm
SundayJam wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:12 pm

She knows how to play the game of politics and play it well....except when it comes to running for the highest office in the country. Shoulda went after the Midwest aka Big Ten country (Michigan, Wisconsin, etc…) vote more.

Let me guess, you're a Democrat aren't ya, SundayJam? As I said before, I give Trump haters one thing - he shoulda been banned from Twitter while in office.
No, she failed when Comey came out with that announcement that her emails had been found...they hadn't. Oh well, damage done...whoops. She failed when she ignored the bucket list of deplorables...they are people too. Republicans are better cheaters at things like gerrymandering and promoting fantasy.

There have been many great Republicans over the years. I've voted Republican before. I just can't say what happened to the party after Obama got elected and re-elected. They kinda went crazy: hence, the Tea Party and Trump. They tend to ignore atrocities committed by 'their guy' while being obsessed with imaginary crimes of Democratic leadership. Please tell me you don't buy into that Q-anon nonsense. The latest disaster created by 'your guys' was the Cov-19 fiasco. If this is what you consider winning, enjoy your victory. America is number one in world death toll.

Trump doesn't need Twitter to fail
...uhm, Does injecting Bleach into the body ring a bell? What ever happened to Hydroxychloroquine? Nah, Trump constantly makes a fool of himself on any platform. Twitter is just one of them.

EITSwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by EITSwarrior »

Far worse how??? You have no basis to back that up.

gopunahou
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by gopunahou »

Bottom line: Bernie would’ve been the best choice, but that ain’t gonna happen, is it?
Punahou Football: 12-1, 2008 ILH and State Champions! 11-0, 2013 ILH and State Champions, a team for the ages!

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

Link

Look...I don't hold the view that those who voted for Trump are deplorable. They were misguided.
Check this dated video from 2012 and relive the ridiculous opinions Republican voters have regarding Democrats.
If you don't want to watch the whole video, just tune into the 47 minute mark for an affirmation of Wyoming support.
I am not hating on you, Wyokie. Wake up and smell the coffee. Something's rotten in Denmark.

On a side note...is the moderator the current presidential press secretary...'cause she kinda looks like....

Dang...so many hours after posting this ridiculous video...I watched more of it. Check 1:00:00 into the video where a viewer from Utah...asks why wouldn't the popular vote be more decisive in a presidential election. Also, as I watch more...at 1:00:03: When asked if America were burning who would you save? O'Reily says, "I'd save Oprah. Stewart says, "I'd save my family."

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Trump golfs and tweets but says nothing about the 100,000 dead on this Memorial Day weekend.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tweets ... 46960.html
From the article.
Among those who regularly assailed Obama for golfing was Trump — by one count, 27 times. “Can you believe that, with all of the problems and difficulties facing the U.S., President Obama spent the day playing golf,” Trump wrote in 2014.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Trump and his leadership during this pandemic strikes again. This time in Kentucky.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/political-le ... 00051.html
An effigy of the Kentucky governor being hanged from a tree because of his policies during the pandemic.

And... he criticizes Biden for wearing a mask in public while he hardly is shown wearing a mask.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... -dhp-feeds
Need for new leadership.

shrek2
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by shrek2 »

Trump shoveling government funds to cronies.
https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/ca ... 01096.html

Trump sees his job as comforting the nation. :lol:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... -ntp-feeds